Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    doin' a little deeper research (intangibles wise 'specially), and considering needs more so than not....

1) RT Tristan Wirfs
    2) LT Prince Tega Wanogho
    3) NT Leki Fotu

where does WR Van Jefferson go off the board ??
    Now that is a trencher draft...except I don't see Prince projecting to left side in the pros...in fact, I can't remember where I read it, but one scout dubbed him as a natural fit at RT in the pros...but I'm just a pipefitter, not an oline coach....who knows?
    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

TIL LB be layin' some pipe...
      You don't know ball

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Now that is a trencher draft...except I don't see Prince projecting to left side in the pros...in fact, I can't remember where I read it, but one scout dubbed him as a natural fit at RT in the pros...but I'm just a pipefitter, not an oline coach....who knows?
        think it might be the opposite.... dude is pretty much a "move" LT.... has lateral agility and some wheels.... seems like he's in alignment/akin to the Campen MO ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• DerekReed98
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2020
          • Send PM

Hello everyone new here, but have always been a draft guy. It was the combine that got me started on my career path!
          as for the topic at hand, if I ignore the fact that I like the BPA approach to the draft, an ideal way to approach the draft for me based on depth at certain positions and value of the position they play would look something like this.
          Round 1: Herbert, Eason or Love. Philip Rivers is one of my all time favorite athletes, but the guy could have a all pro OL in front of him and he’d still be hard to block for. He’s gonna make a OL worse then it is, despite all of his great qualities. One of the 3 QB’s I mentioned should be the future. All 3 have different abilities and backstories but it’s time to find the future QB. I did a more in depth post on them in the Rank the QB’s forum.

Round 2: Finding a WR3. This is the sweet spot for round 1 talents to fall to and WR is the most likely to be the one. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe from a WR standpoint the 3rd best was Andre Patton who had under a 100 yards on the SEASON... now as for prospects I would not expect, but HOPE that one of these guys are left
          Brandon Aiyuk, Jalen Raegor, or Laviska Shenault.
          I chose vertical threats because that’s really the key element we are missing at WR.

Round 3: A OL. I’m expecting the OT situation to solve itself in free agency since TT actually has some money. The most he’s ever had actually. It would be a dream come true to land one of Solomon Kindly, Jonah Jackson, Netane Muti, Shane Lemiux, Ben Bartch. They are among my favorites at the OL spot not counting 1st round talents.

Again I prefer the BPA approach instead of drafting for needs, since a few injuries or players regressing and you have a whole new set of needs anyways.

Comment

• DerekReed98
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            doin' a little deeper research (intangibles wise 'specially), and considering needs more so than not....

1) RT Tristan Wirfs
            2) LT Prince Tega Wanogho
            3) NT Leki Fotu

where does WR Van Jefferson go off the board ??
            Wirfs is my OT4 tbh. So many technical problems.
            prince has only been playing football for a few years and is super raw, gonna go a lot later then people think. Both are are very talented tho.
            My prediction for van Jefferson would be round 4.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

DR98 welcome to TPB and great posting !

I like the playmakers you mention.
              It is easy to additionally see them running
              jet sweeps and playing the WingBack role.

Question on Olinemen.
              I wonder if Wirfs, the others you mention, or any players of this type are Campen fits.

We will be blocking for QBs quite different from Aaron Rodgers.

Example, one thing that caught my eye is that the comp for Hennessey is Corey Linsley, and Hennessey is lacking in sand in pants, albeit good at pass pro.
              You don't know ball

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerekReed98 View Post
                Hello everyone new here, but have always been a draft guy. It was the combine that got me started on my career path!
                as for the topic at hand, if I ignore the fact that I like the BPA approach to the draft, an ideal way to approach the draft for me based on depth at certain positions and value of the position they play would look something like this.
                Round 1: Herbert, Eason or Love. Philip Rivers is one of my all time favorite athletes, but the guy could have a all pro OL in front of him and he’d still be hard to block for. He’s gonna make a OL worse then it is, despite all of his great qualities. One of the 3 QB’s I mentioned should be the future. All 3 have different abilities and backstories but it’s time to find the future QB. I did a more in depth post on them in the Rank the QB’s forum.

Round 2: Finding a WR3. This is the sweet spot for round 1 talents to fall to and WR is the most likely to be the one. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe from a WR standpoint the 3rd best was Andre Patton who had under a 100 yards on the SEASON... now as for prospects I would not expect, but HOPE that one of these guys are left
                Brandon Aiyuk, Jalen Raegor, or Laviska Shenault.
                I chose vertical threats because that’s really the key element we are missing at WR.

Round 3: A OL. I’m expecting the OT situation to solve itself in free agency since TT actually has some money. The most he’s ever had actually. It would be a dream come true to land one of Solomon Kindly, Jonah Jackson, Netane Muti, Shane Lemiux, Ben Bartch. They are among my favorites at the OL spot not counting 1st round talents.

Again I prefer the BPA approach instead of drafting for needs, since a few injuries or players regressing and you have a whole new set of needs anyways.
                Welcome! Good takes.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Welcome! Good takes.
                  This place is the best.
                  You don't know ball

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerekReed98 View Post

Wirfs is my OT4 tbh. So many technical problems.
                    prince has only been playing football for a few years and is super raw, gonna go a lot later then people think. Both are are very talented tho.
                    My prediction for van Jefferson would be round 4.
                    the DR is in the house.... thanx for the input/feedback,

Wills scares the hell outta me, given our history w/Fluker and that he's more a run blocking RT than pass pro LT.

Becton could be a decent get for someone, as he seems more Ravens/Steelers material to me.

my head says draft Andrew Thomas, albeit my heart is more in alignment w/the likes of Wirfs or Derrick Brown.

and think the Prince fits well w/Campen and have a hard time seeing him available @71, albeit again this is a guy that @one juncture was not remiss to slot Feeney @10 overa!!

and still like Fotu, albeit atm am leaning Cesar Ruiz @71, and which leaves Jefferson slotted in the fifth to us after all the aforementioned ??

also like Aaron Fuller in the seventh @SR.
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• DerekReed98
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      DR98 welcome to TPB and great posting !

I like the playmakers you mention.
                      It is easy to additionally see them running
                      jet sweeps and playing the WingBack role.

Question on Olinemen.
                      I wonder if Wirfs, the others you mention, or any players of this type are Campen fits.

We will be blocking for QBs quite different from Aaron Rodgers.

Example, one thing that caught my eye is that the comp for Hennessey is Corey Linsley, and Hennessey is lacking in sand in pants, albeit good at pass pro.
                      I’ve noticed Chargers like OL that have balanced abilities in both the run and pass pro. For example Jonah Jackson would be a TT type guy. Camper is a high quality coach and I expect the OL to perform way better next year. It will help having a QB who can move a little as well.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Well beach, Wills does not give up sacks.

And I project him to OLT eventually.

Does not matter.

We will draft the 6'4" 238# "Strong Safety."

And Shane Steichen runs the TB12 friendly Erhard-Perkins offense.

Details to follow.

:coffee:
                        You don't know ball

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

ps. think the sweet spot for RBs is @37, and.... prefer to wait on drafting our third 'n fourth string wideouts 'til day three.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍