• Show
Clear All

• Belichick was holding TB12 back ?

No wonder Big Ben loves Arians.
    Staley.
    Genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Welp I guess we were one FA signing this season from making the playoffs and winning a superbowl.... The Chargers would have had our core team with Brady, Gronk at TE with Hunter, Brown at WR with Allen, and we would have had Sue in the middle.

Some people think HCing doesn't matter so much however Brady went with the better hc'd team, not with the more talented.... Yep Anthony Lynn cost us Brady, but we gained Herbert. Means nothing if Herbert never wins a bowl...However I am happy today for our future.
      I think the Bucs were more talented than we were. Though the margins were not as big. I also don’t know if HCing is necessarily as big a margin either. I think the other thing that Brady brought was a winning culture. He managed to change a stubborn coach like Arians so he probably could have done it with Lynn also. The biggest issue was our injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The post to which I originally responded discussed the issue of only two teams pursuing Brady. My response was that Brady had finished 12th and then 19th in passer rating in 2018 and 2019, respectively. That is just a fact--no dispute possible.

The point, of course, is that Brady was reasonably viewed as being in decline by most teams.

Beyond that, Brady actually only finished 9th in passer rating this season despite having a loaded offense. Again, his finishing 9th is just a fact.

Brady was not the reason why the Bucs beat New Orleans. Against the Saints, their longest TD drive was 40 yards to go with a 3 yard drive and a 20 yard drive. That was courtesy of 4 turnovers by the Saints. Brady did not even throw for 200 yards in that game.

Against GB, Brady threw 3 INTs and his team still won. You could reasonably argue that Brady was TB's worst player that day.

Against KC, he was gifted 2 TDs and -1 INTs by the refs. His stat line ended up good, but he had a whole lot of help from the officiating crew. He needed a whopping 10 points to get the win, again thanks to a great defensive performance.

Finally, none of know what would have happened with a properly officiated game. KC committed desperation turnovers late and had to go for it on 4th downs. I saw TB score two TDs and a FG all game that were not tainted by bad referee calls. Would KC have scored more if they had the ball back down 7-3? Nobody can say. That is what I hate when officials decide games--it is often the case that we end up never knowing which team would have won.

Do not get me wrong, I believe that Brady has been a great QB over his career. But he was not the main reason for Tampa Bay's success in the playoffs this season. That notion is just ridiculous.
        The post you originally responded to was my post. And yes, you’re right that he was not the main reason. He was definitely ONE of the reasons though.
        Last edited by Xenos; 02-08-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Crusher.
          I don't quote bullshit. But I will respond. And I'm not misrepresenting what you post.
          Your typical post are biased and lacked context. Are exaggerated and cherry picked.
          Any poster that has debate you enough understands this.

who is special behind a bunch of backups on o-line that can't block vs a good pass rush.

Chargers blocked it up better when they played the Bucs.
          And their game plan was better. As they didn't ask Herbert to hold the ball trying to go deep over and over.
          The Chargers had their starting Left Tackle play vs Bucs the Cheifs did not.

Just like you cherry pick the hold on the int by badger for helping the Bucs score a TD.
          But failed to mention that KC stop them for a FG and then committed pre snap penalty and gave them another 1st down before that TD.
          Another of your cherry picked bullshit takes that didnt add context of entire drive for that TD.

And now you put up more exaggerating bullshit. Herbert and Rivers did not have to deal with that amount of pressure every day.
          They have had good oline play at times and for Rivers in certain years it was very good
          and other times they have had poor oline and on some days when it was injured and bad it got destroyed like Cheifs.
          Your point is Rivers had to deal with bad line play every day for over a decade, the same what Mahomes had vs Bucs?
          am I misrepresenting what your point?

So it's just more of your bullshit from you. Rosters don't lie and film does not lie or exaggerate.
          But you certainly are full of crap.

​​​​​​Lets go back over a decade for PR17. 2010. I take it McNeil and Dielman and Hardwick were garbage.
          What about 2018 healthy Okung, healthy Pouncey. Another shitting completely shitty oline as bad as KC was last night that Rivers dealt with everyday.

Is it a problem for you that I call out your bullshit posts that you swear are finely polished turds.
          Maybe try a balanced and accurate take with much more context and maybe I'll stop being such a dick when I see your bullshit.
          But if you cherry picking bullshit post show up again.
          I may just call you out again.
          without quoting your

Bucs won fair and square and you would know it if your take your biased eyes out of your head and go get you some oracle eyes.
          ​​​​​​​

CHEERS!
          No, you misquote things I say and deliberately try to hide it by not quoting me. That has been your standard operating procedure for months now so you can try to hide your poor positions. I am well aware of what you are doing and will call you out every time you do it.

Rivers played behind a statistically below average OL for his last decade as a Charger and that includes 2018. Herbert was the best PFF rated QB under pressure in the entire league in 2020. Herbert has yet to play a down with a good OL player. Most of the OL was backup quality or worse. Turner's PFF rating was under 35! Feeney and Lamp posted numbers under 50. Sam Tevi was only a little bit above 50. Bulaga posted a mediocre number of 61.6. They were arguably the worst OL in the entire NFL.

I did not cherry pick anything from last night's game. The Mathieu INT gave the Chiefs the ball. Anything after the bad defensive holding call on that play represents points that TB would not have scored on that possession not to mention the potential taking of points away from the Chiefs.

The Bucs also benefitted hugely from additional bad calls against the secondary of the Chiefs. The replay shows that the Bucs picked up 34 yards when Evans dove and picked up a pass interference call. You can try to argue all day that with 20 or so seconds left and one timeout, Tampa Bay would have scored a TD anyway from their own 42, but that is a pretty weak argument. Clearly, the 34 yard DPI penalty was the primary reason why Tampa Bay scored a TD on their final first half possession. And the impact of that bad call was reinforced by the DPI call against Mathieu on the uncatchable pass in the end zone.

Dielman was a good player that last played in 2011. McNeill had great potential, but injuries cut his career short. He was not the same player after 2007 that he was in his first two seasons. We have not had a consistently good guard or tackle since those two players. We have not had a good RT since before Rivers' time. We have not had a consistently good LT since 2007. We have not had a good RG since Goff in 2008. Hardwick was never great, but he was solid. He would not hurt the team, but would not carry the OL either. Pouncey and Okung each had one good year, but not enough to transform the crap that was the rest of the OL.

Finally, I have never stated that the Bucs would not have won the game if the correct calls had been made. All I have stated is that the poor officiating has prevented us from knowing which team would have won. Your previous suggestion that we know that TB would have won anyway is ridiculous. Either team could have won if the correct calls had been made. The calls were a huge factor in the game--completely changed it.

Comment

• Very interesting commentary by Mac....should we be shopping for our own dream team players for next year....boys we got a live one here with Herbert, Bosa, and James....Don't miss the Train!

My choice for #13 in this years draft....

1) Two top CB's Farley or Surtain
            2) Te Te if the two above are not available
            3) Trade down if all three are not available and we have a motivated trade partner and then draft your oline.

Otherwise I have visions of Fluker in my mind?!?!?!?1

Comment

• No need to sell out on short term success.
              we have core pieces in Herbert, James, Bosa, Allen, and Murray
              Find a foundational piece on the OL to build around and we’ll compete annually

กกก SI SE SEWELL !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                No need to sell out on short term success.
                we have core pieces in Herbert, James, Bosa, Allen, and Murray
                Find a foundational piece on the OL to build around and we’ll compete annually
                All young players except for Allen, but despite playing 8 seasons Allen is still under 30. Bosa is 26 but the other 3 are under 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

It was interesting to see that. Also, it is interesting to see that the key to slowing the Chiefs down is limiting Hill above all else.
                  We've never had problems with Kelce. Hill is the one who causes the most trouble.

I think a lot of corners asked their coaches to take Hill one-on-one. I notice the egos players have. There were footages of Chiefs games I saw where the corners take him on by themselves.

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think the Bucs were more talented than we were. Though the margins were not as big. I also don’t know if HCing is necessarily as big a margin either. I think the other thing that Brady brought was a winning culture. He managed to change a stubborn coach like Arians so he probably could have done it with Lynn also. The biggest issue was our injuries.
                  This team always get injured. Besides, teams are always going to have season where a portion of their expected roster be injured. The good teams finds ways to overcome them and find players to fill the void of the players who go down. I think you know about the 2010 Packers and the more recent championship Patriots teams.

Lynn was stubborn as a mule. He clung too much to his running philosophy. Also, he was too loyal. He was loyal to Stewart and to some players over others. His judgement in talent was questionable at times, and his decision making were awful. This is what hindered the team from doing better and maximizing their potential. A lot of people say what a great person/man Lynn was and all that jazz. He deflected the blame off of himself and put the blame on others for the team's failures. Certain people on the team got fed up with his ways. So no, I don't think Brady would have changed Lynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velo View Post

All young players except for Allen, but despite playing 8 seasons Allen is still under 30. Bosa is 26 but the other 3 are under 25.
                    Exactly. Allen and Bosa are paid too
                    กกก SI SE SEWELL !!!

Comment

• WTF!?!?
                      Brady threw for 40TDs and 12ints.
                      And 3 rush TDs. In regular season.
                      They aren't even in playoff without him.

In wildcard game he threw for 381yd and 2TD 0int.

Next rd 199 2TD and 0 Int. 1 rush TD.

He had an up a down game vs Green Bay.
                      Only playoff game he turn the ball over
                      280yd 3TD 3int.

And then he threw for 200 and 3TD 0int vs KC.

They score 30 or 31 in every game.
                      Got TDs instead of FG when in the redzone.

So 4 Games. 1060yd 10TD and 3Int. 1 rush TD.

Over 16 games that would be 4240yd 40TD 12Int. 4 rush TD.

All 4 playoff opponent had a top 10 scoring defense.

In a QB driven league. The man who has been to the Superbowl 10 times and has won 7 of them .......was not main reason for Tampa Bay success in the playoffs. Really?!?!

Another.....Bullshit Crusher take. Good grief you are so biased that you are actually making yourself dumber with each polished turd you post.

Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

Comment

• More Bullshit Crusher.
                        if you feel it so vital that everyone see your post that im not quoting, they can read the thread.
                        And if you want it right next to my words, then put your original quote back into my post your fucking self.

You act like you can predict the future. You can't.
                        Let say they don't throw the flag and the badger interception stood. You have no idea what happens next.
                        For all you know the next play is a pick 6 or strip sack fumble scoop and score. The game played out like it did. No other way. So anything else is hypothetical.
                        The refs had no impact on who won. And the problems you had with officiating are subjective and arbitrary. Not facts.
                        The ref called PI, you say it was bad call, other say it was a legit call. It is subjective. You fucking act like your opinion is fact.
                        That each opinion of your is exactly what is true. It is not.

It is my opinion the Brady was the reason they went to playoffs and on a superbowl run and won the superbowl.
                        Not the only reason because its a team game, everyone knows its a team game.
                        But in a QB driven league, he is the most important position on the field. And is THE MAIN REASON they are Champions today.

Go ahead, cherry pick some stats and try to act like any QB could have gone to Tampa Bay and did what Tom did.

Next thing I know you, will be telling me how Jordan was not the main reason the Bulls won titles.

I think I get dumber every time I read your bullshit.

Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          More Bullshit Crusher.
                          if you feel it so vital that everyone see your post that im not quoting, they can read the thread.
                          And if you want it right next to my words, then put your original quote back into my post your fucking self.

You act like you can predict the future. You can't.
                          Let say they don't throw the flag and the badger interception stood. You have no idea what happens next.
                          For all you know the next play is a pick 6 or strip sack fumble scoop and score. The game played out like it did. No other way. So anything else is hypothetical.
                          The refs had no impact on who won. And the problems you had with officiating are subjective and arbitrary. Not facts.
                          The ref called PI, you say it was bad call, other say it was a legit call. It is subjective. You fucking act like your opinion is fact.
                          That each opinion of your is exactly what is true. It is not.

It is my opinion the Brady was the reason they went to playoffs and on a superbowl run and won the superbowl.
                          Not the only reason because its a team game, everyone knows its a team game.
                          But in a QB driven league, he is the most important position on the field. And is THE MAIN REASON they are Champions today.

Go ahead, cherry pick some stats and try to act like any QB could have gone to Tampa Bay and did what Tom did.

Next thing I know you, will be telling me how Jordan was not the main reason the Bulls won titles.

I think I get dumber every time I read your bullshit.

You forgot to mention that he's your favorite poster and like him a lot!
                          Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

Comment

Working...
                          X