• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

RT Tristan Wirfs
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      RT Tristan Wirfs
      Fuck no. My disgust probably would cost me another 75” TV.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Fuck no. My disgust probably would cost me another 75” TV.
        hah.... dug a little deeper and like him better than Thomas, and no contest between him and the likes of Jedrick 'n Becton.

will carry on, as there is still deeper research to be done.... dude just flat out gets it done.

run blocker whose star is ascending as a pass blocker.... in disgust we trust !!

ps. am an intangibles guy, and like what he's about/where he's coming from.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

ps. Ninj…. don't think you've got to worry much 'bout him/Wirfs getting drafted (by the Bolts) as think Pip is more a righty than lefty, and we've still got Tevi w/our "intact" Oline,

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

ps. Ninj…. don't think you've got to worry much 'bout him/Wirfs getting drafted (by the Bolts) as think Pip is more a righty than lefty, and we've still got Tevi w/our "intact" Oline,
            Now I'm disgusted.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

hah.... dug a little deeper and like him better than Thomas, and no contest between him and the likes of Jedrick 'n Becton.

will carry on, as there is still deeper research to be done.... dude just flat out gets it done.

run blocker whose star is ascending as a pass blocker.... in disgust we trust !!

ps. am an intangibles guy, and like what he's about/where he's coming from.
              I actually liked Wirfs early on in the process...he might end up being a better RT than Thomas is a LT...but the fact that Thomas can play LT, probably well, is what gives him more value. In the end, I liked both of them at 6, before we canned Rivers...now I think we will be doing things a bit differently.
              The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I actually liked Wirfs early on in the process...he might end up being a better RT than Thomas is a LT...but the fact that Thomas can play LT, probably well, is what gives him more value. In the end, I liked both of them at 6, before we canned Rivers...now I think we will be doing things a bit differently.
                what is "differently" ??

do think Thomas should be off the board by 6, albeit that is def not consensus.

personally speaking Wills would be a nightmare, and dually so.... on the heels of DJ and by passing on Derrick (flashback to Star)

do think Becton is going to show good and well enough for himself in the NFL, albeit again personally much prefer what Wirfs brings to the table intangibles wise, and not to mention thinkin' he'll likely be an All Pro/Bowler as well.

don't see a QB worth selecting, and after that the common thought is that LTs are the next hardest thing to nail down, unless your name is Lane Johnson.

think tackle makes the most sense @6 ??

if we go QB, thinkin' Fromm is the only value pick if he somehow makes it out of the first and down to 37 (think he goes later in the first)

Hurts is tempting given his production and AL's proclivity toward what he brings to the table, and.... do think he's too risky of a proposition.

is Love a Mahomes 2.0/lite ?? or more likely a bust/disappointment....

Eason is obviously a risk, and like the other QBs, would strictly be a need pick and ill advised.

there are way too many ?s 'round Herbert, and the (chronology of) health concerns w/Tua is an absolute sunken cost waiting to happen

Simmons is tempting, albeit WILinebackers are not exactly just/only found @the top of the draft, and not to mention we've got @least a coupla few on the roster right now

do like Derrick Brown, albeit he has some mixed reviews, and not sure he makes so much sense for us post Phil ??

Okudah is another guy that would of course be nice to have, 'cept personally like Fulton better, and again not sure a CB holds a candle position value wise to an LT ??

AT should be off the board me thinx, albeit if he is there @6, he does make a lotta sense.

if not, and yet again personally, just think Wirfs is more the Charger that eye have in mind than Becton, and would roll w/that rather than a straight empirical evaluation, as....

intelligence without intuition is.... dangerous, and....

personally am somehow wary of Jeudy and his Alabama pedigree, albeit do like Lamb, yet again just get a better sense from Wirfs re: his intangibles, than w/Lamb and others for that matter.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

beach, what do mean by intangibles?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

what is "differently" ??
                    I think had they stuck with Rivers, they may well have had to invest early in oline...but I don't believe this FO values picking oline high, typically, and I believe our coach thinks a mobile QB solves a lot of our young, developing lines problems. I think early in the draft, you will see us targeting stars and skill players, and any addressing of the oline will probably happen in FA and mid to late rounds...just my prediction.

The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I think had they stuck with Rivers, they may well have had to invest early in oline...but I don't believe this FO values picking oline high, typically, and I believe our coach thinks a mobile QB solves a lot of our young, developing lines problems. I think early in the draft, you will see us targeting stars and skill players, and any addressing of the oline will probably happen in FA and mid to late rounds...just my prediction.
                      I think I agree with this. Which is another reason I don't think we draft Herbert, but could possibly trade up for Tua. & I don't know that I want that either. I know he's been cleared medically, but he has injury history. What do you think is going to happen when everyone he plays against is bigger, faster, stronger & you want him to be a mobile QB?

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • West Yellowstone, Montana
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

My cluster for #6 is:

IDL Derrick Brown
                        CB Okudah
                        LB/S Isaiah Simmions
                        OT Jedrick Wills

At least 2 and more likely 3 will be available at 6. Maybe all 4 if someone moves up to take a QB.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

No Andrew Thomas?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰