Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Humphrey is a redshirt sophomore. Has he declared for the draft?
    Not yet
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

First off... very rarely do you get a quality FA left tackles. All the good ones get re-signed. Only older LT's (usually on the downside) get let go... and they're usually expensive. Get your quality LT in the 1st round... this is where they reside.

Secondly... Lamp has been on IR longer than he's been on active roster. Qberry looked over-matched vs the Broncos, Feeney still hasn't figured it out after 3 years. And Pip just plain sucks.

That OL has a ceiling of 7-9. We should do better. Draft a LT in the 1st. Follow it up with Creed Humphrey in the 2nd. Get an OG and RT in FA... then we'll talk.
      who are your top five OTs for round one ?? and who do you have filling the spots of Lamp, Q, Dan and Pip ??

agree that we could be on thin ice/shakey grounds w/the aforementioned Oline, and.... agree that team Tommy John in FA has been pretty hit 'n miss, and mostly miss in the draft ?? what do you do ??

and Creed Humphrey is a first rounder or thereabouts guy and not likely still on the board come forty/fiftysomething when we're up round two ?? and me thinx Biadasz is more OG material than OC ??

and are you eyeing any RT/OG possibilities in FA ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• alex8080
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Okung--Lamp--Feeney--Tevi--Adams

(see signature)
        agree with tevi

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          who are your top five OTs for round one ?? and who do you have filling the spots of Lamp, Q, Dan and Pip ??

agree that we could be on thin ice/shakey grounds w/the aforementioned Oline, and.... agree that team Tommy John in FA has been pretty hit 'n miss, and mostly miss in the draft ?? what do you do ??

and Creed Humphrey is a first rounder or thereabouts guy and not likely still on the board come forty/fiftysomething when we're up round two ?? and me thinx Biadasz is more OG material than OC ??

and are you eyeing any RT/OG possibilities in FA ??
          Hey Beach, good questions.

My top 5 OT's: Andrew Thomas, Alex Leatherwood, Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Trey Adams. If Walker Little's knee checks out, I would put him in between Wills and Adams.

I like Humphrey better than Biadasz at center. But I think Biadasz could definitely excel at center in the NFL. Both players are late 1st/early 2nd rounders. Neither are as good as Frank Ragnow, though. After those two players, I feel the talent level drops off. Later round guys I like at center: Frederick Mauigoa and Zach Shackelford.

Would love to steal FA's RT Jack Conklin and RG Joe Thuney.

Dream OL: Leatherwood, Thuney, Humphrey, Lamp, Conklin... with Quessenbury, Feeney, and Pipkins as depth/development.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

My top 5 OT's: Andrew Thomas, Alex Leatherwood, Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Trey Adams. If Walker Little's knee checks out, I would put him in between Wills and Adams.

I like Humphrey better than Biadasz at center. But I think Biadasz could definitely excel at center in the NFL. Both players are late 1st/early 2nd rounders. Neither are as good as Frank Ragnow, though. After those two players, I feel the talent level drops off. Later round guys I like at center: Frederick Mauigoa and Zach Shackelford.

Dream OL: Leatherwood, Thuney, Humphrey, Lamp, Conklin... with Quessenbury, Feeney, and Pipkins as depth/development.
            Humphrey is a better fit...a Pouncey style Center...wrestling background...young, with inherent upside.

I consider Biadasz better, by a whisker. I want him at OG.

Two different types of players.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

would love the either of Wirfs/Andrew Thomas, albeit will be surprised if the either are even remotely in range of where we select round one.... on the other end of the scale, don't know if there are two riskier picks than the either of Trey Adams or Walker Little, the former due to injury concern, and the latter due to talent eval ??

and was hopeful for the Alabama guys earlier on, but would be more inclined to wait 'til later for the likes of Trey Smith and/or Mekhi Becton ??

and would be surprised if we bring in a center, given that Qberry has been serviceable of late and that Tom extended Pouncey, albeit do see Scho as a potential FA casualty, and w/a corresponding roster spot @RG, of which Biadasz could be perfect.

and haven't had reason to be intrigued by the either of Mauigoa nor Shackelford, as the names that make me pause @the OC are the likes of Lloyd Cushenberry and Jake Hanson (held up against Derrick Brown)…. also like Darryl Williams for his intangibles, but he did not do well when facing D. Brown.... Cesar Ruiz has also gotten some love of late, but can't get on board atm.

think they gotta throw some monies @OL in FA for if and when PR gets resigned, and things come clear w/the health of Russell Okung ?? are Conklin/Thuney the guys ?? ….not sure 'bout that ??
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I was noodling the other day at The Draft Network Machine,
                using their Predictive mode,
                and based upon what is known so far,
                I managed to select what would be a great draft for us

Tristan Wirfs ORT Iowa State.
                Kenneth Murray MLB Oklahoma.
                Netane Muti OG Fresno State.
                Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt.
                Devin Duvernay WRS Texas.
                Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska.
                Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M.

Wirfs Day one starter at ORT or even ORG. If we get him or Jedrick Wills (I now see better mobility) that will be a very good thing. Both men posses power and movement skills that fit our scheme. They can really help us immediately. My late round OL nuggets so far include Ben Bartch St John MN and Robert Hunt Louisiana Lafayette. I am going Pipkins on you because this is where value will be. Scarcity will always be an issue. OLinemen will be vacuumed up in a jiffy.

Murray Very athletic MIKE to work with Tranquill, as it appears we will move on from Perryman. This guy has range. The issue is dealing with blockers. Great speed. Strike early at LB.

Muti Excellent out in space, but he needs some refinement. Here's competition for Lamp, Feeney and Quessenberry. Meyer wants power plus balance out in space. Here it is.

Vaughn Just a very explosive football player with good size. We have a cheap direct replacement for Gordon, which is necessary to get cap space for HH and Phil. Ke'Shawn provides a perfect complement for Ek/JJ.

Duvernay Chunky Slot receiver who is also capable of tracking deep balls well. He helps take pressure of the Oline with hot routes, plus he replaces the expensive Benjamin, providing much needed space underneath for our playmakers. We have high production capability from KA, HH, and Ek. We just need certain skills, hence we find our guy in round five.

Jackson Prototype gusD Boundary Corner, with great length and athleticism. Needs to improve ability to mirror, but this gives us legitimate competition for Facyson and Teamer for DB #9.

Mond Young arm talent to develop. Good athlete as fsr as running ability goes. Showed improvement over the 2019 season.

Remaining needs include TE, DT and vet OL.
                PR returns !
                You don't know ball

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Ke’Shawn is one of my favorite prospects. He is an elite prospect thanks to superb vision, homerun speed, contact balance, leg drive, and intense motor.

Netane with 2 consecutive season ending injuries is off my board and should stay for his senior season.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    I was noodling the other day at The Draft Network Machine,
                    using their Predictive mode,
                    and based upon what is known so far,
                    I managed to select what would be a great draft for us

Tristan Wirfs ORT Iowa State.
                    Kenneth Murray MLB Oklahoma.
                    Netane Muti OG Fresno State.
                    Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt.
                    Devin Duvernay WRS Texas.
                    Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska.
                    Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M.

Wirfs Day one starter at ORT or even ORG. If we get him or Jedrick Wills (I now see better mobility) that will be a very good thing. Both men posses power and movement skills that fit our scheme. They can really help us immediately. My late round OL nuggets so far include Ben Bartch St John MN and Robert Hunt Louisiana Lafayette. I am going Pipkins on you because this is where value will be. Scarcity will always be an issue. OLinemen will be vacuumed up in a jiffy.

Murray Very athletic MIKE to work with Tranquill, as it appears we will move on from Perryman. This guy has range. The issue is dealing with blockers. Great speed. Strike early at LB.

Muti Excellent out in space, but he needs some refinement. Here's competition for Lamp, Feeney and Quessenberry. Meyer wants power plus balance out in space. Here it is.

Vaughn Just a very explosive football player with good size. We have a cheap direct replacement for Gordon, which is necessary to get cap space for HH and Phil. Ke'Shawn provides a perfect complement for Ek/JJ.

Duvernay Chunky Slot receiver who is also capable of tracking deep balls well. He helps take pressure of the Oline with hot routes, plus he replaces the expensive Benjamin, providing much needed space underneath for our playmakers. We have high production capability from KA, HH, and Ek. We just need certain skills, hence we find our guy in round five.

Jackson Prototype gusD Boundary Corner, with great length and athleticism. Needs to improve ability to mirror, but this gives us legitimate competition for Facyson and Teamer for DB #9.

Mond Young arm talent to develop. Good athlete as fsr as running ability goes. Showed improvement over the 2019 season.

Remaining needs include TE, DT and vet OL.
                    PR returns !
                    My favorite using the draft machine......

D. Brown (DT)
                    L. Niang (OT)
                    J. Gladney (CB)
                    K. Vaughn (RB)
                    B. Bredeson (OG)
                    A. Trautman (TE)
                    J. Reed (WR)

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

My favorite using the draft machine......

D. Brown (DT)
                      L. Niang (OT)
                      J. Gladney (CB)
                      K. Vaughn (RB)
                      B. Bredeson (OG)
                      A. Trautman (TE)
                      J. Reed (WR)

I would really like Brown.
                      Make some magic with Ingram and Bosa.
                      Having an alpha DT would also help with the development of JJ, Tillery and Broughton.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

I'm not saying Leatherwood isn't a good prospect, but I watched a game...can't remember which one...was looking him out...was not impressed at all. Maybe it was a bad game...but then I noticed he has fallen on some boards...he just seemed a little lazy that game, it was weird. Like he was phoning it in...taking plays off. I kept rewinding the tivo to make sure it was the same guy. By the way, that same game noticed the other tackle, forget his name right this second...he played really well. LOL...just saw his name in the quote..Wills.

Anyway...not too sure on Leatherwood...rather have Wirfs easily. Maybe even Wills.
                        Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                        23. A. Mitchell WR
                        37. K. Jenkins DT
                        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

If the draft order stays the same over final 2 weeks.

1.Bengals: J.Burrow-QB, LSU

2.Giants: C.Young-Edge, Ohio St.

3.Dolphins: J.Herbert-QB, Oregon

4.Redskins: J.Jeudy-WR, Alabama

5.Cardinals: A.Thomas-OT, Georgia

6.Lions: D.Brown-DT, Auburn

7.Jaguars: J.Okudah-CB, Ohio St.

8.Falcons: AJ.Epenesa-DE, Iowa

9.Jets: C.Lamb-WR, Oklahoma

10.Chargers: PICK???

Tua-QB, Alabama

Wirfs-OT, Iowa
                          Jackson-OT, USC
                          Biadasz-OL, Wisconsin

Shenault-WR, Colorado
                          Ruggs-WR, Alabama

Simmons-LB, Clemson
                          Murray-LB, Oklahoma

Delpit-S, LSU

Fulton-CB, LSU
                          Adebo-CB, Stanford
                          Diggs-CB, Alabama

Kinlaw-DL, S.Carolina
                          GrossMatos-DE, Penn St.

Swift-RB, Georgia
                          Taylor-RB, Wisconsin
                          Last edited by Critty; 12-14-2019, 04:24 PM.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡