• Show
Clear All
  • boltfanseattle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

What if Tua drops?

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/04/pat...gers-draft-qb/

The rumblings could be false, but there's a lot of smoke now. If he falls to us, could TT actually pass on him and instead go for simmons, Becton, or maybe Okudah? In this scenario, I assume Miami will take Herbert.

We've been burned by injuries, more than some teams. I just don't see TT or other GM's taking a risk on him. He's gonna drop.

• beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

how far.... ??

poppycock from the Pats.... doin' their darnedest to get someone to waste a pick in front of 'em

and don't think Heavy has much sand in their pants, as not sure the either of the Fins nor the Bolts are so high on Herbert ??

also don't think Tua is fully recovered w/his hip, and didn't like the way he was moving near the end of the pro day vid.... just a tad too gingerly for my liking.

my guess as of right now is that TT goes to Miami @26 ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• iginlafan77
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Ideally, we take Tua over anyone but Young and Burrow. But I also wouldn't be upset if we end up with Simmons or Okudah. Just not Herbert or Becton at 6.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        how far.... ??

poppycock from the Pats.... doin' their darnedest to get someone to waste a pick in front of 'em

and don't think Heavy has much sand in their pants, as not sure the either of the Fins nor the Bolts are so high on Herbert ??

also don't think Tua is fully recovered w/his hip, and didn't like the way he was moving near the end of the pro day vid.... just a tad too gingerly for my liking.

my guess as of right now is that TT goes to Miami @26 ??
        I don't think any GM worth their salt is worried about that...only take away from that video is that Tua is still a determined, passionate, hard working guy to come back so soon...but I think anybody who wants to take Tua but has doubts, isn't worried about the hip...I think they would be prepared to red shirt him, if necessary...his talent is worth the wait. But the real concern, medically, is if he is genetically predisposed to injury...weak ligaments, brittle bones...remember our struggles with Ryan Matthews and those freakish scapula fractures? I think a lot of GMs are convinced the hip is healed, or will be...but what about the other hip? His shins? His collar bone when a 320 pound nose tackle falls on him? That's my take away on the concerns over Tua...not whether he is broken now...but how likely is he to break again?
        Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
        23. A. Mitchell WR
        37. K. Jenkins DT
        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by iginlafan77 View Post
          Ideally, we take Tua over anyone but Young and Burrow. But I also wouldn't be upset if we end up with Simmons or Okudah. Just not Herbert or Becton at 6.
          Welcome to TPB.
          Let's build a Top 3 defense and go from there.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• nomad1946
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2017
            • West Yellowstone, Montana
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Pass on Tua.

Comment

• boltfanseattle
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Mike Florio and Big Cat jump into some NFL draft props, including who will be picked first between Justin Herbert and Tua Tagovailoa and how many receivers w...

and now theres fire. Wow.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Just no to Tua.
                If Simmons is still there( now looking less likely) grab him. If not, see if someone wants to move up and we grab more draft capital.

Comment

• swand
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Not buying the smoke. Still think both the Chargers and Dolphins want Tua and that the Dolphins have more to offer in a trade (and will ultimately trade up to 3 to ensure they get him).

Comment

• TTThunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I still remember CB.J.Verett...

No to Tua at #6...

Comment

• RageTheory
                      Gilbride Era Survivor
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Tulsa, OK
                      • Send PM

My personal preference is Okudah, Simmons, Wirfs, then Tua.

If Okudah and Simmons are drafted prior to #6 (most likely as I read things), then Wirfs would be the best option, although I hope TT first explores a small step down (possibly with the Panthers, who need a DT like Derrick Brown a lot more than an offensive tackle). Barring a trade-down, Wirfs at #6 is not a bad pick at all and I think helps Taylor quite a bit.

If Okudah or Simmons are available (unless a couple of teams lose their minds and trade up resulting in three drafted QBs in the first five; unlikely that both would be available), I hope TT drafts that person. Okudah strike me as shut-down quality, and Simmons on the field with Bosa would give OCs sleepless nights..

If Okudah, Simmons, and Wirfs are all gone, I hope TT tries to trade down. In this scenario, both Tua and Herbert are likely still available (cannot see a scenario where #1 and #2 are not Burrow and Young) and there should be a market for the #6 pick with Derrick Brown and three of the top four OTs still on the board. Getting Tua or Herbert around pick 12-16 and adding a low-2nd / high-3rd would be ideal.
                      Last edited by RageTheory; 04-19-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RageTheory View Post
                        My personal preference is Okudah, Simmons, Wirfs, then Tua.

If Okudah and Simmons are drafted prior to #6 (most likely as I read things), then Wirfs would be the best option, although I hope TT first explores a small step down (possibly with the Panthers, who need a DT like Derrick Brown a lot more than an offensive tackle). Barring a trade-down, Wirfs at #6 is not a bad pick at all and I think helps Taylor quite a bit.

If Okudah or Simmons are available (unless a couple of teams lose their minds and trade up resulting in three drafted QBs in the first five; unlikely that both would be available), I hope TT drafts that person. Okudah strike me as shut-down quality, and Simmons on the field with Bosa would give OCs sleepless nights..

If Okudah, Simmons, and Wirfs are all gone, I hope TT tries to trade down. In this scenario, both Tua and Herbert are likely still available (cannot see a scenario where #1 and #2 are not Burrow and Young) and there should be a market for the #6 pick with Derrick Brown and three of the top four OTs still on the board. Getting Tua or Herbert around pick 12-16 and adding a low-2nd / high-3rd would be ideal.
                        Hey welcome to the Blues. Most of the action is in the main forum. Lots of draft discussion there as well. Make yourself at home.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍