Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my point of view, some of those calls from the first half were bad and do have a big impact on the game. If the Chargers got hit with those, I'd think it'd be BS. KC's defense was completely worn out because that OL couldn't block and the light ref calls kinda kept them on the field. Not saying they would have won, but that game may have been closer going into the 2nd half.

All that said, this is why an OL is so vital. This was only one game and they still had the same QB and same weapons, but their offense looked drastically different because of it. Maybe the best offense I've ever seen looked like they got trampled because of a bad OL going up against a great DL. I mean it makes complete sense to run the defense they did because they could get to Mahomes nearly every time rushing 4 and a run game that now didn't have good enough blocking. I said it before, but every single Mahomes-led Chiefs play-off win had their weapons rushing for over 100 yards and they were not able to do that tonight.

Do not want Herbert to be behind an OL like that. Get quality starters and depth for the franchise QB. That is the first priority, not building some super defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

WTF?! That is the craziest take ever.

The Chiefs set a record in the 1st half for most penalty yardage in a Super Bowl with numerous questionable calls against them.

Did you think Game 6 of Kings/Lakers in 2002 was officiated heavily in favor of the Kings?
      The fact that the Chefs did not get called on blatant holding was a huge help. You only pretend to see bias in one direction and refuse to see the bias in another is really bad today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post

betting the under is usually the smart thing, whenever it seems like everyone is expecting a shootout...... and both these defenses are far better than most think....
        Ended up coming through, too! Between That and the Blue Gatorade and I ended up making money today

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The DPI calls were horrible. Evans dove on the long penalty--literally zero or almost zero contact. The defensive hold was not even half of what was allowed to pass all playoffs long, especially if the defender was wearing a Tampa Bay jersey. The DPI against Mathieu was an obviously uncatchable pass.

Mathieu lost his cool as he witnessed the refs giving the game to Tampa Bay and even then what he did should not have been called anything (yet another questionable call).

I hate the Chiefs and Brady both, but the game was not a well officiated game or even anything close to it. It is a contender (along with Seattle versus Pittsburgh) for the worst officiated Super Bowl ever.

Honestly, I hate games that the refs decide instead of the teams and that is what happened today. If Brady loses the two TDs he was given by the refs and adds the INT he threw, the game is completely different and I cannot say which team would have won.
          The only call that was bad in a sense was the PI call on Mathieu. It should have been called for holding.

Funny you are not bothered at all by all the holding that the Chefs got away with. I guess its ok if the bad calls or non calls go in the Chefs favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The INT was a horrible call. As were the calls at the end of the half. Huge change in the game. The refs can really have a huge impact in terms of momentum and outcome. The chargers were victims as well
            Mahomes was running for his life all day.
            That was the problem for KC 31-9
            ​​​​​The refs did not have 22points worth of questionable calls The Bucs double Tyreek and refused to get beat over the top.
            ​​And Mahomes kept looking for the over the top play. It wasn't there.

The better team today won the game.

Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

Comment

• Mahomes is nothing special?!?!?
              wow. You really believe your own crap?!!?

No QB can do anything if they are running for their life.

You have to be trolling.

If you are serious, then you might have one braincell left lost in the darkness of an empty head. It is that bad for you if you think that take makes any sense.

​​​​​​
              Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Mahomes was running for his life all day.
                That was the problem for KC 31-9
                ​​​​​The refs did not have 22points worth of questionable calls The Bucs double Tyreek and refused to get beat over the top.
                ​​And Mahomes kept looking for the over the top play. It wasn't there.

The better team today won the game.

Agree completely that the better team won today. I don’t have a dog in the fight. I don’t root for either of these teams during the regular season. It’s disheartening for me as a football fan to see multiple stacked bad calls in critical situations. As Charger fans we’ve all lived with it and been bitter about it going way back. I’m still salty about the 4th down PI in Denver that cost us a game. Just hate when the refs become too impactful on questionable calls that only go one way.

Comment

• Brady vibed the win. Young guy vs. old guy. It wasn't even close.

Comment

• I’m glad that we got Herbert but it’s still crazy that only us and Tampa were interested in Brady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      I’m glad that we got Herbert but it’s still crazy that only us and Tampa were interested in Brady.
                      The interest for Brady was just supposing. Wasn't gonna happen. Tampa Bay had something for Brady to build around, a defense and an offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        I’m glad that we got Herbert but it’s still crazy that only us and Tampa were interested in Brady.
                        He sure picked the right team. Stacked with good players on both sides of the ball, a solid HC and killer DC.

Comment

• Has anybody checked on Bill Belichick? Wellness check?

Comment

Working...
                          X