POLL: Should the Bolts rebuild the O line, or sell the farm for a top-tier QB?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

POLL: Should the Bolts rebuild the O line, or sell the farm for a top-tier QB?

I'm not so sure that Burrow will be available at any price, as much as a lot of us want him. Suppose we pick in the top 10 or so, maybe as low as #7 overall. There are a couple of teams ahead of us that also really need a QB. Highly doubt they trade away their pick, even if we sell the farm. I'm thinking we're best off to get the best OT that drops to us wherever we pick, and it looks like some good talent should be there--possibly someone like Wirfs. If a decent QB is there in round 2, I would consider it. I'd also like to get a G in round 3-4 or so, AND draft a FA OT...I say, BUILD THE LINE, and no matter what QB you put behind it, as long as he doesn't make mistakes, we have a better chance of winning. What do you think?
    Let's quit messing around and REBUILD THE O-LINE!
    71.43%
    Sell the farm for one of the top QB's
    21.43%
    Other--see my answer
    7.14%
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

See response in NCAA thread.
    The issues are slotting, talent level and scheme fit.
    You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Forget slotting, forget perceived BPA. Even the best talent evaluators get it wrong sometimes. BPA got us Jerry Tillery... Fix the OL. The only scenario I can see where you go something other than OT would be if the first 5 OT's are gone by the #9 pick. But... that ain't happening. Go get the future LT. Then look at BPA in 2nd round... with heavy consideration of center.

I'm not waiting around for players to develop anymore. Rookies start all the time in the NFL... don't make me create a list... that's just a lame excuse. No more excuses. Fail one more time along the OL and TT should get his walking papers.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        Forget slotting, forget perceived BPA. Even the best talent evaluators get it wrong sometimes. BPA got us Jerry Tillery... Fix the OL. The only scenario I can see where you go something other than OT would be if the first 5 OT's are gone by the #9 pick. But... that ain't happening. Go get the future LT. Then look at BPA in 2nd round... with heavy consideration of center.

I'm not waiting around for players to develop anymore. Rookies start all the time in the NFL... don't make me create a list... that's just a lame excuse. No more excuses. Fail one more time along the OL and TT should get his walking papers.
        ^ This...we've been pussyfooting around with our O line too long...agree, Nut...draft the best OT there when we pick, then look for a G or C-G in rounds 2-4. Even double dip at OT in mid or later rounds. Sign a FA OT. Sign a FA guard. Line 'em all up and see who comes out on top. Between 2-4 of the following get cut: Groy, Scott, Scho, Tevi, Feeney, Lamp or Pip. If Okung or Pouncey retire, so be it. At least we'll have some depth. Time to be brutally ruthless and cut loose with the dead wood...

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Yes! Draft, sign, compete, cut. Putting up with this crap too long. We've wasted some great playmakers along the way...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Yes! Draft, sign, compete, cut. Putting up with this crap too long. We've wasted some great playmakers along the way...
            The CBA does not allow for "compete."

There are hardly any full pad practices all summer.

Consider the current nature of Oline play/development.

I remember you said you never liked the Falcons '19 draft...McGarry's bad too...comments please Nutty.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

McGary was a guard, just like Risner (just like I said). One team realized it, the other didn't. Not my fault... Identify real tackles and draft them early if CBA hinders their development.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

McGary was a guard, just like Risner (just like I said). One team realized it, the other didn't. Not my fault... Identify real tackles and draft them early if CBA hinders their development.
                So far, I only like Wirfs and Thomas in round 1. The others are not initial starters. Use our draft capital on other things and continue to develop who we have. I have bigger plans for Okung than you do.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So far, I only like Wirfs and Thomas in round 1. The others are not initial starters. Use our draft capital on other things and continue to develop who we have. I have bigger plans for Okung than you do.
                  Oh? And what exactly might your plans for Okung be?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh? And what exactly might your plans for Okung be?
                    OLT 3 more seasons.
                    At this point, it is just agree to disagree.
                    You don't know ball

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

OLT 3 more seasons.
                      At this point, it is just agree to disagree.
                      Well, Wood, hope yer right. In the meantime, we can't assume anything, so my view is to draft and sign FA T and G talent, so we have QUALITY depth in case of injury or retirement...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Maybe the best approach is to combine all of our wants/concerns.

Keep Okung. He's overpriced... but he's the best we got... when he's healthy.
                        Draft a 1st round OT. Looks like Wirf is a guy everyone can agree upon.
                        Rivers and his contract might be out the door. Take that money and sign a RT, DT, and an OG.

1. OT Wirf
                        2. BPA: OC Creed Humphrey, QB Jacob Eason, QB Jordan Love, DT Marvin Wilson...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍