X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

If Herbert can get ONE, that will be great.
    More than one even better.
    But 7 is an insanely great accomplishment.

It's just a game.
    But I got a lot of respect for the GOAT QB.
    He has played at the highest of levels longer than any QB in NFL history. SMH! Crazy.

I like how Bruce gave all the credit to the players making plays.
    Teams win Super Bowls. Brady did nothing special, but he did benefit mightily with two referee aided TDs and one referee negated INT. The story of the game was Tampa Bay's defense and Devin White was the game's clear MVP--12 tackles, 1 INT, 2 TFLs. Brady is not the best QB ever to play, nor is he an elite QB right now. But he is good enough to win if the defense shuts the other team down and any mistakes that he makes are immediately nullified by bad calls from the refs.

Obviously, everyone knew that if Tampa Bay won, then Brady was the automatic MVP, assuming he met the strict criteria of finishing the game with a pulse.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Actually, the Chiefs got screwed by the refs in a big way in this game. They set a first half record for penalty yardage against them that included three bad calls against their secondary.
      There were no bad calls against the Chefs. Just because they get away with PI and defensive holding all year long and holding on the O line just because they are the Chefs. All their penalties were valid and correct. The Chefs melted down and imploded. They lost their cool and self control, that is why they got so many penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        On the bright side, the Chiefs certainly looked horrible tonight. Not a dynasty in the making. Nothing on offense to help against the TB rush. No adjustments and lots of butterfingers. They completely wilted offensively and defensively from the pressure.

brady, on the other hand, thrives in pressure. Dials in. He’ll be back next season.

nothing sour grapes about pointing out the obvious imbalance in flags in the first half and the impact it had on the game. Bucs were the better team no doubt but those were game changers. Reid and his staff didn’t do well. I give him some slack with his son’s situation.
        I thought the game demonstrated that Mahomes is nothing special with a bad OL. To me, that is what Mahomes would look like behind our OL--not all that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

What?
          The Cheifs line was mostly backups with a patchwork oline.and the Bucs were mostly starters. You know that right?

And they have really good starter on that Bucs line.
          And Tampa Bay ran the ball, hit quick screen pasees and short passes and then play action. Which also slows down a pass rush.

Mahomes was running for his life all day The Bucs showed a light box all day.
          And Cheifs were unable to run vs that light box.
          And they kept trying to throw deep into a Bucs D that was playing the pass all day.
          That is a recipe for losing, especially when your playing with a patchwork oline full of backups.

There is no magic. There are no Rats.
          It's football.
          ​​​​​​The healthier and better team won.
          KC's backup OL played poorly, but the game was poorly officiated. Tampa Bay has benefitted significantly from referee calls in two games in a row. And in two games in a row, it did not appear that the game was being called consistently for both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Eric Fisher was out...that didn't help...points to importance of having QUALITY O-line depth...
            I completely agree, but I would settle for us at least having quality OL starters at a minimum.

Comment

KC's backup OL played poorly, but the game was poorly officiated. Tampa Bay has benefitted significantly from referee calls in two games in a row. And in two games in a row, it did not appear that the game was being called consistently for both teams.
              The Chefs were bailed out by the refs play after play. Their O line was holding like mad, there should have been a holding penalty on at least 2/3 of the Chefs passing plays. The refs helped keep the Chefs in the game to make it as close as it was. If not for the refs putting on blinders the game would have been 56-3 or worse.

Comment

• I think there are a lot of Charger fans that don't recognize this. The O-line has been flat out terrible. Worst line in the NFL according to PFF. I know they're not the end all be all. But it gives you an idea where others think of them.

32. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

The Chargers’ offensive line has been among the worst in the NFL for several years now, but they were supposed to be better this season after adding veterans Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga to the right side of the line. At least, they were supposed to be better in theory — that’s not what played out on the field.

Turner and Bulaga both battled through injury-shortened seasons and weren’t effective when they were on the field, either. Bulaga’s 61.6 overall grade ranked 29th at the right tackle position, and Turner came in as the lowest-graded right guard in the entire league by a wide margin (34.8). Those were the veterans who were supposed to raise the floor of what was otherwise a bad unit coming into the year, which made the lack of production from those two players hurt all the more.

Storm Norton came out of the year as Los Angeles’ highest-graded offensive lineman at 65.1 overall. In other words, the offensive line is once again a need for the Chargers.
                YIKES THAT'S A HARD PILL TO SWALLOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

There were no bad calls against the Chefs. Just because they get away with PI and defensive holding all year long and holding on the O line just because they are the Chefs. All their penalties were valid and correct. The Chefs melted down and imploded. They lost their cool and self control, that is why they got so many penalties.
                  The DPI calls were horrible. Evans dove on the long penalty--literally zero or almost zero contact. The defensive hold was not even half of what was allowed to pass all playoffs long, especially if the defender was wearing a Tampa Bay jersey. The DPI against Mathieu was an obviously uncatchable pass.

Mathieu lost his cool as he witnessed the refs giving the game to Tampa Bay and even then what he did should not have been called anything (yet another questionable call).

I hate the Chiefs and Brady both, but the game was not a well officiated game or even anything close to it. It is a contender (along with Seattle versus Pittsburgh) for the worst officiated Super Bowl ever.

Honestly, I hate games that the refs decide instead of the teams and that is what happened today. If Brady loses the two TDs he was given by the refs and adds the INT he threw, the game is completely different and I cannot say which team would have won.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The Chefs were bailed out by the refs play after play. Their O line was holding like mad, there should have been a holding penalty on at least 2/3 of the Chefs passing plays. The refs helped keep the Chefs in the game to make it as close as it was. If not for the refs putting on blinders the game would have been 56-3 or worse.
                    WTF?! That is the craziest take ever.

The Chiefs set a record in the 1st half for most penalty yardage in a Super Bowl with numerous questionable calls against them.

Did you think Game 6 of Kings/Lakers in 2002 was officiated heavily in favor of the Kings?

Comment

I thought the game demonstrated that Mahomes is nothing special with a bad OL. To me, that is what Mahomes would look like behind our OL--not all that good.
                      I didn’t see a lot of the typical mahomes scramble passes luckily getting completed downfield to Kelsey or THill. Also TB defenders were more physical than KC. There you have it folks. Defense can still win championship

Comment

That is ridiculous. The penalties gave the Bucs 14 points. The INT happened when the score was 7-3. KC would have had a chance to take an early lead. The game easily could have been very different absent the Bucs having a large lead.
                        The INT was a horrible call. As were the calls at the end of the half. Huge change in the game. The refs can really have a huge impact in terms of momentum and outcome. The chargers were victims as well

Comment

• Crusher.
                          It's not like you were answering a test question incorrectly. Or being wrong like thinking today was a Saturday when it's Sunday. Making up stuff that didn't happen is called bullshit. Just because you believe your own biased crap doesn't make it less of a turd.

If the refs really wanted to get involved in the game and help Brady and Bucs. Then on the goaline stand. Early in the game, Why not through a defense holding flag and give them a fresh set of downs. You can always find a player grabbing cloth.

After two drives it was obvious the Bucs were dominating the line of scrimmage. And Mahomes was running for his life.

The Bucs were the better team today. And you know it.
                          ​​
                          ​​​​​​
                          Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X