Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerekReed98 View Post
    CeeDee Lamb is definitely one of the 6 best players in the draft. BPA is the best option, unless you are selecting a QB. I do agree that there will probably be a guy who falls to the 2nd that would be more of a steal.
    With the depth at WR, I can’t see spending anything before a late 3rd and grab multiple guys day 3. There will be talent that would normally go day 2 at WR probably through round 5 but definitely round 4.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Definitely wait until 4th for a WR( or if we get a supplemental in the 3rd)
      Trenches need filling.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerekReed98 View Post

The majority of people have got wills as the best pass blocking OT in the draft. He was only on the right side because Tua is left handed. His pass pro is beautiful.
        Becton has the most potential of all the OT’s in the entire draft. Some of the head draft guys have him at 4 to the giants even before everyone else jumped on the hype train.
        Thomas has the most balanced play of all the OT’s. They are pretty much 1-3 in any order you want to me.
        Then you have wirfs who is a absolute FREAK physically. His combine will put him into the conversation for OT1 but he needs a lot of technique work.
        does not matter tho because we will be getting none of them. I would think there’s like a 90% chance a QB is taken at 6.
        cesar Ruiz is getting late round 1 discussion. I believe he was in the 30’s on DJ’s draft board.
        As for Fotu we can get him pretty late probably. Run stuffing DT’s who don’t project well as pass rushers usually go day 3. Heck Poona ford went undrafted.
        Not a big prince fan as he’s not a very good Lineman at this point. A major project. Wouldn’t mind him in the 4th or lower tho.
        WR wise We have a nice spot in the 2nd round where a 1st round talent at WR should fall too. Would be fun to grab one. Especially Jalen Raegor. I would do anything to get Jalen lol.
        from what I've gleaned, Wills' pass pro is workmanlike and anything but a thing of beauty ?? and no thank you on "potential" @6 overall. Thomas is (well) ahead of both those guys in my book.

and QB @6 would be a mistake by my take.... are you dead certain that one of the QBs is a ten year legendary Charger QB of the future ?? would still take Stidham day three last year or Mariota in FA this year instead.

Ruiz is a third round talent @best, if he goes earlier so be it, and if Fotu is there day three, all the better, @least by my take.

and def something eye like 'bout Prince, and do think he matches up well w/Campen.... that GBay all star went fourth round to them.

and if a first round talent falls to us @37, am hoping his name is D'Andre Swift.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Big decision coming.
          MW fifth year option.
          Lamb is elite.
          Question...who gets "touches" ?
          think OT takes priority, albeit don't think Lamb has much of a chance to bust/disappoint, which is my first criteria when evaluating a prospect, 'specially @6 overall.

you know how eye feel 'bout MW.... adding Lamb to the mix would prolly be masterful/a stroke of genius.... (too bad we are w/o PR).
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltsfan70
            East Coast Chargers Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
            • Send PM

Option 1
            Bectan
            Dobbins
            Hamler

Comment

• Boltsfan70
              East Coast Chargers Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
              • Send PM

Option 2
              simmons
              dobbins
              matt peart uconn

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Simmons
                Hurts
                Traded for Trent Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

there are some names that scare me a bit....

1) Tua/Herbert * their risk factor is too great for me in comparison to the much safer gambit w/two of the four OTs
                  1) Simmons * we didn't do it w/Derwin and Joey, and now we want to add yet another WILinebacker on top of Jatavis, Kyzir and Drue.... unnecessary skill position surfeit/largesse
                  1) Wills/Becton * more risk at a position where the reward can be substantial (see Thomas/Wirfs)

2) Austin Jackson/Ezra Cleveland * don't see either of these guys as the complete pkg, and don't believe the either of 'em hold a candle to the likes of Ruiz or Swift
                  2) Niang/Cushenberry * lotta questions 'bout parts of their game, as think they are more round three talents

3) Cam Akers/Claypool * tempting talents, that hopefully will be outflanked by dropping talents that are too good to pass come round three, i.e. Jaylon Johnson, Okwara, Aiyuk, Wanogho
                  3) Dantzler * didn't get it done @the combine and think he's a day three talent/get
                  3) Hurts * would be a great story, just not sold that the risk factor is worthwhile, albeit his production and intangibles say yes, absolutely....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Isaiah Simmons--D'Andre Swift--KJ Hamler.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Isaiah Simmons--D'Andre Swift--KJ Hamler.
                      That's a lot of speed, Woody!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That's a lot of speed, Woody!
                        It is a dream.
                        Could Hamler drop because of size ?
                        Several hits for me on your mock, Boltnut.
                        You snag good pieces at PON.
                        Gordon realizes he HAS to get bigger, but I like the arm talent and competitive nature.
                        I will study Galeai more.
                        Intelligent, well thought out mock.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

It is a dream.
                          Could Hamler drop because of size ?
                          Several hits for me on your mock, Boltnut.
                          You snag good pieces at PON.
                          Gordon realizes he HAS to get bigger, but I like the arm talent and competitive nature.
                          I will study Galeai more.
                          Intelligent, well thought out mock.
                          I have Hamler as a day 3 prospect.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...