Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers @ Texans Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion ( Wk 16)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Every game has the if but for this or that excuses. I could make many similar points. Fact is they did not beat KC. But hey you are entitled to your opinion. See you guys in the play offs. Should be fun.
    But Chief fans were absolutely not saying that after losing the first game.

A third game between KC and the Chargers would be epic, but in typical Charger fashion we made that a reach now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Ah. I guess falling flat on their face didn't count. All 11 on Defense looked like they were trying to fuck air at a circus.
      Laugh of the day, thanks bro!

Comment

Every game has the if but for this or that excuses. I could make many similar points. Fact is they did not beat KC. But hey you are entitled to your opinion. See you guys in the play offs. Should be fun.
        Chargers (& their fans) right now are in no position to start mouthing off about how they should have beat K.C.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chargers (& their fans) right now are in no position to start mouthing off about how they should have beat K.C.
          I know how this feels. KC was once the one and done team. That sucked big time. With Herbert the Chargers success is just a matter of time. I think he is a better QB than Mahomes. At least his skill set. The key will be winning the big games. I think your coach will be a winner. Needs a little experience and maybe some humble pie. Going on 4th down was questionable against KC. Of course if it had worked he would be a hero. I have no doubt the KC - Charger rivalry is just starting and will last a decade or more. I live in South Orange County and have many Charger fans and friends.

Comment

No mouthing off. Just they way it is.

Comment

I know how this feels. KC was once the one and done team. That sucked big time. With Herbert the Chargers success is just a matter of time. I think he is a better QB than Mahomes. At least his skill set. The key will be winning the big games. I think your coach will be a winner. Needs a little experience and maybe some humble pie. Going on 4th down was questionable against KC. Of course if it had worked he would be a hero. I have no doubt the KC - Charger rivalry is just starting and will last a decade or more. I live in South Orange County and have many Charger fans and friends.
              There are no dominant NFL teams and there really have not been for many years. Just about any team with a playoff ticket can win it all. Unlike some, I do not think a Charger playoff team needs to be one and done. Hell, if our 2013 team can win a playoff team and come within a made 3rd down and 17 of having a chance to get to the AFCCG, then anything can happen and this year's Charger team is far better than the 2013 team (which had no run blocking, pass blocking, running game, run defense or pass defense, but could possess the ball for an eternity with long, time consuming drives featuring short, well controlled passes from Rivers).

All of Staley's decisions except possibly one were correct and even the one I am considering as possibly being not correct (at the end of the first half) may have been correct, but I am not sure. It has to do with the change in win probability when the opponent will not have the ball deep in its own end following the FG miss because the half is about to expire. I believe that actually decreases the value of going for it because forcing a team to start a drive deep in its own territory actually has a negative expected points value, which is absent when the half expires.

But whether correct or not, the correct decision does not always work out just like a bad decision can occasionally produce an unexpected great result.

I think I know what you saying when you discuss QB skillsets. I was at the game in KC this year and to me, admittedly someone who is as pro-Herbert as anyone, I thought that from a physical standpoint, there was no comparison between the QBs. Herbert was just physically better than Mahomes and threw better passes in general. Mahomes was great when allowed to venture outside of the pocket, but in the pocket, his game honestly is not all that special.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

No mouthing off. Just they way it is.
                The way it is is that we are on the outside looking in.
                Lose one of the next two games, and any conversation about the breaks KC got is moot.

Comment

There are no dominant NFL teams and there really have not been for many years. Just about any team with a playoff ticket can win it all. Unlike some, I do not think a Charger playoff team needs to be one and done. Hell, if our 2013 team can win a playoff team and come within a made 3rd down and 17 of having a chance to get to the AFCCG, then anything can happen and this year's Charger team is far better than the 2013 team (which had no run blocking, pass blocking, running game, run defense or pass defense, but could possess the ball for an eternity with long, time consuming drives featuring short, well controlled passes from Rivers).

All of Staley's decisions except possibly one were correct and even the one I am considering as possibly being not correct (at the end of the first half) may have been correct, but I am not sure. It has to do with the change in win probability when the opponent will not have the ball deep in its own end following the FG miss because the half is about to expire. I believe that actually decreases the value of going for it because forcing a team to start a drive deep in its own territory actually has a negative expected points value, which is absent when the half expires.

But whether correct or not, the correct decision does not always work out just like a bad decision can occasionally produce an unexpected great result.

I think I know what you saying when you discuss QB skillsets. I was at the game in KC this year and to me, admittedly someone who is as pro-Herbert as anyone, I thought that from a physical standpoint, there was no comparison between the QBs. Herbert was just physically better than Mahomes and threw better passes in general. Mahomes was great when allowed to venture outside of the pocket, but in the pocket, his game honestly is not all that special.
                  'fanatic' has no conception of the deadly peril he is in.

Comment

The way it is is that we are on the outside looking in.
                    Lose one of the next two games, and any conversation about the breaks KC got is moot.
                    We can get in at 9-8. Hell, there are scenarios in which we can clinch a playoff spot with both MIA and BAL finishing 9-8 before kickoff time for our week 18 game against LV, allowing us to rest players. That is how much things can change for us in a short period of time.

We are rated as having the highest probability of securing the #7 seed. Yes, we need help and it might not happen or we may crap the bed, but if the expected results happen based upon which teams are favored, then we will get into the playoffs. LAR is supposed to beat BAL. TEN is supposed to beat MIA. We are supposed to beat DEN. If those things happen, we are sitting at #7 with control of our own playoff destiny with a game against a likely eliminated LV team.

Hopefully, we will get some players back and have most of our guys against DEN.

Comment

YEP

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

You are already pissing people off with 100% spanos BS.
                        Well, that's a bit exaggerated. I think it's maybe you and one other guy. And maybe, the San Diego Chicken, but he doesn't get a vote anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyboltfan View Post

Well, that's a bit exaggerated. I think it's maybe you and one other guy. And maybe, the San Diego Chicken, but he doesn't get a vote anymore...

No one minds cheap or valid shots against Spanos:
                          especially during losses they're fair game.

With you, its like a big scab that you insist on picking: win or lose (mostly lose) you were there (on the other site) to preach fatalism.
                          I'm not certain what good you imagine you were accomplishing other than
                          to irritate people, and kick them in the nuts when they were down.

Maybe, a little tact might make your bitter 'realism' easier to swallow.

Comment

Working...
                          X