• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    And for some reason Billy Squire is playing in my head............
    you take your pension with loneliness and alcohol

La Costa - not sure how long you have lived in La Costa but back in the day, the 1980's - Pat Martin was a deejay on KGB 101.5 - called him Billy Dog
    to this day cannot hear Squire without Pat Martin calling him " Billy Dog"

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      Any of our favourite current Bolts possibly on the block tonight?
      I've seen King but was wondering if Melvin Ingram is expendable ( at the right price, of course)?
      An Ingram trade is because you are not signing him next year and getting value this year and hoping Nwosu can step up

I have wondered if Clowney or Yannick N made more sense than Ingram. Both are younger.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

An Ingram trade is because you are not signing him next year and getting value this year and hoping Nwosu can step up

I have wondered if Clowney or Yannick N made more sense than Ingram. Both are younger.
        or who do you like in the draft.... @37 or.... ??

YGM, Epenesa, Okwara, Curtis Weaver, Darrell Taylor, Chaisson, Anae, Alton Robinson, Highsmith, Willekes, Garvin

if the season is aborted, wondering what the trade scenario/parameters might be ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Clowney's long term health worries me. But I'd be down for a Yannick for Ingram swap

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

or who do you like in the draft.... @37 or.... ??

YGM, Epenesa, Okwara, Curtis Weaver, Darrell Taylor, Chaisson, Anae, Alton Robinson, Highsmith, Willekes, Garvin

if the season is aborted, wondering what the trade scenario/parameters might be ??
            Also this -- but not sure Ingram would get you more than a 5th at this point. I probably keep Ingram unless I am 100% sure I have a replacement for him like a name you mention.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

you take your pension with loneliness and alcohol

La Costa - not sure how long you have lived in La Costa but back in the day, the 1980's - Pat Martin was a deejay on KGB 101.5 - called him Billy Dog
              to this day cannot hear Squire without Pat Martin calling him " Billy Dog"
              Actually never lived there. La Costa Boy or LCB refers to a group of world class slalom skateboard racers that used those miles of paved hills back in 75 - 79. The Sunday races were legendary............

"You may be a winner boy you move pretty well......."

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

We could possible ignore the defense almost entirely this draft, hitting QB, OT, WR, RB, OG/C...I don't see us subtracting from the defense by trading away good players, just to have to replace them.:2cents:
                Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                23. A. Mitchell WR
                37. K. Jenkins DT
                69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Except if Simmons is there !

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    Except if Simmons is there !
                    True dat...
                    Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                    (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                    23. A. Mitchell WR
                    37. K. Jenkins DT
                    69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                    110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                    181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                    253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigSwede View Post
                      Well hello to new and old Charger friends. It's been a long while. I just joined here today to post my mock draft. I see some old names from the old San Diego Tribune days.

I'll get right into it... First, I think these players will be off the board and I won't trade up... Burrow, Young, Simmons,Tua.... The wild card for me is the Giants pick. I have CB Okudah to them for now. I don't see where they need a DT. OT is certainly a need for them. With those thoughts in mind, here we go, read it and weep...

1) OT - Andrew Thomas - Georgia ... This guy's been up and down on the draft boards over the past two or three months. Two months ago he was the consensus #1 OT. Not so much anymore. But I have to pull the card on somebody. He wins. One red flag for me is he kind of reminds me of Fluker, physically . I'll try to ignore I just said that.

2) QB - Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma ... I'd certainly take Love if he should drop to this slot but I highly doubt it. This might be a little high for Hurts but he could go before our 3rd pick. Better safe than sorry as they say. Somebody said that I think. I passed on Herbert in the first because I want to give Taylor free rein without having to look over his shoulder, at least for this year. And if something should happen to him Hurts is so similar that he could just step in without a change to the offense. By the way, if Hurts is second fiddle shouldn't he be named Avis ?

3) DT - Leki Fotu - Utah ... He's dropped a bit lately from what I can tell but like Hurts I don't want to chance he's gone by our next pick. He's huge and very athletic despite his size. The problem is it hasn't translated to his stats column. Maybe he'll learn a thing or three from Joseph. Until then I just want him to use up blockers and let everyone else get after it.

4) WR/RB - Antonio Gibson -- Memphis ... At 6'0"/228 he ran a 4.39 at the combine. He was mostly a WR in college and played a little RB as well. The so-called experts project him at RB. Fine. He's our third RB and our third WR and our KR as well. He's a beast. I just hope he's still here in the 4th.

5) WR - Quez Watkins - S. Mississippi ... I had 3 WRs in mind for our 6th round pick and went to the videotape to see who would win out. The other two were John Hightower and Tristian Jackson. Watkins is the fastest of the 3 with a 4.35. I thought he was best runner after the catch and had the best hands. I also liked his on-field demeanor. He just looks like a winner to me. I like him so much I had to move him up to the 5th round. He can return kicks as well.

6) LB - Justin Strnad - Wake Forest ... Decent size, average speed, I like his stats. I'm a stats guy. Coming off an injury but he did perform at the combine so he is healthy. I guess I might compare him as a poor man's Kyle Van Noy. I'll take that here. I especially like his passes defensed stats.

7) DE - Joe Gaziano - Northwestern... Did I say I was a stats guy? He's got 'em. Not a great 40 time for sure. More of a blue collar/lunch pail guy I guess. My other choice was Bryce Sterk who had a good 40 time. But when I went to the videotape Sterk showed me nothing despite his great stats at Montana State. Gaziano looked like a man. One thing I wanted to do in this draft was flesh out the DL. Done.

Pouncey has not been cleared yet and is a going concern. So we may have to re-sign Groy as a fallback backup and should sign at least one undrafted rookie for the position. We will also have to sign a FB/HB to replace Watt.

Other than that, there ya go. Let's Get it On!
                      Nice work brother. Welcome to the Blues. Its great to have you BigSwede.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍