X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We've never had problems with Kelce. Hill is the one who causes the most trouble.

I think a lot of corners asked their coaches to take Hill one-on-one. I notice the egos players have. There were footages of Chiefs games I saw where the corners take him on by themselves.

This team always get injured. Besides, teams are always going to have season where a portion of their expected roster be injured. The good teams finds ways to overcome them and find players to fill the void of the players who go down. I think you know about the 2010 Packers and the more recent championship Patriots teams.

Lynn was stubborn as a mule. He clung too much to his running philosophy. Also, he was too loyal. He was loyal to Stewart and to some players over others. His judgement in talent was questionable at times, and his decision making were awful. This is what hindered the team from doing better and maximizing their potential. A lot of people say what a great person/man Lynn was and all that jazz. He deflected the blame off of himself and put the blame on others for the team's failures. Certain people on the team got fed up with his ways. So no, I don't think Brady would have changed Lynn.
    Are these certain people important in the grand scheme of things? We all know his failings. No need to make up nonsense that’s not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Are these certain people important in the grand scheme of things? We all know his failings. No need to make up nonsense that’s not true.
      The front office certainly got fed up with his ways...

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

What "holding" are you talking about? I have seen the replays now of the plays in question and they were even worse call than I thought they were. I did not see a single bad call in favor of the Chiefs.

Again, I do not like either team, so it is not like I am watching a Chargers game and someone could say that I have a bias in favor of one team. And there have been many articles that seem to have noted people seeing the exact same thing that I saw. Because of that, I think your bias argument is pretty weak.
        Bad non calls are just as bad or worse that bad calls. As bad as the Chefs line was yesterday, there was blatant holding on almost every play that should have been called on them. If you did not see any non calls go in the Chefs favor then what can I say other than you did not watch the game at all, and therefore have no legitimate opinion on the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
          I don't really know if this was necessarily a blueprint to beat the Chiefs, especially if they reload and resolve their OL.

This was more like a perfect storm to beat the Chiefs: Mahomes's foot, injured OL up relying on backups vs the best defensive line in the league and going against Tom Brady.
          Here, let me share the 3 step blueprint almost any team can use.

1. Double Tyreek Hill
          2. Double Travis Kelce
          3. Recreate Tampa's QB pressure via blitzing Mahomes all day long.

Dare them to beat you with receivers like Sammy Watkins while Mahomes is running for his life and you have an excellent chance of winning.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Bad non calls are just as bad or worse that bad calls. As bad as the Chefs line was yesterday, there was blatant holding on almost every play that should have been called on them. If you did not see any non calls go in the Chefs favor then what can I say other than you did not watch the game at all, and therefore have no legitimate opinion on the game.
            True. I agree that some calls were just plain bad against the Chiefs, but I also saw a few non calls and I wasn’t even trying, I’m admittedly a ball watcher during live games and this game had a lot of non calls, specifically on the Chiefs that stuck out to me.
            The female ref specifically is pretty damn horrible, no offense to dames, but she’s either blind or not experienced enough. If she’s the same one that was in the Bucs Packers game then that’s pretty bad.

Anyway, Chiefs remind me the the later days of the Legion of Boom. As in it looks like their in-game strategy is to blatantly commit penalties on almost every play to pressure the refs into normalizing it; kinda like widening the strike zone.
            anyone remember Richard sherman grabbing guys 15 yards downfield? After a while, refs just accepted that as his playing style haha

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, did KC get hosed? Ya, but not as much as they could have. And you’re not supposed to lose your composure in the first quarter haha pathetic
            Brenden Jaimes: Nebraska's 2019 most valuable offensive player

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The front office certainly got fed up with his ways...
              Except that has nothing to do with what the poster was saying or implying.

Comment

• Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Here, let me share the 3 step blueprint almost any team can use.

1. Double Tyreek Hill
                2. Double Travis Kelce
                3. Recreate Tampa's QB pressure via blitzing Mahomes all day long.

Dare them to beat you with receivers like Sammy Watkins while Mahomes is running for his life and you have an excellent chance of winning.
                But the Bucs didn’t blitz Mahomes all day long. Maybe 4 or 5 times. Basically the same amount that Bradley would do. They got away with it because their front seven could generate pressure, and also created the illusion of a blitz without actually blitzing. Not many teams have the personnel to do what Bowles did last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  WTF!?!?
                  Brady threw for 40TDs and 12ints.
                  And 3 rush TDs. In regular season.
                  They aren't even in playoff without him.

In wildcard game he threw for 381yd and 2TD 0int.

Next rd 199 2TD and 0 Int. 1 rush TD.

He had an up a down game vs Green Bay.
                  Only playoff game he turn the ball over
                  280yd 3TD 3int.

And then he threw for 200 and 3TD 0int vs KC.

They score 30 or 31 in every game.
                  Got TDs instead of FG when in the redzone.

So 4 Games. 1060yd 10TD and 3Int. 1 rush TD.

Over 16 games that would be 4240yd 40TD 12Int. 4 rush TD.

All 4 playoff opponent had a top 10 scoring defense.

In a QB driven league. The man who has been to the Superbowl 10 times and has won 7 of them .......was not main reason for Tampa Bay success in the playoffs. Really?!?!

Another.....Bullshit Crusher take. Good grief you are so biased that you are actually making yourself dumber with each polished turd you post.

Brady finished 9th in passer rating with a roster that is loaded at every skill position (besides QB). His production stats were high because he was 2nd in passing attempts. His quality of performance was good (9th), not great with a roster loaded at the skill positions (other than QB).

Probably half of the league's starters would have taken Tampa Bay to the playoffs this season. 9-7 would have put them into the playoffs. It could have been 8-8, if the other QB did not throw the ball away on 4th down to lose the game against CHI like Brady did.

They played 9 teams with a losing record and two more with a .500 record. In 2019, the team went 7-9 even with Winston personally turning the ball over 39 times. And they added Wirfs, Fournette, Brown, Gronkowski, Vea and Winfield, plus their young players had another year to develop.

More than half pf the QBs would have won the Super Bowl based upon the defense's performance. The QB might have had to have been slightly better than Trent Dilfer, but a mid level Eli Manning type QB likely would have gotten them there. In addition to having Evans, Godwin, Brown, Miller, Gronk, Howard (earlier in the season), Fournette and Jones, after struggling early, the Bucs finished 6th in defense and 8th in points allowed. The OL is good as well. The notion that Brady was the primary cause of their success is laughable.

As usual, you are wrong about the scoring defenses of TB's opponents. Green Bay was not a top 10 scoring defense and KC was only tied for 10th.

Brady was 22-40 against a weak 7-9 WAS team and the Bucs were only ahead 18-16 entering the 4th quarter despite WAS using their fourth string QB.

Against New Orleans, his TD drives were 3 yards, 20 yards and 40 yards. The story in that game was 4 New Orleans turnovers caused by the defense. Brady failed even to throw for 200 yards. Brady failed to produce even one TD drive of more than 40 yards. If TB had to go the whole field, the best they could do was a FG in the entire game.

Against Green Bay, Brady was arguably the worst player on the field for Tampa Bay. He threw 3 INTs and Green Bay dropped a 4th one.

Against KC, Brady most certainly did throw an INT, but the refs saved his behind with an awful penalty call. Referee calls changed Brady's line from 1 TD, 1 INT and less than 200 yards of nothingness to 3 TDs and no INTs with just over 200 yards. His numbers are tainted and unimpressive under those circumstances.

And of course, your post finishes on the worst argument in all of sports. Being on a Super Bowl winning team simply does not establish anything about the overall level of performance of that QB. Trent Dilfer was not as good as or better than Dan Marino. Eli Manning was not as good as or better than Philip Rivers. Jim Plunkett and Terry Bradshaw were not as good as or better than Dan Fouts.

Brady has been an all time great QB. But that is because his numbers say he is, not because his teams, which almost always played in a weak division and usually had first round byes, reached many Super Bowls. This season is the only season that a team with Tom Brady on it reached the Super Bowl without a first round bye. Their non-bye game this year, of course, was against a 7-9 WAS team using its 4th string QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

True. I agree that some calls were just plain bad against the Chiefs, but I also saw a few non calls and I wasn’t even trying, I’m admittedly a ball watcher during live games and this game had a lot of non calls, specifically on the Chiefs that stuck out to me.
                    The female ref specifically is pretty damn horrible, no offense to dames, but she’s either blind or not experienced enough. If she’s the same one that was in the Bucs Packers game then that’s pretty bad.

Anyway, Chiefs remind me the the later days of the Legion of Boom. As in it looks like their in-game strategy is to blatantly commit penalties on almost every play to pressure the refs into normalizing it; kinda like widening the strike zone.
                    anyone remember Richard sherman grabbing guys 15 yards downfield? After a while, refs just accepted that as his playing style haha

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, did KC get hosed? Ya, but not as much as they could have. And you’re not supposed to lose your composure in the first quarter haha pathetic
                    You hit the nail on the head. Much better than I did.

Comment

• Booger says Lavonte covered Kelce like a blanket 1 on 1. Hi Derwin.

Now Tyreek. See Staley concepts.
                      Staley.
                      Genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        More Bullshit Crusher.
                        if you feel it so vital that everyone see your post that im not quoting, they can read the thread.
                        And if you want it right next to my words, then put your original quote back into my post your fucking self.

You act like you can predict the future. You can't.
                        Let say they don't throw the flag and the badger interception stood. You have no idea what happens next.
                        For all you know the next play is a pick 6 or strip sack fumble scoop and score. The game played out like it did. No other way. So anything else is hypothetical.
                        The refs had no impact on who won. And the problems you had with officiating are subjective and arbitrary. Not facts.
                        The ref called PI, you say it was bad call, other say it was a legit call. It is subjective. You fucking act like your opinion is fact.
                        That each opinion of your is exactly what is true. It is not.

It is my opinion the Brady was the reason they went to playoffs and on a superbowl run and won the superbowl.
                        Not the only reason because its a team game, everyone knows its a team game.
                        But in a QB driven league, he is the most important position on the field. And is THE MAIN REASON they are Champions today.

Go ahead, cherry pick some stats and try to act like any QB could have gone to Tampa Bay and did what Tom did.

Next thing I know you, will be telling me how Jordan was not the main reason the Bulls won titles.

I think I get dumber every time I read your bullshit.

I have repeatedly stated the exact opposite of what you are suggesting in the bolded language. Seriously, how can read my posts and then suggest that I said something that was the exact opposite of what I said?

I have repeatedly stated that had the game been officiated correctly, nobody knows who would have won. You are the one that has stated that the Bucs would have won anyway, which is horse manure. That is you, not me, thinking you can predict the future.

I guarantee you that if there is a turnover that ends with a dead ball in the field of play and not in an end zone (as happened with the Mathieu INT), the team that turned the ball over does not score on that possession. That is a fact.

Also, your analysis of "facts" is absurd. Judgment calls can be objectively bad. That is why we have instant replay. Just because a ref made a judgment does not mean that the ref was correct. Here, based upon the many articles that have surfaced, it appears that the vast majority of people believe that that call was bad.

Your opinion about Brady is crap. Like so many of your offerings, it is simply not well thought out. Again 7-9 with 39 turnovers from Jameis last year and the team adds Wirfs, Brown, Gronkowski, Fournette, Vea and Winfield and their good young starters have one more year of experience. 9-7 has them in the playoffs, maybe 8-8 if the other QB does not throw the ball away on 4th down to lose the game against CHI like Brady did. TB played 9 teams with a losing record and two other teams with a .500 record. With even an average QB, a team that loaded is going to get 9 wins.

I have already demonstrated how Brady was not so great in the playoffs and how the defense was the key factor in multiple playoff wins. Like Eli Manning in 2007, Brady managed (though just barely) not to screw up the great defensive playoff run he was given.

And if it is any consolation, I agree with your assessment regarding the lower bolded portion of your post.
                        Last edited by chaincrusher; 02-09-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• You have repeatedly stated had the game been officiated correctly nobody knows who would have won the game?!?!?!?

And you have demonstrated how Brady wasn't good in playoff?!?!?

​​​​​Oh my! Wow!
                          I can't even.
                          If you knew what I thought now about your opinion after that statement. It's not nice at all.
                          Please stop or I'll post it.
                          Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X