• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Am I down on Desmond King...? Or do I realize that there are better players (Bosa,KA) with expiring contracts...? Who effects your team more, Melvin Ingram or Desmond King...? Who can be replaced easier, Melvin or Desmond...? Which current player replaces them more easily, Isaac Rochelle or Chris Harris Jr...?
    CBs are pretty valuable. I'm letting Ingram walk after this season and drafting another edge rusher. I don't think Melvin would be that tough to replace with what he has done. If given the snaps I think Nwuso can match Mel's production.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Am I down on Desmond King...? Or do I realize that there are better players (Bosa,KA) with expiring contracts...? Who effects your team more, Melvin Ingram or Desmond King...? Who can be replaced easier, Melvin or Desmond...? Which current player replaces them more easily, Isaac Rochelle or Chris Harris Jr...?
      If desmond can play safety keep him...if not he's going to eventually become too slow to keep up as a cornerback. What say you!
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If desmond can play safety keep him...if not he's going to eventually become too slow to keep up as a cornerback. What say you!
        Agreed! He will cost a lot to re-sign, however. CB's are $14-16 million right now.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

CBs are pretty valuable. I'm letting Ingram walk after this season and drafting another edge rusher. I don't think Melvin would be that tough to replace with what he has done. If given the snaps I think Nwuso can match Mel's production.
          Melvin pff 74.7
          King pff 69.4
          Nwosu pff 64.7

Melvin does a lot more than just pass rush. He is the older player. Will his production continue...? That's the big question.
          King has speed issues. Due for his 2nd contract... usually most expensive.
          Nwosu plays the SAM but could probably switch to DE... but unproved as of yet.

IMO, it's easier to draft a CB. TT does a pretty good job of acquiring FA CB's. Probably the one thing he does better than anything. :2cents:

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

long-term Oline outlook.... w/a BC draft

LT * Wanogho
            LG * Wirfs, Forrest
            OC * Ruiz, Qberry
            RG * Trai, Tevi
            RT * Pips, Saahdiq

the tricky/ballsy part is in getting skill position players on top of that, and of which entails trades.... Joey, Keenan, Mel, and/or HH.

think you could get first rounders in exchange for the both of Joey 'n Allen, and day two pix for the likes of Hunter 'n Mel.

and personally would rather wait the one more year knowing that there will be @least another handful of QBs under valid consideration in next year's draft, and go w/Cam & Tyrod for this bit, and rather than wait the three or four years to figure out that we missed the mark w/the likes of a Tua or Justin.

Dang! Someone who likes OL more than I do! That seems a little too OL-centric, though (can't believe I just said that). BTW... you just traded half of my favorite players away. You better hit HR's or I go Nutty on you.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Dang! Someone who likes OL more than I do! That seems a little too OL-centric, though (can't believe I just said that). BTW... you just traded half of my favorite players away. You better hit HR's or I go Nutty on you.
              $25m Bosa
              $20m Keenan
              $17m Mel
              $11m Hunter

and you still haven't paid your LT, let alone your SB bound QB of the future.... how does that payroll stack up ??

and btw, wouldn't be all bothered by a one-two of Lamb-Swift, and.... can understand the Simmons love, as our D would be fun to watch, albeit want nothing to do w/any of the QBs.... don't see Fromm as a Charger, and think the risk is ill advised for any of the others.... am more than willing to wait a year to see what the draft brings then.

and yeah, there's the rub.... have missed on a few, and have recent hits like Ramczyk and Erik McCoy.... 50 percent is the going rate, and hence why eye think we need to start practicing the stockpiling of draft capital on an annual basis.... somehow, someway.
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

$25m Bosa
                $20m Keenan
                $17m Mel
                $11m Hunter

and you still haven't paid your LT, let alone your SB bound QB of the future.... how does that payroll stack up ??

and btw, wouldn't be all bothered by a one-two of Lamb-Swift, and.... can understand the Simmons love, as our D would be fun to watch, albeit want nothing to do w/any of the QBs.... don't see Fromm as a Charger, and think the risk is ill advised for any of the others.... am more than willing to wait a year to see what the draft brings then.

and yeah, there's the rub.... have missed on a few, and have recent hits like Ramczyk and Erik McCoy.... 50 percent is the going rate, and hence why eye think we need to start practicing the stockpiling of draft capital on an annual basis.... somehow, someway.
                No! Not worth it!
                Bosa at $22.5 maybe...
                Long term contract Hunter Maybe, otherwise injury again will be released.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

$25m Bosa
                  $20m Keenan
                  $17m Mel
                  $11m Hunter

Beach.... Man I am agreeing with you here.
                  Don't think Keenan will get 20 mil but I'm not paying him that anyways and again why I'm drafting two WRs. No way I'm paying Ingram 17 mil,.... And he won't get that either. Even at 13, im out.

Bosa and Henry, I'm in.. Think Henry is going to have a good year..... If he don't get injured.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Just cause these charger veterans are solid players we shouldn't have to break the bank to keep some of them. KA has not been a game changer player but he does keep the chains moving. Why would we have to pay King $14 million? Phew...make it rain Charger management! LOL. Cripes, Clowney can't even get $18 mil and I'd rather sign him than these other guys even if he's aging.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

$25m Bosa
                      $20m Keenan
                      $17m Mel
                      $11m Hunter

The most recent DE signings (DeMarcus Lawrence and Frank Clark) got 5 years/105 million. Bosa should get 22.5/year. He's making 14.5 mil this year. (+8 mil)
                      WR's #4-11 make 16-18 mil/year. Almost all of them are younger. Keenan will probably get 16.5/year. He's making 12.5 mil this year. (+4 mil)
                      Melvin's going to be negotiating his 3rd contract and has averaged 7 sacks/year last 2 years (tied for 44th in sacks). He'll be lucky to get 13.5/year. (-3 mil)
                      Hunter is franchised for 10.5 mil this year. Let's say he has a top-5 kind of year. He'll get exactly what he's getting now. (+0)

Are you telling me that you wouldn't spend an extra $9 mi/year to keep 4 of your most important/productive players on the team...? Shoot, letting Mike Pouncey walk (a huge probability) would single-handedly pay for extension of those 4 players. And who knows whether Perryman and Taylor will be re-signed (11.5 mil) next year...

That payroll stacks up pretty well. Certainly better than trying to replace all of them with hopes and prayers. Re-sign your productive, home-grown players. This is the mantra of 95% of NFL GM's.

Comment

• marconi
                        Air Apparent
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Adventure Land
                        • Help people live their dreams
                        • Send PM

Still working on my 7 round mock but I've got Round 1 and 3 locked in.

Obviously QB is a position of importance that we have been blessed with not having to deal with in the draft for quite some time.

With that being said, it looks like the two QB prospects that all of the "experts" have us picking are either Herbert or Tagovailoa.

Herbert has all the physical traits you look for in a QB but he just doesn't have that "it" factor in my book.

Tua has more of the "it" trait, but the durability factor is a genuine concern.

No matter who we EVER draft or trade for as a QB, the one thing that has been neglected for too long is the foundation of any offense, and that is the Left Tackle.

So with our #1 pick in the Draft I believe we must draft a LT.

Everyone knows that LT is the cornerstone of the offensive line ,and we couldn't have picked a better year to have a top 10 pick to finally address that need. There are 3 excellent potential options and I'd be happy with any one of them. My preferences would be either Wirfs, Thomas or Becton, in that order. The other good thing about drafting an offensive linemen is the longevity factor. It's a position that a player can be a mainstay at for years to come and an area that you can build around.

So...back to the need for a QB.

I think we can wait until Round #3

The kid I've always liked, who had an off year in 2019 is Jake Fromm. He has to me, the most important traits I look for in a QB. #1 Accuracy - The important trait for any quarterback is accuracy, which Fromm has. He places the ball well, putting it in position for his receiver to make catches while avoiding putting the ball in danger. # 2 Decision making- Fromm is a good decision-maker who protects the ball well and doesn't get careless or panic. He is an efficient game manager with impressive field vision showing good timing and precision to hit his receivers through windows in coverage. # 3 Leadership Should actually be #1. The QB should be the undisputed leader of the team and the player you look to when the game is one the line. Fromm led his team to the National Championship in 2017 and is a gritty signal-caller who seems to play at his best in crunch time.

I think Fromm could end up being another 3rd round steal like Russel Wilson. Granted, he doesn't have the escapability skill of a Russel Wilson, but if we can solidify our O- line, he won't need it.

Since I've skipped over Round #2 I'll address a few options here:

Any one of these would be a GREAT addition to our team so I would just go with BPA in the order I have them listed.
                        1. Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin Ht: 6-3. Wt: 225. Baun was actually my sleeper pick until everyone else caught on to him. He is a talented pass rusher but the most valuable thing about him is his ability in coverage and his ability to dissect plays. I think he'd be the QB of our defense as QB is actually the position he played in H.S. as all state first team.
                        2. Patrick Queen*, OLB, LSU Ht: 6-1. Wt: 229 - He is a smooth mover in the open field with the speed to run vertically down the middle seam. Queen is skilled in zone coverage to flow with the play and cover a lot of ground. Given some development, he could be an asset in helping to cover running backs and tight ends in man coverage. Queen also is a dangerous blitzer and eats up space in a hurry to put pressure on the quarterback.
                        3. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame Ht: 6-4. Wt: 238- 40 Time: 4.42. If I could just describe Claypool in one word it would be "tough". Claypool made some impressive runs after the catch in 2019. He is a big receiver who is tough and dangerous with the ball in his hands. I think his numbers would have put him high into the first round if he'd had a better QB throwing him the ball. He excels in special teams as a great tackler but if he were to add a few more pounds he could fill our need at TE. With 4.4 speed he would redefine the position.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

I like Jake Fromm a lot...and I think in the right system, he could be very successful in this league. Is that us? I don't know...I would guess probably not. But props for thinking outside the box...
                          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

Working...
                          X