• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Hamler but he is so small. Where did he run a 4.27?
    I know he is fast but he didnt run at the combine and his pro day got called off.

As for​ Ekeler, ...im not counting him as a WR. Yes he will be in the slot at times but we need WRs too. Why not get two in a deep class when value will be there?

After this season, id surely let Ingram walk, Rochelle does nothing for me but he is cheap. Not worth paying more money for. He offers little as a pass rusher and we can draft another.

Keenan stays if he dont ask for the moon. If he does, Cya. Bosa getting your dough Bro. King is a keeper.
    Hamler is small. But so was Steve Smith. And Tyreek Hill is only 1 inch taller and 7 lbs. heavier. Speed kills. He's got good hands, runs good routes, he's tough, and creates separation with his quickness and speed. Although no official 40 was run, he said he was timed at 4.27. I know, could just be hyperbole... but tape shows him pulling away from fast defenders. BTW... where did Johnson run a 4.47?

You can count Eke however you want, but the fact is he'll be lined up there a good portion of the time. We didn't pay him to sit the bench... and he's certainly not an every down back.

Your mock has no EDGE player in it... not sure how you let Ingram walk. You can plan for an edge rusher in next year's draft... but what if that player is not there...? Draft an edge player this year with one of you WR slots.

Keenan's going to get paid. Finished 3rd in receptions and 6th in yards. He's by far the best WR we have. Best route runner in the NFL. With Philip gone, he's your best weapon on offense. Gives a young/developing QB a sure target. If you let KA walk, you impede your QB's progress/development.

Bosa's going to get paid. No way let the #3 pick walk... not at his age. Hard to believe TT lets our best defender go and our best offensive weapon leave. It's why we let PR go. It's why we still have $24 million to roll over for next year.

King is the one we consider replacing through next year's draft... along with Perryman, Taylor, and Pouncey ($24 million combined). That's where you find the money to re-sign KA, MI, and JB.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

am resigning Rochell, Denzel and Desmond, and.... trading Joey asap.

would also be looking to trade Mel, Keenan and Hunter when the time comes, and.... sooner than later.
      Mel, Keenan, and Hunter are all FA's by season's end. Are you trading them mid-year...? Are you trading them pre-draft for picks...? If you trade them mid-year, you're telling the rest of the team that you're quitting on them mid-year. If you're trading them pre-draft for picks, then you better be damn sure you're getting very good value for them and you better not miss on your picks. So risky! And why would teams give you fair value when they know these players will have to be extended. Why wouldn't teams just wait until they're free agents at year's end...?

"One in the hand is worth two in the bush" Re-sign your proven players.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

"One in the hand is worth two in the bush" Re-sign your proven players.
        unless they don't want to be here.... other than Mel, not sure any much of the aforementioned are excited 'bout being a Charger ??

and yes, would trade them sooner than later, or @least if and when the outcome of the season is fairly assured, as if we don't sign Cam, don't really see us doing much of anything this season ??

and yes, would think a team like the Pats would be well and plenty interested in the likes of a Keenan and/or an HH ??

or wouldn't someone like Baltimore be interested in Mel and/or Joey as well ??

and for the record, even if Mel wants to be here, not so sure he's worth the mula that his agent will be after ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

unless they don't want to be here.... other than Mel, not sure any much of the aforementioned are excited 'bout being a Charger ??

and yes, would trade them sooner than later, or @least if and when the outcome of the season is fairly assured, as if we don't sign Cam, don't really see us doing much of anything this season ??

and yes, would think a team like the Pats would be well and plenty interested in the likes of a Keenan and/or an HH ??

or wouldn't someone like Baltimore be interested in Mel and/or Joey as well ??

and for the record, even if Mel wants to be here, not so sure he's worth the mula that his agent will be after ??
          I don't think there is anything to suggest that these players are unhappy to be Chargers. The days of playing in a soccer stadium are over. Players will get paid what the market sets. As long as Chargers offer fair market value, they should be able to retain their own (as is their philosophy). Ravens have $12 million less cap space and Lamar Jackson on a rookie contract. Pats rarely over-pay for FA's and have $22 million less cap space.

The Chargers have shed PR's contract, will be moving toward a run-1st offense, and should surround their QB's with talent. They are not in a position to shed DE's as they have no depth behind Joey and Mel. That may change if they draft a DE. But after Chase Young, the DE position is fairly weak in this year's draft.

And please... no Cam Newton! Commit to your head coach's vision... build your team to run the ball, play solid defense, and develop a QB that takes care of the ball.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Hamler is small. But so was Steve Smith. And Tyreek Hill is only 1 inch taller and 7 lbs. heavier. Speed kills. He's got good hands, runs good routes, he's tough, and creates separation with his quickness and speed. Although no official 40 was run, he said he was timed at 4.27. I know, could just be hyperbole... but tape shows him pulling away from fast defenders. BTW... where did Johnson run a 4.47?

You can count Eke however you want, but the fact is he'll be lined up there a good portion of the time. We didn't pay him to sit the bench... and he's certainly not an every down back.

Your mock has no EDGE player in it... not sure how you let Ingram walk. You can plan for an edge rusher in next year's draft... but what if that player is not there...? Draft an edge player this year with one of you WR slots.

Keenan's going to get paid. Finished 3rd in receptions and 6th in yards. He's by far the best WR we have. Best route runner in the NFL. With Philip gone, he's your best weapon on offense. Gives a young/developing QB a sure target. If you let KA walk, you impede your QB's progress/development.

Bosa's going to get paid. No way let the #3 pick walk... not at his age. Hard to believe TT lets our best defender go and our best offensive weapon leave. It's why we let PR go. It's why we still have $24 million to roll over for next year.

King is the one we consider replacing through next year's draft... along with Perryman, Taylor, and Pouncey ($24 million combined). That's where you find the money to re-sign KA, MI, and JB.
            Good question. I cant find it now. Thought i saw he ran a 4.47 but cant find it. In anycase, he plays fast so even if he runs a 4.47 to a 4.55, he is quick and a pretty decent route runner. Better player than Quez Watkins who i had there previously.

As for Ekeler, yes they will move him around but we will carry 5 WRs, so lets get the best ones we can. Ekeler for one reason being out there is we dont have any good WRs asside from KA and MW....but Ek has done well there. The one they just signed i doubt makes the team unless we foolishly dont draft any.

I let Ingram walk and Rochell who IMO isnt an edge rusher anyways, and we draft another in 2021 or get one in FA'cy like any other team does. Maybe ill have one there in the next one, maybe i wont. We have Nwuso so it isnt dire. Ive had one in my simulator mocks before but we wont fill everything from the draft and late rounders may not make the team anyways. You never know what will happen between now and the next draft.

Keenan may or may get paid if he asks for 15-17 mil. TT may want to keep him but if he drafts two good WRs they can afford to let him walk. We may not be able to afford that. Time will tell. Im not pushing for either to happen, sometimes you just cant do it and we have Bosa and MW to keep as well.

Im not for letting Bosa walk, that was Beach who would trade him. Cant let him let away.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I don't think there is anything to suggest that these players are unhappy to be Chargers. The days of playing in a soccer stadium are over. Players will get paid what the market sets. As long as Chargers offer fair market value, they should be able to retain their own (as is their philosophy). Ravens have $12 million less cap space and Lamar Jackson on a rookie contract. Pats rarely over-pay for FA's and have $22 million less cap space.

The Chargers have shed PR's contract, will be moving toward a run-1st offense, and should surround their QB's with talent. They are not in a position to shed DE's as they have no depth behind Joey and Mel. That may change if they draft a DE. But after Chase Young, the DE position is fairly weak in this year's draft.

And please... no Cam Newton! Commit to your head coach's vision... build your team to run the ball, play solid defense, and develop a QB that takes care of the ball.
              Yes, yet you want me to add a edge rusher in my mock for one of the WRs i have there. The WRs are better value. Cant draft for need all the time, thats how your team doesnt improve and we have a need for WR too.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

A. Run the ball. OT Andrew Thomas. Voch says Thomas is your best run blocker. Very good feet to pass protect. Hand placement (coached) will need to be re-coached. It's not a coincidence that Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga were brought in. Now, finish the job on the left side. And, no, Trey Pipkins is not there yet as a pass blocker... and he's a weak run blocker.
                Voch Takes A Deep Dive Into College Football Film From Players Declaring For The Nfl Draft. Breaking Down The Players Pros, Cons, Fit, & Projection to the NF...

B. Play solid defense. WILL Akeem Davis-Gaither. CB and DT have been taken care of with FA signings of Harris and Joseph. WILL candidates (Davis, Phillips, Brown) were let go. The only missing piece is WILL starter or depth if they believe Kyzir is starting material. I know that Isaiah Simmons is all the rage. But I'm building a team to run the ball first and foremost. Beat the Chiefs by running the ball at the edges. 4.39 is nice... but don't think it solves 4.27 speed (Hill and Hardman). Creative zone schemes and keeping Chiefs offense on the bench is how to defense Chiefs offense.

C. Protect the ball. QB Anthony Gordon. Why does no one believe AL when he says he's ready to go with Tyrod...? He does exactly what AL is looking for... limit mistakes/turnovers. The only thing that worries me about Tyrod is his temporary contract status. It's a 1-year deal. If he does well (which I think he will) he'll be looking for bigger money. Chargers would be wise to draft/develop a late round QB (remember Tyrod is a 6th rounder and Stick is a 5th rounder) to develop should Tyrod move on after 2020 contract.
                Welcome to Harris Highlights! The #1 Highlight Channel on YouTube(↓↓ click show more ↓↓) Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BlakeHHarrisInstagram: http://www.i...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

A. Run the ball. OT Andrew Thomas. Voch says Thomas is your best run blocker. Very good feet to pass protect. Hand placement (coached) will need to be re-coached. It's not a coincidence that Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga were brought in. Now, finish the job on the left side. And, no, Trey Pipkins is not there yet as a pass blocker... and he's a weak run blocker.
                  Voch Takes A Deep Dive Into College Football Film From Players Declaring For The Nfl Draft. Breaking Down The Players Pros, Cons, Fit, & Projection to the NF...

B. Play solid defense. WILL Akeem Davis-Gaither. CB and DT have been taken care of with FA signings of Harris and Joseph. WILL candidates (Davis, Phillips, Brown) were let go. The only missing piece is WILL starter or depth if they believe Kyzir is starting material. I know that Isaiah Simmons is all the rage. But I'm building a team to run the ball first and foremost. Beat the Chiefs by running the ball at the edges. 4.39 is nice... but don't think it solves 4.27 speed (Hill and Hardman). Creative zone schemes and keeping Chiefs offense on the bench is how to defense Chiefs offense.

C. Protect the ball. QB Anthony Gordon. Why does no one believe AL when he says he's ready to go with Tyrod...? He does exactly what AL is looking for... limit mistakes/turnovers. The only thing that worries me about Tyrod is his temporary contract status. It's a 1-year deal. If he does well (which I think he will) he'll be looking for bigger money. Chargers would be wise to draft/develop a late round QB (remember Tyrod is a 6th rounder and Stick is a 5th rounder) to develop should Tyrod move on after 2020 contract.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWuz0_cqVk
                  Which is why we arent drafting a late round QB as the future franchise guy lol. Nobody does this that needs a QB. And dont use Brady as an example. They didnt need a QB when they drafted him and he is the exception for what he became. The odds for what he became are very low.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Which is why we arent drafting a late round QB as the future franchise guy lol. Nobody does this that needs a QB. And dont use Brady as an example. They didnt need a QB when they drafted him and he is the exception for what he became. The odds for what he became are very low.
                    So are franchise QBs in the top 10. Hell, I bet less than half the QB starters weren’t even drafted in the Top 10.
                    How many top 10 QBs have won the Lombardi in the past 20-30 years?
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Good question. I cant find it now. Thought i saw he ran a 4.47 but cant find it. In anycase, he plays fast so even if he runs a 4.47 to a 4.55, he is quick and a pretty decent route runner. Better player than Quez Watkins who i had there previously.
                      Per Lance Zierline... " Johnson's lack of speed and explosiveness make it hard to create clean catch windows unless he's working against zone."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Per Lance Zierline... " Johnson's lack of speed and explosiveness make it hard to create clean catch windows unless he's working against zone."
                        Yeah he has said that about a lot of guys, then they run a fast 40 at the combine. That would suggest they dont play fast but Johnson does. If you like Zierline i guess.. I watch for myself. He obviously has speed if you watch him but he isnt a 4.4. I have Duvernay as well in my mock.

I can only suggest you watch some video on him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

So are franchise QBs in the top 10. Hell, I bet less than half the QB starters weren’t even drafted in the Top 10.
                          How many top 10 QBs have won the Lombardi in the past 20-30 years?
                          May not be but first round QBs have faired alot better than late round QBs throughout history. Late round guys flame out for the most part but like every other possition, sure there are exceptions. You just have to find the exception ....the odds are low.

Ive got no problem using a low pick on a QB when we have our franchise guy, but we dont....so why waste that low pick?

Comment

Working...
                          X