• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

? Plenty of explosion there.
      Absolutely wood. Size, durability, scheme fit, and he can’t block are my concerns. Lots of twitched up guys this year.
      Ill take a Claypool/Davis/Pittman Jr. in round 3.

Some day 3 WR speed guys I like (some will have to be UDFAs).........
      Gibson, Watkins, Wilkerson, Reed, Hightower, Patmon, Pearson, Guidry, T. Cleveland, Mooney, Coulter

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is a dream.
        Could Hamler drop because of size ?
        Several hits for me on your mock, Boltnut.
        You snag good pieces at PON.
        Gordon realizes he HAS to get bigger, but I like the arm talent and competitive nature.
        I will study Galeai more.
        Intelligent, well thought out mock.
        Thanks brother! You know you influenced my eventual mocking of Hamler. You and I have talked about speed over the top numerous times... it opens everything underneath for others. Very hard to defend once you've spread a defense vertically. I kept hoping that Benjamin would do that for KA, MW, HH. Problem was we couldn't block long enough to go deep. Hence my picking of Andrew Thomas in the 1st round over Simmons.

And has anyone seen Hamler on quick hit slants across the middle...? He's so dangerous! He'll turn a 7-yard catch into a 80-yard catch. Here's the thing... I don't think he'll be there in the 3rd. I read an article that Green Bay is considering him in the 1st. And what about KC...? They'd jump on him in the late 2nd for sure... maybe even the 1st.

You and I were both taken by Akeem Davis-Gaither several months ago. He's finally on draft-niks radar. Davis, Phillips, and Brown all gone... WILL will be a definite PON. Kyzir's sophmore slump worries me. If Kenneth Murray were available in the 2nd... I'd probably take him over Hamler. Willie Gay Jr. is another WILL to consider in 3rd or 4th. Timed well, plays fast.

Gordon will get bigger in an NFL strength/conditioning program. #1 in FBS accuracy within 10 yards... better than even Burrows. I think Gordon>Minchew... and I liked Minchew! A strong run game + Gordon to Hamler on quick hitters and bubble screens...? Oh, and don't forget about KA, MW, and HH... Holy crap! Lot's of fire power. This offense doesn't need to waste #6 on Herbert. Is Herbert good...? Yes. Is he #6 though...? Andrew Thomas makes an immediate impact on this offense. The offense needs more than Pipkins or any of the inferior OT's you'll find in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Haven't we learned our lesson...?

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

Ok I’ll have a go.
          1. Isaiah Simmons
          2. Jalen Hurts
          3. Cam Akers

Comment

• RageTheory
            Gilbride Era Survivor
            • Apr 2020
            • Tulsa, OK
            • Send PM

A bit of a prelude.. due to pandemic-related restrictions I wager this draft will be overwhelmingly populated by "safe" picks from all teams, in particular the Chargers. Tua will be someone's "risky" pick in the first 10 picks, and only that because Trent Dilfer has gone on every NFL/sports show short of the Westminster Kennel Club Recap show hyping him. I fully expect Okudah, Simmons, and possibly CJ Henderson to all go early (with at least two of them top 5, although I hope I am wrong). From picks 16-64 I expect a lot of OL to be drafted.

1. T. Wirfs OT/G Iowa -Depending upon how quickly he gets into camp, could see Wirfs starting the season at LG or LT. Love the wrestling background and overall attitude.
            2. T.Higgins WR Clemson -Cesar Ruiz will NOT make it past the Chiefs. Do not see any of the top tier RB (Swift/Taylor/Dobbins) making it down this far, and like Higgins more than the most mentioned of the second tier WR (Hamler/Reagor). My favorite talent? Higgins catches the ball away from his body every. single. TIME.
            3. C. Edwards-Helaire RB LSU -Undersized but is a great receiver out of the backfield, Reminds me of Sproles just not as quick.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RageTheory View Post
              A bit of a prelude.. due to pandemic-related restrictions I wager this draft will be overwhelmingly populated by "safe" picks from all teams, in particular the Chargers. Tua will be someone's "risky" pick in the first 10 picks, and only that because Trent Dilfer has gone on every NFL/sports show short of the Westminster Kennel Club Recap show hyping him. I fully expect Okudah, Simmons, and possibly CJ Henderson to all go early (with at least two of them top 5, although I hope I am wrong). From picks 16-64 I expect a lot of OL to be drafted.

1. T. Wirfs OT/G Iowa -Depending upon how quickly he gets into camp, could see Wirfs starting the season at LG or LT. Love the wrestling background and overall attitude.
              2. T.Higgins WR Clemson -Cesar Ruiz will NOT make it past the Chiefs. Do not see any of the top tier RB (Swift/Taylor/Dobbins) making it down this far, and like Higgins more than the most mentioned of the second tier WR (Hamler/Reagor). My favorite talent? Higgins catches the ball away from his body every. single. TIME.
              3. C. Edwards-Helaire RB LSU -Undersized but is a great receiver out of the backfield, Reminds me of Sproles just not as quick.
              Astute picks Rage! You and I see eye to eye on rounds 1 an 2 (need for OT and WR)... though we choose different players. I agree we need RB too. Do you think we go after a LB? When and who? BTW... welcome! We can always benefit from new opinions!

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RageTheory View Post

CJ Henderson bothers me for some reason.... wary of his intangibles/mindset.... don't think he's a solid.... wouldn't take him in first, or prolly @all actually.

do think Ruiz makes it past the Chiefs (Jonathan Taylor maybe ?), albeit and unfortunately doubtful he makes it to 37 nonetheless.... (ditto for Tee Higgins as well)

would also volunteer that the both of Swift and/or Dobbins will be there @37.... if so, do you have a preference ??

and you don't think that AL is gonna have issue w/Helaire's pass pro.... not to mention he's more Ekeleresque than not, no ??
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• RageTheory
                  Gilbride Era Survivor
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Tulsa, OK
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

would also volunteer that the both of Swift and/or Dobbins will be there @37.... if so, do you have a preference ??

and you don't think that AL is gonna have issue w/Helaire's pass pro.... not to mention he's more Ekeleresque than not, no ??
                  both have issues that worry me.. Swift has a ball security issue (do NOT want Ryan Matthews 2.0) and Dobbins put in a lot of carries in college. Of the two, I would go with Swift based upon speed, but do not think either is a good value at 37.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I just did another mock and here is what the first 3 rounds bore out.

1. Isiah Simmons - No explanation necessary

2. Deandre Swift - He was there at 37 and the value was too much to pass on. Eckler, Jackson AND Swift?? We would have one hell of a running game.

3. Matthew Peart - I like this kid and at 71 a tackle is a fine addition. More OL cannot be a wrong direction.

I would take this come Friday night in a heartbeat. Hell yes I would..........

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      I just did another mock and here is what the first 3 rounds bore out.

1. Isiah Simmons - No explanation necessary

2. Deandre Swift - He was there at 37 and the value was too much to pass on. Eckler, Jackson AND Swift?? We would have one hell of a running game.

3. Matthew Peart - I like this kid and at 71 a tackle is a fine addition. More OL cannot be a wrong direction.

I would take this come Friday night in a heartbeat. Hell yes I would..........
                      Matt Peart is the real deal. Played both ORT/OLT. Big, strong, incredible length, and good not great feet. His mechanics are solid but will need work with his hands and additional strength development.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂