• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Day Two * who you got ??

am surprised by the amount of talent for round two and think 37 is gonna be a hellah good player, save for our likely selection of a one Jalen Hurts, who btw is not the end of the world for me, just not sure he is gonna be bpa there.

round three is a little more challenging to fish your starter outta there, as the pool dwindles down some by then.

if your guy is not on the list below, chances are that eye prognosticate him as a bust, disappointment or a day three talent, or.... there is the possibility that he is already off the board by 37.

think the percentage of successful picks hovers somewhere around 30 percent for round 3, and maybe somewhere around forty percent for round 2, hence the number of choices (well) accorded.

LEO Curtis Weaver * who's better, Weaver or Okwara…. the former outweighs the latter by a far bit
    RB JK Dobbins * personally think the guy needs to be in the same offensive backfield as Kyler Murray
    OG Tyler Biadasz * his stock rises and falls a bit, and thinkin' he'll do ok in the league
    RB D'Andre Swift * bingo/jackpot if he's still on the board, no questions asked (@least by my take)
    QB Jake Fromm * the unquestioned best value @QB me thinx @this point
    LT Prince Tega Wanogho * the Campen blue light special.... drafting for need if no OT yet @6
    CB Jeff Gladney * Telesco was reported as saying we're specifically looking OT/CB in this draft
    3T Raekwon Davis * does he duplicate what we hope we're getting from Jerry already
    RB Clyde Edwards Helaire * crowd fave that might be rising/overdrafted here
    CB Jaylon Johnson * if we go CB here, can't argue w/this selection
    QB Jalen Hurts * personally see him as the (AL) odds on fave @37
    LEO Julian Okwara * gotta handicap the Golden Domers w/slightly better odds than the field
    QB Jacob Eason * wildcard that would seem a longshot to become a Charger

OC Lloyd Cushenberry * again would tab this guy as the odds on (AL) fave here
    RT Yasir Durant * one of Ninja's fellas and quite possibly could be good value here
    DE Marlon Davidson * an unsung hero who played next to Derrick Brown.... tempting
    OC Cesar Ruiz * if you're drafting for need, this guy fills a hole
    OG Calvin Throckmorton * demand for Oline pushes this guy up the board a bit
    NT Leki Fotu * personal fave as would love to see what this D could do w/a real NT
    OG Netane Muti * without question the most talented of the bunch, albeit heavy injury risk
    TE Cole Kmet * another position of need that wu feels strongly/good about
    LT Lucas Niang * another one of Ninja's Olinemen of choice.... talk to him 'bout this guy
    WR Van Jefferson * a good man w/Charger bloodlines

the above board is offered as a convenience for those of us not in the habit of naming names w/our suggestion for the Chargers' draft plans, and.... if you prefer to go off board w/your recommendations, pls do.... albeit let us know who you got, and.... explanations/breakdowns are welcome (and thank you so much,
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton
  • nomad1946
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2017
    • West Yellowstone, Montana
    • Retired
    • Send PM

I like Brown, Fromm, and Ruiz for 6,37,71.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
      San Diego Native
      • Feb 2019
      • Farmington, NM
      • Send PM

OL, specifically OT, is such a huge need in my book that if we don't draft an OT as BPA at #6, I feel we should at #37 as a need pick. I'd prefer an OT like Becton (if he falls) TegaWanogho, J.Jones, or Durant.

But the value may be elsewhere at #37 with a player like WR-Ruggs who might slip, CG-Dantzler, IOLs-Biadasz or Cushenberry, NT-Gallimore, Slot-Reagor, RBs-Swift or Dobbins, or maybe even MLB-K.Murray.

#71 is more difficult because there will be guys I thought should be gone in the 2nd still available and guys I didn't anticipate as day 2 picks that are already off the board. The pool at #71 is fluid and dependent on how they fall in round 2. So, anyone listed above could still be on the board or NT-Fotu, OLB-Okwara, IOL-C.Ruiz, ILBs Queen and Dye, DT3-Raekwon Davis, CB-Gladney, or OTs Liang or I.Wilson.

There is so much we still don't know. Until we get past the combine and free agency this is almost wild speculation. I might be better served throwing darts at a list of players.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
        I like Brown, Fromm, and Ruiz for 6,37,71.
        I like that draft....but I wonder whether Lynn would...
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/dandre-swift-nfl-draft-game-film-review = Swift @37 ?? !!
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

While I’m not an advocate for a RB until round 3+, Swift would be an asset in point production.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

While I’m not an advocate for a RB until round 3+, Swift would be an asset in point production.
              Ditto...there are a number of prospects in this draft that I don't think we should pick, with my own ideas about how we can get the most out of this draft, talent and need wise, and what positions we should be targeting where...but how could you not want to add a player like that, regardless of round? LOL...I would be as happily disappointed as I could be...
              The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Ditto...there are a number of prospects in this draft that I don't think we should pick, with my own ideas about how we can get the most out of this draft, talent and need wise, and what positions we should be targeting where...but how could you not want to add a player like that, regardless of round? LOL...I would be as happily disappointed as I could be...
                I concur.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We need to channel our inner Coryell.
                  You don't know ball

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

#37 Swift
                    #71 I think there may be better options than what is on your list
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Think I'd take Dobbins over Swift at #37 if both are there. Taylor is another.

May go RB later though.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Think I'd take Dobbins over Swift at #37 if both are there. Taylor is another.

May go RB later though.
                        I have seen both a lot, and even though Swift has a ton of those flashier plays, Dobbins is so solid...like watching a cement block on crazy wheels...I really kinda like him better also. Taylor? Funny thing is, the few games I watched, he didn't wow me...seemed like he was running through big holes, had it easy...but to be fair, it was only a couple of games...haven't done a film study on him, just saw a lot of Swift watching Fromm, and caught more than a few Buckeye games.
                        The TPB makes plans....

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞