• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Here is my "Fuck it, let's shake things up" first 3 round mock...

1. Ceedee Lamb WR OK- Here is a weapon that comes right out of the package with preloaded chemistry with our QB of the future...
    2. Jalen Hurts QB OK- Chip on shoulder....something to prove, again...Lynn moves the team in his direction...
    3. J.K. Dobbins- I think he is still on the board...hell, Hurts might fall this far...but we might have to trade back into the second for him. Bye bye, MG III

Talk about offensive reload...Rivers is gone and we can afford some help on oline, possible 2 gapper in the fourth...sometimes you gotta say "What the fuck..." and flip the rebuild switch.

Chargers= Giant Etch-a-Sketch...let's shake this bitch up!!

Disclaimor: Don't take this too seriously...just having some fun here folks...or am I?:thinking:
    Last edited by Lone Bolt; 12-29-2019, 06:48 AM.
    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Here is my "Fuck it, let's shake things up" first 3 round mock...

1. Ceedee Lamb WR OK- Here is a weapon that comes right out of the package with preloaded chemistry with our QB of the future...
      2. Jalen Hurts QB OK- Chip on shoulder....something to prove, again...Lynn moves the team in his direction...
      3. J.K. Dobbings- I think he is still on the board...hell, Hurts might fall this far...but we might have to trade back into the second for him. Bye bye, MG III

Talk about offensive reload...Rivers is gone and we can afford some help on oline, possible 2 gapper in the fourth...sometimes you gotta say "What the fuck..." and flip the rebuild switch.

Chargers= Giant Etch-a-Sketch...let's shake this bitch up!!

Disclaimor: Don't take this too seriously...just having some fun here folks...or am I?:thinking:
      Eye see what you did there...
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You like Wirfs to transition to starting LOT in year uno?
        He's got the feet for it. It's better than having Scott over there.

My OL: Wirfs, Thuney, Humphrey, Lamp, Conklin... depth with Q-berry, Feeney, Pipkins
        Your OL: Okung, Feeney, Pouncey, Lamp, Pipkins... depth with Q-berry, Feeney, Tevi

Problem with your plan is that you're 1 or 2 injuries away from 5-11 again. And you know that Okung/Pouncey won't make it through another year. You also know that Pip is still 1 or 2 years away from being a pass protector (if ever). Hopes and Prayers don't always equal real players.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

And BTW... I have no problem with drafting Alex Leatherwood @ LT either. I know most on TPB would have a coronary if we drafted Leatherwood @ #7....

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            And BTW... I have no problem with drafting Alex Leatherwood @ LT either. I know most on TPB would have a coronary if we drafted Leatherwood @ #7....
            It wouldn't shock me one bit to see Leatherwood slip to the second...I have seen nothing impressive about him...definitely not a top 10 pick. Wills is the Alabama tackle you want.
            The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Ceedee Lamb WR Oklahoma.
              JK Dobbins RB the Ohio State University.
              Leki Fotu 1TECH Utah.

How many All-Pro OTs is a WR who can beat Press worth ? Hmmmm.

Round 2 too early for this guy, '70 ?

Big Fattie sets Tillery, JJ, Tranquill free.

No OT yet ? This is an outrage.
              Well, I've got a sleeper...you can thank me after the Senior Bowl.
              Another 1st round WR...?
              Yes, too early for RB when you can draft his equal in 3rd/4th round.
              Ravens get their fatties in later rounds... Nutty knows how to set Tillery free...
              No more "sleepers", please...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

It wouldn't shock me one bit to see Leatherwood slip to the second...I have seen nothing impressive about him...definitely not a top 10 pick. Wills is the Alabama tackle you want.
                Kudos to the smart GM that gets Leatherwood in the 2nd (probably won't happen). Maybe we should just wait until 3rd round (ala Orlando Brown Jr)... SMH...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Kudos to the smart GM that gets Leatherwood in the 2nd (probably won't happen). Maybe we should just wait until 3rd round (ala Orlando Brown Jr)... SMH...
                  A little hyperbole on my part...but I have seen stranger things in the draft...and with a deep second tier, if he gets lumped into the group during the process, he might just end up in the second.
                  The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

He's got the feet for it. It's better than having Scott over there.

My OL: Wirfs, Thuney, Humphrey, Lamp, Conklin... depth with Q-berry, Feeney, Pipkins
                    Your OL: Okung, Feeney, Pouncey, Lamp, Pipkins... depth with Q-berry, Feeney, Tevi

Problem with your plan is that you're 1 or 2 injuries away from 5-11 again. And you know that Okung/Pouncey won't make it through another year. You also know that Pip is still 1 or 2 years away from being a pass protector (if ever). Hopes and Prayers don't always equal real players.
                    You’ve obviously not read anything I’ve posted in regards to prospects, draft strategy, off-season plan, etc. Your “my plan” has 2 OL starters listed that I don’t have on the team. I don’t believe in prayers of any kind producing tangible results.

Wirfs does show pretty good feet on the right side. Why isn’t he Iowa’s LOT currently? Is he not as capable as Alaric Jackson?
                    What about his game is different, top 10 worthy, versus a talent like Niang?
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You’ve obviously not read anything I’ve posted in regards to prospects, draft strategy, off-season plan, etc. Your “my plan” has 2 OL starters listed that I don’t have on the team. I don’t believe in prayers of any kind producing tangible results.

Wirfs does show pretty good feet on the right side. Why isn’t he Iowa’s LOT currently? Is he not as capable as Alaric Jackson?
                      What about his game is different, top 10 worthy, versus a talent like Niang?
                      I will try to sift through your posts... or you could just post your OL, probably easier.

No idea why Wirfs at RT and Jackson at LT... consistency...? Wirfs has LT feet, Jackson doesn't.

IMO, Niang is a RT-only prospect. His feet are just not as quick as Thomas, Wirfs, Leatherwood, or Wills' feet. I separate 1st tier/2nd tier OT's according to: slide-step, down field/space ability, and LT ability. IMO, Niang also has deficiencies in down field abilities and out-in-space balance. In short, he's not the athlete the others are. He has some issues with center-of-gravity... plays too high. Of course, that can be coached. But the athleticism isn't there. If we were going to hope & pray that Okung stays healthy next year... then I would be all for taking Niang (or any of the other 2nd-tier OT's) in the 3rd/4th round to replace Tevi. I think the 2nd-tier OT's are pretty deep this year.

IMO, Trey Adams and Walker Little have the feet to be LT's IMO. But injury concerns probably knock them into round 2.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

I will try to sift through your posts... or you could just post your OL, probably easier.

No idea why Wirfs at RT and Jackson at LT... consistency...? Wirfs has LT feet, Jackson doesn't.

IMO, Niang is a RT-only prospect. His feet are just not as quick as Thomas, Wirfs, Leatherwood, or Wills' feet. I separate 1st tier/2nd tier OT's according to: slide-step, down field/space ability, and LT ability. IMO, Niang also has deficiencies in down field abilities and out-in-space balance. In short, he's not the athlete the others are. He has some issues with center-of-gravity... plays too high. Of course, that can be coached. But the athleticism isn't there. If we were going to hope & pray that Okung stays healthy next year... then I would be all for taking Niang (or any of the other 2nd-tier OT's) in the 3rd/4th round to replace Tevi. I think the 2nd-tier OT's are pretty deep this year.

IMO, Trey Adams and Walker Little have the feet to be LT's IMO. But injury concerns probably knock them into round 2.
                        We see 2eye for the most part. I have questions about Wirfs ability to handle speed with length in both phases. TW moves well linearly in both run game and his kickslide but his COD while at speed is marginal. Sits deep in anchor and agile to adjust to counters. Questions about grip strength, lateral mirror ability, and lower body flexibility. He has trouble with quick burst inside moves and S2P length players. Examples 2019 MSST Outback Bowl, 2018 PennSt, 2019 Michigan. I like the kid just not top 10 but still more tape to breakdown.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Here was my early off-season plan.....

My after week 16 offseason ideas and draft plan without trades, etc.....

Our QB situation is a complete unknown so I am calculating going QB in 2021. Also the health of both Pouncey and Okung unknown and are “hopes” at best. Pouncey was inconsistent before a serious neck injury. Okung if healthy would be a huge boon. I will be operating under the scenario that both will not play. I’m also going to assume we get a 4th round comp pick in 2020.

Retain with new contracts Hunter Henry, Adrian Phillips, Derek Watt, Sean Culkin, and all RFA/ERFA. Extend Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, King, and Ekeler.
                          Hire Joseph Brady as OC. Hire Rex Ryan as DC.

Free Agent market.
                          OT market quickly gets significantly over priced and our pursuit ends early.
                          Sign OC/OG Graham Glasgow.
                          Sign NT Michael Pierce.
                          Sign CB Darqueze Dennard.

2020 DRAFT........

1) Isaiah Simmons (OLB) CLEM 6’ 4” 230#
                          - incredible instincts, ballhawk, absolute uber athlete, length, range, insane tackler in open field or close quarters, explosive blitzer, creates turnovers, leader, cover TEs/WRs/RBs, needs to improve block deconstruction. This kid, like Derwin just bigger, can play everything except DT. He will never come off the field. Can change games defensively.

2) Trey Adams (OT) UW 6’ 8” 314# (assuming all medicals come back clean)
                          - huge dude with wingspan, length, huge hands provide brawny grip strength, wide balanced base, excellent fundamentals/mechanics, power in hand strikes, and obtains good depth in kickslide. Will need to continue to work on hand placement, staying engaged to 2nd level defenders in run game, hip drive flexibility, and inside power counters. Without injury history top 20 guy.

3) Jeff Gladney (CB) TCU 6’ 183#
                          - electric speed and acceleration, good length, flexibility, elite ballskills, advanced route recognition IQ, a true gambler, explosive leaping ability, willing quality tackler, looks bigger than listed weight on 2019 tape, sloppy tight footwork yet still excellent COD, grabby at TOR, mistimed jumps allow taller receivers to highpoint. Elite speed at CB to match up in man concepts. Like to see him play about 190#.

4A) Ke’Shawn Vaughn (RB) VANDY 5’ 10” 218#
                          - excellent vision, burst, elite contact balance, tough, driven to succeed, strong leg drive, ball security, speed to get corner & EZ, good hands and route execution, decisive cutting agility but needs to be more patient (comes from lousy inconsistent blocking), quality passpro skillset. Needs to improve identifying blitz scheme quicker, develop patience/hesitation step, and pass game understanding. Love this kid.

4B) Yasir Durant (OT) MIZZOU 6’ 7” 330#
                          - Big, physical, kodiak with length, athleticism, power, and a nasty FINISHER’s demeanor. Light feet, wide base, length to extend arc, power through hips, destroys 2nd level defenders, big mitts provide torque power thru grip strength, not fast but covers ground quickly upto 10-15 yards, decent lateral mobility, excellent flexibility for big dude, when sits in anchor with leverage = can’t be moved. Needs to improve overall core strength which will lead to dominant results. Couple minor technical issues that are coachable in kickslide and handstrike placement/timing.

5) Adam Trautman (TE) DAYTON 6’ 6” 256#
                          - Big, athletic, high football IQ (former QB), small schooler who grew into completely dominating his division. Good route stems from inline, slot, and boundary. Shows excellent hands, body control, concentration through catch window, RAC ability, redzone weapon & 1st down producer. Willing blocker in form, tenacity, strength, and attitude. Level of competition, toughness, grit, and play speed will be things to watch at Senior Bowl week.

6) Josiah Coatney (NT/DT) OLE MISS 6’ 4” 325#
                          - stout, agile, big man with some interior rush capabilities who played anywhere from 0-5 tech. Plays with outstanding leverage and possess quality length to disengage and make stops. Non stop motor, relentless, average burst/get-off but can reset LOS with power & leverage, effective stalematting double teams. Can let eyes betray block scheme diagnoses, doesn’t feel screens early, needs to improve working 1/2 man in 1on1s.

7) Joe Reed (WR/RS) UVA 6’ 1” 215#
                          - big time speed and acceleration, can eliminate angles, produced huge plays in return game throughout career, improved as a receiver over the last 3 seasons. Shows strong hands, concentration through catch point, elite body control/field vision/acceleration. Provides RAC all day, flexibility in run game, ST big play ability, and vertical threat. Development needing in route tree/stems and timing.

Vision Recap....

ROSTER

QB = ?, Taylor, Stick
                          RB = Vaughn, Ekeler, Jackson, Watt
                          TE = Henry, Trautman, Culkin, Green (Volert)
                          WR = Slayer, MWill, Reed, Scott, Moore, Cantrell (UDFAs)
                          IOL = Glasgow, Lamp, Feeney, QBerry, TScott
                          OT = Adams, Durant, Pipkins, Tevi *

DE/LEO = Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, Nwosu
                          DT/NT = Pierce, Jones, Tillery, Coatney
                          LB = Simmons, White, Tranquil, Perryman, Egbule, Dzubner
                          CB = Hayward, MDavis, DKing, Gladney, Dennard, Facyson
                          DS = James, Jenkins, Adderly, Phillips, Teamer

PK= Badgley
                          P = Long
                          LS - Mazza

* 4th OT should be converted to (OG/OT). Tevi, TScott, or Durant could make quality OGs. Lots of position versatility depth.

COORDINATORS

Offensively = creative, opportunistic, deceptive, COMMITMENT to the running game, multiple screen designs, PA and change of pocket location

Defensively = aggressive, sound fundamentally, multi blitz/coverage concepts, isolate elite pass rushers, produce TURNOVERS and 3rd down STOPS.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X