• Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    still Wirfs for me, and.... CDL over Jeudy,
    Your gonna spend our #6 on a guy who is gonna sit behind Bulaga for at least a year, maybe more? Please don't sell me that line about moving him inside...all the fantasy oline coaches around here, trying to switch player's positions...:banghead:

I do really like Wirfs, though...proabably been my favorite olineman thru the process...but after FA, not sure we roll that way...
    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I know I'm in the minority... but I'd prefer Andrew Thomas even over Simmons. Impacts the whole offense... which in turn protects your defense.
      Zierlein likes Thomas' consistency.
      In the interview Hayley just did with Campen, he also mentioned consistency, as well as mental toughness as the top desired traits.

But hold on here.
      Our defense--THIS DB population--Bosa + Ingram up front.
      Add Simmons.
      That would be lit.

I am willing to "risk" Pipkens developing, alternatively draft Ezra Cleveland, or some other Campen friendly dude @ #37.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Brown. Ruggs. Lamb. Wirfs/Wills OLG. Chaisson. Swift. Kinlaw. Queen.
        Queen over Murray...?

Chaisson could replace SupaMel one day...already got the ACL tear outta the way...
        The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Queen over Murray...?

Chaisson could replace SupaMel one day...already got the ACL tear outta the way...
          Yes. I like Queen over Murray.
          Let's hope NYG takes Chaisson at #4.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Your gonna spend our #6 on a guy who is gonna sit behind Bulaga for at least a year, maybe more? Please don't sell me that line about moving him inside...all the fantasy oline coaches around here, trying to switch player's positions...:banghead:

I do really like Wirfs, though...proabably been my favorite olineman thru the process...but after FA, not sure we roll that way...
            like eye said.... me head "knows" AT is the best get for our team/O, and.... me heart is sold on the intangibles of Wirfs, not to mention he's darn good too, and....

shoots.... why not move the both of Beluga and Pips over to LT if that were to be the case.... draft bpa, not for need.

and agree Simmons is hellah tempting, and 'specially given he could well be the linchpin to our D, and....

would much rather have a near sure thing (AT/Wirfs, and not Becton/Wills) than take your QBs of choice....
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Zierlein likes Thomas' consistency.
              In the interview Hayley just did with Campen, he also mentioned consistency, as well as mental toughness as the top desired traits.

But hold on here.
              Our defense--THIS DB population--Bosa + Ingram up front.
              Add Simmons.
              That would be lit.

I am willing to "risk" Pipkens developing, alternatively draft Ezra Cleveland, or some other Campen friendly dude @ #37.
              The thing I like best about AT is that he is battle tested against some of the best d-lines in college football the last two years.
              I wouldn't blame TT for going for Simmons @6 if he's there. Athleticism like that is un-teachable. Don't think his instincts are top-shelf, though. Could be because he was played all over the place.

The biggest thing for me though is the drop-off at LT after 1st round. Whereas, I see good WILL's into the 3rd/4th rounds. Your guy Akeem... or Willie Gay Jr...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Just for fun, let's ignore the low hanging fruit, (Trading up for QB, Herb/Tua at #6, Simmons at #6) and deal with a unique scenario with our first pick. So here is the situation...

1. Cincy gets Burrows, Lions and Giants go Young/Simmons
                2. Jags trade with Giants to pick Tua
                3. Fins take Herbert(Not a worst case for some here...)
                4. Okuda, Brown, and a fistful of olinemen left at #6...but we just nabbed Harris, Joseph...and for the purpose of this exercise, let's say they love Pipkins at LT...

So what do you do? Pick one of those players anyway? Trade back?(Gimme specifics) Different position?

Here is my take...love to trade back in this scenario, but don't think there are any takers...maybe Raiders for Love? Somehow I doubt it...but maybe someone can come up with a good one.

But I think in this situation, you have shored up the defense and oline, you don't have a different option other than than Tyrod, but a pretty good team in place...maybe you give Lynn what he wants, and go all in on Taylor, with an eye on the future. You missed out on a big splash at #6...I think you go with the safest pick in the draft.

#6- Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

Ultra polished, ready to play now, almost bust proof...he isn't D. Hopkins or AJ Green...but he is K. Allen 2.0, with more speed and possibly upside. Instant help for Tyrod in his first year, adding a weapon to the arsenal...heir apparant in a few years if KA moves on, or slows down.

Don't crucify me folks...remember, this is just for fun...instead of the usual suspects, let's try thinking outside the box. I don't know about you guys, but I didn't see Bosa or Mike Williams coming....at all. So for fun, let's try to figure out just how the Chargers are gonna make us scratch our heads and say "Huh...? Really?" when we pick at #6.:beer:
                Still going Simmons in that scenario.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

LOL...nobody actually read my scenario carefully...item 1 sets the scenario with Simmons and young going to lions and giants...

You people start playing fair, or I'm taking my thread and going home!!!!:frown:

:lol::lol::lol:
                  The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I like my big clusta...
                    You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

LOL...nobody actually read my scenario carefully...item 1 sets the scenario with Simmons and young going to lions and giants...

You people start playing fair, or I'm taking my thread and going home!!!!:frown:

:lol::lol::lol:
                      Your scenario would suck. I'd maybe,...probably trade down. Certainly don't want to go WR.

And how could you not see Bosa coming? Pretty sure it was even out there that they were interested in Bosa and had dinner with him just prior to the draft. And i said i wouldnt be surprised by them picking Mike Williams and i liked the pick.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Your scenario would suck. I'd maybe,...probably trade down. Certainly don't want to go WR.

And how could you not see Bosa coming? Pretty sure it was even out there that they were interested in Bosa. And i said i wouldnt be surprised by them picking Mike Williams and i liked the pick.
                        If you remember, Bosa wasn't exactly a fit for our defense. He was a 4-3 end coming out...we played a 3-4. He was smallish for a 3-4 DE...I think a DT or OT was the pick of choice that year by many. As for Williams, few thought we were going WR.
                        The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

If you remember, Bosa wasn't exactly a fit for our defense. He was a 4-3 end coming out...we played a 3-4. He was smallish for a 3-4 DE...I think a DT or OT was the pick of choice that year by many. As for Williams, few thought we were going WR.
                          DeForrest Buckner.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞