Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
    Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will headline.
    Jamie Newman, JT Daniels
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Jamie Newman, JT Daniels
      Daniels? I would not be surprised if Slovis keeps that job...his 2019 numbers put Daniel's 2018 statline to shame...but I wish the kid luck...he has balls to stick around and try to win his old job back in the face of Slovis's very nice first year...

I have my eye on Florida's Kyle Trask...if he improves on this years surprising campaign, he could be a dark horse top ten worthy prospect.
      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
      23. A. Mitchell WR
      37. K. Jenkins DT
      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Daniels? I would not be surprised if Slovis keeps that job...his 2019 numbers put Daniel's 2018 statline to shame...but I wish the kid luck...he has balls to stick around and try to win his old job back in the face of Slovis's very nice first year...

I have my eye on Florida's Kyle Trask...if he improves on this years surprising campaign, he could be a dark horse top ten worthy prospect.
        Yep. I think he will win the job.

I think Trask has a ton of upside and ideal physical stature but arm talent, football IQ, processing, and why so long are big questions. My dark horse is Brock Purdy (ISU) who won’t declare. Lol
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Yep. I think he will win the job.

I think Trask has a ton of upside and ideal physical stature but arm talent, football IQ, processing, and why so long are big questions. My dark horse is Brock Purdy (ISU) who won’t declare. Lol
          Yea...I would guess you read the story on him, but if not, check it out. Even if simple bad luck, being behind talent in high school and college, was the reason it has taken so long for him to break out...why didn't he Alpha-up and transfer to where he could be top dog? Maybe he was a late bloomer, with regards to that mentality....or is he lacking in that? Winners want the ball when the game is on the line...winners want to start...

But maybe he really is just a late bloomer, or team first, rah rah kinda guy...as for the rest, he gets another year to step it up some, and show us what he has.

Actually, I don't even think I'll be paying attention. Gut tells me we pull the trigger on QB this year...low hanging fruit, I know...but sometimes the obvious course is the course you take...

But who knows? If not...well, this is the first year I have actually watched a ton of non-highlight film on prospects...it's been kinda fun. If we don't pick one this year, at least I will have something to do again next offseason!

11. Q. Mitchell CB
          23. A. Mitchell WR
          37. K. Jenkins DT
          253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• DerekReed98
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2020
            • Send PM

I personally don’t like to rank them but instead put them into groups.
            G1
            Burrow, Tua.
            These 2 come with question marks like Burrows one year wonder and obviously Tua has major injury history. But the on field abilities can’t be denied.
            G2
            Herbert, Eason, Love.
            Herbert has a nice combination of size, arm strength and athleticism. I believe Oregon’s scheme actually slowed his development and he should grow considerably when put around a more normal style offense. A Academic All American he’s obviously a smart kid and worth betting on.

Eason May very well have the nicest throwing ability in this draft along with ideal size. He can really sling it. His biggest issues I believe comes from his inexperience as he struggles with pressure and is slow on his reads which can cause him to make some really bad throws. He’s still getting a feel for the game. Which I believe will come with time. Not a very athletic guy either tbh.

Love Has the ideal physical build and arm, but comes with the biggest question marks. Who is he? Some will say he can’t succeed because his latest year was bad where he had to many turnovers. But he lost his top 2 WR, his RB, his entire line and his head coach. Can you really blame him for not being as good as his previous year when he had more turnover then basically every QB ever. Also you can’t just sweep his previous year where he was making plays and SAFE with the football under the rug. He has the tools, but also needs the right situation.

So those are my top QB’s, I would not mind drafting whoever they believe their guy is. Just hope they make sure the one they truly want is the one that gets picked.

Comment

• DerekReed98
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
              Here is Mine:
              1. Burrow (no chance for the chargers)
              2. Tua (I'd take him with #6)
              3. Herbert (I'd take him with #6, but it's a gamble and I know that... if we could trade down and add a pick, and still get Love or Eason, I'd be fine with it)
              4. Jordan Love (this is assuming they would trade down... OR trade back into the late 1st)
              5. Jacob Eason (2nd round)
              6. Jalen Hurts (3rd round)
              7. Jake Fromm (4th round)
              I personally don’t like to rank them but instead put them into groups.
              G1
              Burrow, Tua.
              These 2 come with question marks like Burrows one year wonder and obviously Tua has major injury history. But the on field abilities can’t be denied.
              G2
              Herbert, Eason, Love.
              Herbert has a nice combination of size, arm strength and athleticism. I believe Oregon’s scheme actually slowed his development and he should grow considerably when put around a more normal style offense. A Academic All American he’s obviously a smart kid and worth betting on.

Eason May very well have the nicest throwing ability in this draft along with ideal size. He can really sling it. His biggest issues I believe comes from his inexperience as he struggles with pressure and is slow on his reads which can cause him to make some really bad throws. He’s still getting a feel for the game. Which I believe will come with time. Not a very athletic guy either tbh.

Love Has the ideal physical build and arm, but comes with the biggest question marks. Who is he? Some will say he can’t succeed because his latest year was bad where he had to many turnovers. But he lost his top 2 WR, his RB, his entire line and his head coach. Can you really blame him for not being as good as his previous year when he had more turnover then basically every QB ever. Also you can’t just sweep his previous year where he was making plays and SAFE with the football under the rug. He has the tools, but also needs the right situation.

So those are my top QB’s, I would not mind drafting whoever they believe their guy is. Just hope they make sure the one they truly want is the one that gets picked.
              + More Options
              • Like0

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

1) Burrow * don't think he is gonna be as all world as plenty of folks here make him out to be.... a solid.
                2) Jake Fromm * one of the cardinal rules in the draft is not to bust.... this guy is another solid.
                3) Eason * think he's coming out a year early and has some risk to him, and.... would put the odds in his favor
                4) Anthony Gordon * could be a developmental guy/backup save the day kinda guy, and like his odds as well

5) Jordan Love * would be nice if this guy could pull it off and do think he is a candidate for us round one
                6) Jalen Hurs * think he's a competitor/goes to battle for you, just not sure he's gonna get over the hump, and not to mention he is the proverbial running QB, a species that has yet to survive the rigeurs of the League
                7) Herbert * checks a lotta boxes, 'cept the one under pressure.... don't think his team is gonna crack the top half of the standings
                8) Tua * way to much of an injury risk to even consider (give me Mariota instead
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

My post combine rankings....

1. Joe Burrow- Not as high as some on this kid...not the best tools in the draft. But they are good tools, he has good size...and on the biggest stage there is, outside of the NFL itself, he flat out got it done, one year or not. He earned the spot, so I am giving it to him. Conclusion: Won't be available

2. Tua Tagovailoa- Tua is so good at what he does well....and there is a lot he does well....that many overlook some really key areas. Like size, durability, and true long ball talent. Still, he has earned his spot on this list as well. I really don't like him for the Chargers, but if this guy was in reach for us? We would almost certainly take him into the new stadium/era with us, and I can't say I would be disappointed...just worried and anxious every time I saw him take a hit. Conclusion: Probably won't be available, but makes too much sense not to draft if he is.

3. Justin Herbert- This prospect bothered me, because despite the raw talent he had, which was talked about for 3 seasons, he never really broke out like anticipated. The film isn't as great as the stats. However, after showcasing some wheels in the Rose Bowl, and winning both practice and game MVP at the Senior Bowl...and now with a really nice combine...as I said in another thread, the clay you have to work with is just too good to pass up. Also...I like what I see in the interviews...it's not the most important thing, but I like the kid...he is someone I would like to root for as a Charger. Conclusion: Possibly available, and would definitely draft at #6.

4. Jalen Hurts- Like his combine performance. Wheels and arm top notch. Great playaker. Needs work from the pocket, progressing thru reads before running, per watching film, but he really fits Lynn IMO...not saying I have the inside track on what Lynn wants in a QB, just speculation. If we roll with Tyrod, it might be a really good situation for all involved, to scoop him up in the second. Conclusion: Draft second round

5. Jordan Love-Added this on edit, see eval below, would draft in second round maybe, but boom or bust prospect IMO

6. Jacob Eason- Still think he has the best arm overall in the draft, both power and touch. I wish he had another year of film to watch...not as mobile as I would like, but not a statue. Conclusion: Not sure he fits Lynn, but I would draft him second round. Conclusion: Draftable in second round

7. Jake Fromm- I think this guy has got great character, and is a great football player...but may be limited by his physical gifts both athletically and arm wise...I think in the right system, he could be really good in the NFL...but that's not us, I don't believe. Conclusion: Not a fit, do not draft

What about Jordan Love? Still evaluating, will insert him in near future, but I gotta go to work! LOL...
                  Last edited by Lone Bolt; 02-28-2020, 04:06 PM.

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                  23. A. Mitchell WR
                  37. K. Jenkins DT
                  253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

If I just rank them by wins above avg analysis.
                    1.Burrow
                    2.Hurts
                    3.Fromm
                    4.Tua
                    5.Herbert
                    6.Eason
                    7.Love

If I'm ranking how they will do in NFL
                    1.Burrow
                    2.Tua (if remain healthy)
                    3.Love
                    4.Herbert
                    5.Hurts
                    6.Fromm
                    7.Eason

Part of their success will be the team they go to
                    Bengals
                    Dolphins
                    Chargers
                    Colts
                    Raiders
                    Jaguars
                    Buccaneers
                    Patriots
                    Titans

I rank Love higher because his 2018 season showed what he can do when he has chemistry.
                    The 2019 Utah St team returned only 1 starter to offense beside Love. And the coaching staff was brand new. So...i think he just was not comfortable. And the stats say the pressure and throwing windows for him were awful in 2019. He should sit a year and learn. and when he does play, he will make some poor throws as he develops but he has all the tools to be great.

Fromm is interesting. He ranks high throwing into tight windows which is great, but then he ranks low throwing to open windows, so its like he can make a lot of clutch passes but misses a few too many easy passes. What gives?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Herbert ran a 4.68 40!
                      Hell, if he fails as a QB, he can move to TE!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Ok....follow up to my post combine rankings on QBs from above, where I left out Jordan Love. I also almost left out Tua and Burrows...just feel they will be unavailable. To me, Love is the same...but because I would be completely unwilling to draft him at #6, or probably anywhere but late first round...but he will go earlier, and we pick at #6. In other words, he doesn't really fall where we would pick him. But I'll speak on him...by comparing him to Herbert.

Herbert left questions on the field, but strong post season, and wonderful tools to work with led me to compare him to clay that was too good to not try and mold into something special...or something along those lines....to be fair, this is somewhat true for Love as well....there is a lot to like there as far as size, athleticism, arm, etc....so what is the difference?

Herbert's questions involve him not taking over games, or making flashy plays. He played more conservative, smarter, than people would have liked. They wanted to see him ball out, and he disappointed by doing only what he was asked to do, and took care of the football. So, he didn't evolve his passing game the way pundits thought he would...and that is considered a knock.

Love, on the other hand, showed more flare...more playmaking tendencies, and took more chances downfield...which sometimes payed off nicely. But when faced with a season with a less talented team, when he faced adversity....instead of playing smart, he made a lot of bad decisions.

To me there is no comparison...I would rather take the prospect who played a little too conservative, and stayed inside the box...but who obviously has the talent to do more, than the prospect who kept making bad decision after bad decision, instead of taking care of the football. In other words, I like the raw materials Herbert has over Love.

I honestly don't know how anyone on this forum, and even some pundits, project Love to possibly be the better pro. Herbert has the better arm, looked better throwing at both Senior Bowl week and the combine, out tested Love athletically, and spent his career putting up great numbers against superior competition. Also interviews better, and by all accounts is highly intelligent.

I am not as down on Love as I was...I'm not gonna condemn him for that bad season...but I wouldn't spend a 6 on him, no way...nor do I believe he will be the better pro. Conclusion: Draftable in the second, where he won't be.

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                        23. A. Mitchell WR
                        37. K. Jenkins DT
                        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• alex8080
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Jamie Newman, JT Daniels
                          The real intriguing qb will be Costello. A year with leach after Stanford

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍