Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Here is Mine:
    1. Burrow (no chance for the chargers)
    2. Tua (I'd take him with #6)
    3. Herbert (I'd take him with #6, but it's a gamble and I know that... if we could trade down and add a pick, and still get Love or Eason, I'd be fine with it)
    4. Jordan Love (this is assuming they would trade down... OR trade back into the late 1st)
    5. Jacob Eason (2nd round)
    6. Jalen Hurts (3rd round)
    7. Jake Fromm (4th round)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
      Picture snip from CBS Sports draft rankingQB Rankings.PNG
      Funny...I was just saying in another thread that after watching a few games of both Herbert and Eason in action, Eason looked like the better passer...I also think that if he proceeds through the process well...good workouts, chalk sessions, and interviews...he is gonna rocket up boards.

Jordan Love? I don't get it...there are plenty of college guys with his measureables that know how to be shitty QBs...why does this guy get a pass, throwing all those picks? The pundits like him, can't figure out why. He is the next Jameis Winston...no thanks.

1. Burrow
      2. Tua
      3. Eason
      4. Herbert
      5. Fromm
      6. Hurts

Edit: Watched more game film. I like Eason better than Herbert. It's like what has been said on this forum...ton of screens, bubble screens, and slants that bust out for big yardage....his yard stats are padded. Watch games by Herbert and Eason side by side...you are gonna see way more pro throws by Eason.

Neither one of these guys should be starting in the NFL next year...but I really am coming to like Eason and his upside.
      Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-12-2020, 06:19 PM.
      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
      23. A. Mitchell WR
      37. K. Jenkins DT
      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

1. tua
        2. eason
        3. burrow
        4. herbert
        5. fromm
        6. hurts

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
          Here is Mine:
          1. Burrow (no chance for the chargers)
          2. Tua (I'd take him with #6)
          3. Herbert (I'd take him with #6, but it's a gamble and I know that... if we could trade down and add a pick, and still get Love or Eason, I'd be fine with it)
          4. Jordan Love (this is assuming they would trade down... OR trade back into the late 1st)
          5. Jacob Eason (2nd round)
          6. Jalen Hurts (3rd round)
          7. Jake Fromm (4th round)
          I'd have Love in the 4th. Don't see the draw with him.
          I know some will be over drafted,happens every year
          However.......

1st Burrow
          1st Tua
          1st-2nd Eason
          2nd Herbert
          2nd-3rd Fromm
          3rd Hurts
          4th Love

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Just got done watching a bunch of film on Fromm. The comps to Brees are pretty accurate. His relative lack of arm strength shows every once in awhile....but he has a pro arm, definitely. He is a better passer than Herbert, which is why I have moved him up my list over the Oregon QB. I have also watched more film on Herbert...either he doesn't have it, or Oregon did a shitty job developing what the kid does have...I wouldn't mind taking him on raw talent alone...but not at six, and not before Eason or Fromm...no kidding.

More on Fromm...watching his 2018 SEC championship tape, kid looked awesome. So I understand why some pundits are frustrated or disappointed in his stat line this year, in particular his drop in completion %. Well, its true that his % went down to around 60, and his touchdowns also fell off...but after upping his attempts from 306 in 2018 to 380+ in 2019, you know what other stat dropped? Interceptions....6 in 18', 5 this year...with about 25% more pass attempts. I like the kids decision making...and his tendency, when faced with tight coverages, to put the ball where its extremely difficult for his receiver to catch...but impossible for the opponent to catch...what I call a tight throw away. Also...in watching 6 compressed games, I saw a ton of dropped passes, including TDs...did his drop off have anything to do with the talent around him? I think Eason's ceiling may be a bit higher with that arm talent, but this kid won the job from him at Georgia for a reason...solid decision making, hard work, football IQ...and while not the strongest among this years prospects, he still has plenty of arm strength for the pros...he really throws a nice ball.

In any event, I like Eason just a tad better, cuz I'm greedy for that arm talent....admit Fromm might be the safer pick...but I would love either one if they fell to us in the second. Here is my new list.

1. Burrow
            2. Tua
            3. Eason
            3. Fromm
            3. Herbert
            6. Hurts

Edit: Have since watched more film on Herbert, and saw a lot more to like...but why he is so inconsistent is a mystery. Also watched some more film on Fromm, and noticed some deep ball accuracy issues in a couple of games, and some ball security issues...just a couple of games. He seemed to slump the middle to late part of this season...don't know why.

In a nutshell, my personal favorite is Eason...most arm talent, and fewest college reps of the three...more room to grow? But I would pretty much lump all three of these guys together, they are so close, but each with their own strengths and weaknesses. I would not want to select anyone of these three at 6, knowing at least one of them will be there in the second, or within range of a trade up....but then again, if our staff falls in love with one of these guys, really believe they can groom them to be the next franchise guy, they are gonna want to pick them in the first, to get the fifth year. If it's Herbert, 6 would be the spot, sadly enough.

Lot to happen between now and the draft...too early to tell where some of these guys will go...
            Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-21-2020, 04:20 PM.
            Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
            (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
            23. A. Mitchell WR
            37. K. Jenkins DT
            69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
            110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
            181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
            253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Good post LB !
              You don't know ball

Comment

Here is my ranking order:

1. Herbert
                2. Burrow
                3. Eason
                4. Tagovailoa
                5. Love
                6. Fromm
                7. Hurts

I do not want the Chargers to select any of these players.

For other teams that may need a QB (unlike the Chargers who need to re-sign Rivers), I would not select any of these QBs in the first half of the first round, but I think that Herbert, Burrow, Eason and Tagovailoa are all legitimate NFL players with a chance to be a starting QB. I think Love, Fromm and Hurts are fringe of the roster reserve only type players in the NFL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Just got done watching a bunch of film on Fromm. The comps to Brees are pretty accurate. His relative lack of arm strength shows every once in awhile....but he has a pro arm, definitely. He is a better passer than Herbert, which is why I have moved him up my list over the Oregon QB. I have also watched more film on Herbert...either he doesn't have it, or Oregon did a shitty job developing what the kid does have...I wouldn't mind taking him on raw talent alone...but not at six, and not before Eason or Fromm...no kidding.

More on Fromm...watching his 2018 SEC championship tape, kid looked awesome. So I understand why some pundits are frustrated or disappointed in his stat line this year, in particular his drop in completion %. Well, its true that his % went down to around 60, and his touchdowns also fell off...but after upping his attempts from 306 in 2018 to 380+ in 2019, you know what other stat dropped? Interceptions....6 in 18', 5 this year...with about 25% more pass attempts. I like the kids decision making...and his tendency, when faced with tight coverages, to put the ball where its extremely difficult for his receiver to catch...but impossible for the opponent to catch...what I call a tight throw away. Also...in watching 6 compressed games, I saw a ton of dropped passes, including TDs...did his drop off have anything to do with the talent around him? I think Eason's ceiling may be a bit higher with that arm talent, but this kid won the job from him at Georgia for a reason...solid decision making, hard work, football IQ...and while not the strongest among this years prospects, he still has plenty of arm strength for the pros...he really throws a nice ball.

In any event, I like Eason just a tad better, cuz I'm greedy for that arm talent....admit Fromm might be the safer pick...but I would love either one if they fell to us in the second. Here is my new list.

1. Burrow
                  2. Tua
                  3. Eason
                  4. Fromm
                  5. Herbert
                  6. Hurts
                  I've put off watching Fromm for some time. What wasn't to like from his performance against Alabama in the National Championship game? Like Brees, i think he'll make it to the 2nd round - just looking at his height/weight/arm strength. Bree's accuracy is 2nd to none.....if Fromm approaches it, he'd be a steal at #37.

Hurts really, really annoyed me in the Baylor game. Like always, there are parts of the game where he just doesn't look capable of becoming a solid starting qb in the NFL.

I'd much rather take Fromm than Hurst...just based on his 2017 season. I think Eason goes the middle part of the first round (someone will trade up). Fromm just might be the guy, after getting a blue chipper at #6.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

just as a reminder/fyi.... Fromm was the No. 1 overall pick on some mocks before this last season commenced.
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

A bit ahead of myself but what does the 2021 QB draft look like?
                      There's just no way, with the current state of our OL, do I use the number 6 pick on a QB.
                      Quite a few players currently at the top of the draft board that could help us next season.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will headline.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍