Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers/Chiefs Fiesta @ Azteca GDT (Wk11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoMoreChillies
    replied
    Originally posted by Caslon View Post

The Chiefs bottled up the run game inside the red zone 3 straight times.
    what run game?

The one where Rivers pass to Allen on 5yrd line?

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
    How the fuck does Telesco manage to be so bad at drafting OL? Seriously, Pipkins might be the worst OL I’ve ever seen on the Chargers and that’s saying something considering how awful the line has been over the years.

Such a stupid ass pick at the time too. Telesco and his desire to try and outsmart others has never worked.

How does Telesco survive all this? Guy should not be allowed to do another draft based on his draft record for players in the trenches alone.
    Pipkins was baaad the first half, but improved the second half. He finally was able to keep their edge rusher from getting to Rivers so easily

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
    We were running it down their throats at the outset and then the plan is to win the game through the air? WTF??? This is just plain madness. I'm afraid the inmates are running the asylum. Time to blow this whole team up and start anew. Good game, Joey.
    The Chiefs bottled up the run game inside the red zone 3 straight times.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    How the fuck does Telesco manage to be so bad at drafting OL? Seriously, Pipkins might be the worst OL I’ve ever seen on the Chargers and that’s saying something considering how awful the line has been over the years.

Such a stupid ass pick at the time too. Telesco and his desire to try and outsmart others has never worked.

How does Telesco survive all this? Guy should not be allowed to do another draft based on his draft record for players in the trenches alone.

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    Andre Patton. As a replacement for Travis Benjamin, man, he isn't a very good one so far. Holding call away from a run play as a WR? He dropped a pass right to him. If he's a speedstar, he didn't get much separation on any on those bombs from Rivers. He's been underwhelming in previous games as well. I wouldn't mind someone from the practice squad being given a chance.

King had one of his worst games as a PR.
    Last edited by Caslon; 11-19-2019, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Berserker76
    replied
    We were running it down their throats at the outset and then the plan is to win the game through the air? WTF??? This is just plain madness. I'm afraid the inmates are running the asylum. Time to blow this whole team up and start anew. Good game, Joey.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think it's more decision making and mechanics due to pressure (or perceived pressure at times). That long pass to Williams on the last drive was a thing of beauty and perfectly placed - plenty of arm strength. But there are too many hurried throws where he seems to have poor footwork. It's not like Manning at the end in Denver where he had to wind up to pas be s the ball 20 yards downfield.
    so you are like me..... If Rivers had even an average OL...... he would be unstoppable...... with worst OL.... it would destroy any QB......

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I would almost agree with that, but like ive asked a few times...... were Rivers picks due to bad decisions? or to bad arm ....like under throwing or over throwing?????

if not then Rivers is not he prob lem.....somde of his throws on first two drives were as perfect as possible.....along with great catches.......
    I think it's more decision making and mechanics due to pressure (or perceived pressure at times). That long pass to Williams on the last drive was a thing of beauty and perfectly placed - plenty of arm strength. But there are too many hurried throws where he seems to have poor footwork. It's not like Manning at the end in Denver where he had to wind up to pass the ball 20 yards downfield.

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    I'm agreeing it was on Rivers to toss it higher as he had two more downs to try. I'm unaccustomed to seeing Rivers taking those chances this season. If he intended that the pass be higher and catchable only by the receiver, then he's clearly lost his touch. If he gambled for the win tossing it less higher, it's may be time. Knowing that Ekeler is only 5'10", he should have tossed it higher for one of those miracle catches. Ekeler isn't even tall enough for that, tho!
    Last edited by Caslon; 11-18-2019, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    Let Rivers out to pasture slowly. The rest of this season. The Giants did that with Eli the season before being permanently benched. Rivers will graciously bow out, unlike Manning.
    I would almost agree with that, but like ive asked a few times...... were Rivers picks due to bad decisions? or to bad arm ....like under throwing or over throwing?????

if not then Rivers is not he prob lem.....somde of his throws on first two drives were as perfect as possible.....along with great catches.......

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    Let Rivers out to pasture slowly. The rest of this season. The Giants did that with Eli the season before being permanently benched. Rivers will graciously bow out, unlike Manning.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ekeler wasn’t open. Throw it away and live to make another game ending INT
    question....was the bqll throwN way short???..... or was it as bed decision???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X