Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Velo View Post

    Ekeler is the best Chargers UDFA ever, behind Gates. Agree or disagree? Do you rank Dielman even better? I can see that. What about Floyd? I loved Floyd and he is one of the best UDFA finds for this team ever. But I think Ekeler is even better. Adrian Phillips was also a UDFA, he blossomed into a really good player for the Chargers, the Belichick stole him away. He just signed a new contract in NE. Gary Plummer, a superb LB for the Chargers in the late '80s and early '90s, was also a UDFA. He played his first several seasons with the Chargers, then went to the Niners, just in time to help SF beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.
    Gates is by far #1 and will be a HOfer. Ekeler probably number 2. Floyd somewhere in there but he never had a great season and was injured a lot.

    Phillips I believe is a free agent after the season. At least it shows that last I looked in the FA pool on Sportrac.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

      Gates is by far #1 and will be a HOfer. Ekeler probably number 2. Floyd somewhere in there but he never had a great season and was injured a lot.

      Phillips I believe is a free agent after the season. At least it shows that last I looked in the FA pool on Sportrac.
      https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...year-extension

      Comment


      • So just very recently. And good for him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

          Gates is by far #1 and will be a HOfer. Ekeler probably number 2. Floyd somewhere in there but he never had a great season and was injured a lot.

          Phillips I believe is a free agent after the season. At least it shows that last I looked in the FA pool on Sportrac.
          Yeah, Gates in his prime may be the best UDFA ever in the entire league, not just the Chargers. Eke is solidifying his place as #2, none of the other mentions approach what he is doing or what he means.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Velo View Post

            Ekeler is the best Chargers UDFA ever, behind Gates. Agree or disagree? Do you rank Dielman even better? I can see that. What about Floyd? I loved Floyd and he is one of the best UDFA finds for this team ever. But I think Ekeler is even better. Adrian Phillips was also a UDFA, he blossomed into a really good player for the Chargers, the Belichick stole him away. He just signed a new contract in NE. Gary Plummer, a superb LB for the Chargers in the late '80s and early '90s, was also a UDFA. He played his first several seasons with the Chargers, then went to the Niners, just in time to help SF beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.
            Gates is #1 and it’s not close.

            I’d still put Dielman #2, but Ekeler can get there if he stacks more seasons like this one. Remember, from 2006 onward, Dielman was one of the best interior offensive linemen in football. Ekeler has rushed for less than 3,000 yards in his career thus far. He may eventually eclipse Dielman, but it’s gonna take a few years of high level production.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

              Yeah, Gates in his prime may be the best UDFA ever in the entire league, not just the Chargers. Eke is solidifying his place as #2, none of the other mentions approach what he is doing or what he means.
              Kurt Warner won two MVPs, so he’s probably #1. Night Train Lane, John Randle, Emlen Tunnell, Warren Moon, Lou Groza, Willie Wood, and Willie Brown are all up there. But Gates is definitely on the list.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Parcells View Post

                Gates is #1 and it’s not close.

                I’d still put Dielman #2, but Ekeler can get there if he stacks more seasons like this one. Remember, from 2006 onward, Dielman was one of the best interior offensive linemen in football. Ekeler has rushed for less than 3,000 yards in his career thus far. He may eventually eclipse Dielman, but it’s gonna take a few years of high level production.
                Yes, Gates is far and above the best UDFA the Chargers ever had. No question. I get you on ranking Dielman above Ekeler at this point, and you may be right. Dielman was in the Pro Bowl for four consecutive years, 2007-10. He was also a 2nd team All Pro twice. What Ekeler does is more quantifiable and seeable on the field. But Dielman was a crucial member of the OL that helped propel LT to record heights and was one of the best in the league.

                Comment


                • I forgot about Dielman. I'd put him ahead if Ekeler too.

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                      Lol!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Parcells View Post

                        Kurt Warner won two MVPs, so he’s probably #1. Night Train Lane, John Randle, Emlen Tunnell, Warren Moon, Lou Groza, Willie Wood, and Willie Brown are all up there. But Gates is definitely on the list.
                        I thought of Warner, and would agree its a very fair debate. Moon was also very good and HOF member. I don’t put any of the others before AG.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X