Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

But you can become unemployed............
    Not for long...TT well liked in the league...

The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

But if he is unemployed that makes Tua a miss so we would have no franchise QB, a burned number 6 pick and be looking for a new GM to go prognosticate with our 2021 pick. If they draft QB and it's a miss we could be working from behind for 2 - 3 more years minimum.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        But if he is unemployed that makes Tua a miss so we would have no franchise QB, a burned number 6 pick and be looking for a new GM to go prognosticate with our 2021 pick. If they draft QB and it's a miss we could be working from behind for 2 - 3 more years minimum.
        Why would we have a new GM for our 2021 pick? TT's job isn't in jeopardy - he was just extended for multiple years. Lynn on the other hand, just got a single year added to his contract. If TT did decide that Tua was too good to pass on despite his injury history, he won't be written off as a bust after one year. I agree that we could spend multiple years on a QB that might not be able to stay healthy and that will suck coming right after the second most durable QB in league history.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

TT isn’t going anywhere. He’s tight with the Spanii buck. Thats his #1 job and he does it well and without complaint.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• swand
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

My final mock
            1. Good player
            2. Good player
            3. Say wuh? Couldn't we have gotten him in the 6th or 7th round?
            4. Good player
            5. Can't believe he was still available.
            6. Never heard of him. Surprised we didn't pick him in the 3rd round
            7. eh... its the seventh round... probably a practice squad player we wanted to make sure we got in to camp.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by swand View Post
              My final mock
              1. Good player
              2. Good player
              3. Say wuh? Couldn't we have gotten him in the 6th or 7th round?
              4. Good player
              5. Can't believe he was still available.
              6. Never heard of him. Surprised we didn't pick him in the 3rd round
              7. eh... its the seventh round... probably a practice squad player we wanted to make sure we got in to camp.
              LMFBO :rofl:

:toyou:

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I don't think there is anything wrong with Adams, save his medical issues. He has a bit of "Animal House" in him...so what? I don't believe he would be a distraction in the locker room...in fact, he was well liked by team mates, great locker room guy. He didn't do drugs, beat up his girlfriend, or have a weapons charge. I would take a late round flyer on the hopes that he stays healthy, returns to form, and reaches that potential he flashed as an underclassman.
                Well stated. If he's there in the 7th how do you not draft him? Who else are you going to get at pick 220?

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

ITS DRAFT DAY!! … Updated Where is everybody? Of course, the draft is still several hours away so folks will be excused if they sleep in a little, although the guess here is that most NFL personnel people have already been up and at it for hours. And I am not sure if anybody has asked the questioned why is that draft still at 8 PM ET. Everybody everywhere is at home. There is no real prime time anymore. They actually could have started it literally anytime today. A few things we’ll be watching in the lead up to the draft. Detroit, which picks third and holds the key to how the rest of the top ten evolves if as expected Joe Burrow and Chase Young are the first two players off the board, has said that if they move the pick, they want a deal in place before the draft starts. Of course, there is nothing that says that the Lions won’t still take calls once they get on the clock, but it does put a little more pressure on anyone that does want to move up to the 3rd pick. In fact, Washington, which has the 2nd pick and is supposedly still taking calls for that selection, has also said they want anything sealed before the start of the draft if they were to move that pick, although the Redskins are believed to be far less motivated to deal than the Lions. As noted in an earlier there are also as many as a dozen quality veterans who could be traded today in moves that would very much impact the opening round. Top names that could be dealt today include Washington LT Trent Williams, NY Jets FS Jamal Adams, Jacksonville DE Yannick Ngakoue and Tampa Bay TE O.J. Howard. Of those, a trade for the Redskins’ Williams appears to be the most likely. Washington reportedly is talking with as many as 4 teams including the NY Jets, Cleveland, Minnesota and Philadelphia. The Redskins are reportedly asking for a 2nd round pick, but would reportedly accept a package of lower round selections.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    ITS DRAFT DAY!! … Updated Where is everybody? Of course, the draft is still several hours away so folks will be excused if they sleep in a little, although the guess here is that most NFL personnel people have already been up and at it for hours. And I am not sure if anybody has asked the questioned why is that draft still at 8 PM ET. Everybody everywhere is at home. There is no real prime time anymore. They actually could have started it literally anytime today. A few things we’ll be watching in the lead up to the draft. Detroit, which picks third and holds the key to how the rest of the top ten evolves if as expected Joe Burrow and Chase Young are the first two players off the board, has said that if they move the pick, they want a deal in place before the draft starts. Of course, there is nothing that says that the Lions won’t still take calls once they get on the clock, but it does put a little more pressure on anyone that does want to move up to the 3rd pick. In fact, Washington, which has the 2nd pick and is supposedly still taking calls for that selection, has also said they want anything sealed before the start of the draft if they were to move that pick, although the Redskins are believed to be far less motivated to deal than the Lions. As noted in an earlier there are also as many as a dozen quality veterans who could be traded today in moves that would very much impact the opening round. Top names that could be dealt today include Washington LT Trent Williams, NY Jets FS Jamal Adams, Jacksonville DE Yannick Ngakoue and Tampa Bay TE O.J. Howard. Of those, a trade for the Redskins’ Williams appears to be the most likely. Washington reportedly is talking with as many as 4 teams including the NY Jets, Cleveland, Minnesota and Philadelphia. The Redskins are reportedly asking for a 2nd round pick, but would reportedly accept a package of lower round selections.
                    No way would I trade out of 1 or 2 without absolutly raping the other team. A Ricky Williams type trade.

And why would NYJ want to trade Jamal Adams? Keep your young stars. They are worth more than draft picks.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

No way would I trade out of 1 or 2 without absolutly raping the other team. A Ricky Williams type trade.

And why would NYJ want to trade Jamal Adams? Keep your young stars. They are worth more than draft picks.
                      He was pissed and very vocal last year when his name came out in trade rumors and has recently said he isn't reporting without a new deal.

While his ego might be more delicate as Tua's bones, he's a fucking beast on the field. But it would not at all surprise me to see him on another roster by the end of the draft, as this has to be getting old having to stroke Jamal's ego every few months.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

And for some reason Billy Squire is playing in my head............

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Any of our favourite current Bolts possibly on the block tonight?
                          I've seen King but was wondering if Melvin Ingram is expendable ( at the right price, of course)?

Comment

Working...
                          X