Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DerekReed98
    replied
    I personally don’t like to rank them but instead put them into groups.
    G1
    Burrow, Tua.
    These 2 come with question marks like Burrows one year wonder and obviously Tua has major injury history. But the on field abilities can’t be denied.
    G2
    Herbert, Eason, Love.
    Herbert has a nice combination of size, arm strength and athleticism. I believe Oregon’s scheme actually slowed his development and he should grow considerably when put around a more normal style offense. A Academic All American he’s obviously a smart kid and worth betting on.

Eason May very well have the nicest throwing ability in this draft along with ideal size. He can really sling it. His biggest issues I believe comes from his inexperience as he struggles with pressure and is slow on his reads which can cause him to make some really bad throws. He’s still getting a feel for the game. Which I believe will come with time. Not a very athletic guy either tbh.

Love Has the ideal physical build and arm, but comes with the biggest question marks. Who is he? Some will say he can’t succeed because his latest year was bad where he had to many turnovers. But he lost his top 2 WR, his RB, his entire line and his head coach. Can you really blame him for not being as good as his previous year when he had more turnover then basically every QB ever. Also you can’t just sweep his previous year where he was making plays and SAFE with the football under the rug. He has the tools, but also needs the right situation.

So those are my top QB’s, I would not mind drafting whoever they believe their guy is. Just hope they make sure the one they truly want is the one that gets picked.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yep. I think he will win the job.

I think Trask has a ton of upside and ideal physical stature but arm talent, football IQ, processing, and why so long are big questions. My dark horse is Brock Purdy (ISU) who won’t declare. Lol
    Yea...I would guess you read the story on him, but if not, check it out. Even if simple bad luck, being behind talent in high school and college, was the reason it has taken so long for him to break out...why didn't he Alpha-up and transfer to where he could be top dog? Maybe he was a late bloomer, with regards to that mentality....or is he lacking in that? Winners want the ball when the game is on the line...winners want to start...

But maybe he really is just a late bloomer, or team first, rah rah kinda guy...as for the rest, he gets another year to step it up some, and show us what he has.

Actually, I don't even think I'll be paying attention. Gut tells me we pull the trigger on QB this year...low hanging fruit, I know...but sometimes the obvious course is the course you take...

But who knows? If not...well, this is the first year I have actually watched a ton of non-highlight film on prospects...it's been kinda fun. If we don't pick one this year, at least I will have something to do again next offseason!

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Daniels? I would not be surprised if Slovis keeps that job...his 2019 numbers put Daniel's 2018 statline to shame...but I wish the kid luck...he has balls to stick around and try to win his old job back in the face of Slovis's very nice first year...

I have my eye on Florida's Kyle Trask...if he improves on this years surprising campaign, he could be a dark horse top ten worthy prospect.
    Yep. I think he will win the job.

I think Trask has a ton of upside and ideal physical stature but arm talent, football IQ, processing, and why so long are big questions. My dark horse is Brock Purdy (ISU) who won’t declare. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Jamie Newman, JT Daniels
    Daniels? I would not be surprised if Slovis keeps that job...his 2019 numbers put Daniel's 2018 statline to shame...but I wish the kid luck...he has balls to stick around and try to win his old job back in the face of Slovis's very nice first year...

I have my eye on Florida's Kyle Trask...if he improves on this years surprising campaign, he could be a dark horse top ten worthy prospect.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
    Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will headline.
    Jamie Newman, JT Daniels

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will headline.

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    A bit ahead of myself but what does the 2021 QB draft look like?
    There's just no way, with the current state of our OL, do I use the number 6 pick on a QB.
    Quite a few players currently at the top of the draft board that could help us next season.

Leave a comment:

• beachcomber
    replied
    just as a reminder/fyi.... Fromm was the No. 1 overall pick on some mocks before this last season commenced.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Just got done watching a bunch of film on Fromm. The comps to Brees are pretty accurate. His relative lack of arm strength shows every once in awhile....but he has a pro arm, definitely. He is a better passer than Herbert, which is why I have moved him up my list over the Oregon QB. I have also watched more film on Herbert...either he doesn't have it, or Oregon did a shitty job developing what the kid does have...I wouldn't mind taking him on raw talent alone...but not at six, and not before Eason or Fromm...no kidding.

More on Fromm...watching his 2018 SEC championship tape, kid looked awesome. So I understand why some pundits are frustrated or disappointed in his stat line this year, in particular his drop in completion %. Well, its true that his % went down to around 60, and his touchdowns also fell off...but after upping his attempts from 306 in 2018 to 380+ in 2019, you know what other stat dropped? Interceptions....6 in 18', 5 this year...with about 25% more pass attempts. I like the kids decision making...and his tendency, when faced with tight coverages, to put the ball where its extremely difficult for his receiver to catch...but impossible for the opponent to catch...what I call a tight throw away. Also...in watching 6 compressed games, I saw a ton of dropped passes, including TDs...did his drop off have anything to do with the talent around him? I think Eason's ceiling may be a bit higher with that arm talent, but this kid won the job from him at Georgia for a reason...solid decision making, hard work, football IQ...and while not the strongest among this years prospects, he still has plenty of arm strength for the pros...he really throws a nice ball.

In any event, I like Eason just a tad better, cuz I'm greedy for that arm talent....admit Fromm might be the safer pick...but I would love either one if they fell to us in the second. Here is my new list.

1. Burrow
    2. Tua
    3. Eason
    4. Fromm
    5. Herbert
    6. Hurts
    I've put off watching Fromm for some time. What wasn't to like from his performance against Alabama in the National Championship game? Like Brees, i think he'll make it to the 2nd round - just looking at his height/weight/arm strength. Bree's accuracy is 2nd to none.....if Fromm approaches it, he'd be a steal at #37.

Hurts really, really annoyed me in the Baylor game. Like always, there are parts of the game where he just doesn't look capable of becoming a solid starting qb in the NFL.

I'd much rather take Fromm than Hurst...just based on his 2017 season. I think Eason goes the middle part of the first round (someone will trade up). Fromm just might be the guy, after getting a blue chipper at #6.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here is my ranking order:

1. Herbert
    2. Burrow
    3. Eason
    4. Tagovailoa
    5. Love
    6. Fromm
    7. Hurts

I do not want the Chargers to select any of these players.

For other teams that may need a QB (unlike the Chargers who need to re-sign Rivers), I would not select any of these QBs in the first half of the first round, but I think that Herbert, Burrow, Eason and Tagovailoa are all legitimate NFL players with a chance to be a starting QB. I think Love, Fromm and Hurts are fringe of the roster reserve only type players in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Good post LB !

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Just got done watching a bunch of film on Fromm. The comps to Brees are pretty accurate. His relative lack of arm strength shows every once in awhile....but he has a pro arm, definitely. He is a better passer than Herbert, which is why I have moved him up my list over the Oregon QB. I have also watched more film on Herbert...either he doesn't have it, or Oregon did a shitty job developing what the kid does have...I wouldn't mind taking him on raw talent alone...but not at six, and not before Eason or Fromm...no kidding.

More on Fromm...watching his 2018 SEC championship tape, kid looked awesome. So I understand why some pundits are frustrated or disappointed in his stat line this year, in particular his drop in completion %. Well, its true that his % went down to around 60, and his touchdowns also fell off...but after upping his attempts from 306 in 2018 to 380+ in 2019, you know what other stat dropped? Interceptions....6 in 18', 5 this year...with about 25% more pass attempts. I like the kids decision making...and his tendency, when faced with tight coverages, to put the ball where its extremely difficult for his receiver to catch...but impossible for the opponent to catch...what I call a tight throw away. Also...in watching 6 compressed games, I saw a ton of dropped passes, including TDs...did his drop off have anything to do with the talent around him? I think Eason's ceiling may be a bit higher with that arm talent, but this kid won the job from him at Georgia for a reason...solid decision making, hard work, football IQ...and while not the strongest among this years prospects, he still has plenty of arm strength for the pros...he really throws a nice ball.

In any event, I like Eason just a tad better, cuz I'm greedy for that arm talent....admit Fromm might be the safer pick...but I would love either one if they fell to us in the second. Here is my new list.

1. Burrow
    2. Tua
    3. Eason
    3. Fromm
    3. Herbert
    6. Hurts

Edit: Have since watched more film on Herbert, and saw a lot more to like...but why he is so inconsistent is a mystery. Also watched some more film on Fromm, and noticed some deep ball accuracy issues in a couple of games, and some ball security issues...just a couple of games. He seemed to slump the middle to late part of this season...don't know why.

In a nutshell, my personal favorite is Eason...most arm talent, and fewest college reps of the three...more room to grow? But I would pretty much lump all three of these guys together, they are so close, but each with their own strengths and weaknesses. I would not want to select anyone of these three at 6, knowing at least one of them will be there in the second, or within range of a trade up....but then again, if our staff falls in love with one of these guys, really believe they can groom them to be the next franchise guy, they are gonna want to pick them in the first, to get the fifth year. If it's Herbert, 6 would be the spot, sadly enough.

Lot to happen between now and the draft...too early to tell where some of these guys will go...
    Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-21-2020, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X