Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers/Chiefs Fiesta @ Azteca GDT (Wk11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

The OL gave him plenty of time the last 2 drives. Why wasn't he unstoppable then?

The fact that you put none of the blame on Old Man Rivers is laughable BS.
    Straight madness the same Oline that sucks was the same Oline that gave hime time especially on the last drive 11 plays just one penalty for a false start and no sacks so what part isn't Rivers fault, and he made some bad throws and that bomb to Mike Williams was more about Mike Williams than Philip Rivers.

Some are blinded by their love for Rivers to see things objectively. Yes plenty of blame to go around but that last drive Rivers had the INT and several ill advised throws.

Comment

• I would much rather have Rivers throwing desperation passes to Josh Gordon than Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        I would much rather have Rivers throwing desperation passes to Josh Gordon than Patton
        I agree, but that is no the team that we are... meanwhile, Gordon is making huge first down catches at crucial times in SEA....

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          I would much rather have Rivers throwing desperation passes to Josh Gordon than Patton
          problem is, Rivers wouldnt throw it to Josh Gordon, he would look for jump balls to the shortest guy on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

This ... everyone can hate on Rivers ... the last pick was his worse as the first wasn't his fault, the second in my opinion was a great play by Honey Badger, the 3rd was a punt or bad play call the last was horrible throwing a jump ball to the shortest player on both teams ... but ...
            I dont understand this thought of throwing an INT as a punt? How about getting a shorter completion and then trying the next down to get the 1st down? I thought at that time that it was 4-down time anyways. He had 3 LEGIT INTs...I'll give him the first one was a bit flukey. But in actuallity honey badger had one hit him right in the chest and he dropped it...so that kinda evens out his INT count to a solid 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by foreigner View Post
              My Theory on Rivers? that SD-LA Road Trip has taken a toll on him.
              This is an interesting point of view. Possibly a bigger factor than someone would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by jubei View Post

I dont understand this thought of throwing an INT as a punt? How about getting a shorter completion and then trying the next down to get the 1st down? I thought at that time that it was 4-down time anyways. He had 3 LEGIT INTs...I'll give him the first one was a bit flukey. But in actuallity honey badger had one hit him right in the chest and he dropped it...so that kinda evens out his INT count to a solid 4.
                If they would have passed short, they would have punted if they had not gotten a first down.

Comment

• I hear we have opened as 4 point underdogs to the bye week. I have faith that this is THE week.........

Comment

• Now that the dust has settled, a few shout outs:

Great pick by Jenkins. Super athletic play.
                    Crucial push by Thomas Davis to get Kelce out of bounds before he could get his second foot down. Forced KC to settle for a FG instead of 1st and goal at the 12.
                    Ingram was great in the 4th when the D was getting the ball back to the O. That penalty that negated the KC fumble was an absolute killer.
                    Gordon again looked decisive running the ball.
                    Ekeler again was effective catching balls out of the back field.
                    MW's catch at the end was stellar.
                    Bosa was solid if unspectacular.
                    Casey Hayward is very quietly having a pro bowl season.
                    The defense held Mahomes to 63 yards passing in the first half? I didnt think that was possible.

Comment

• All in all tho another game we should have won. So many mistakes by this team. Still KC lost Hill, both their RB’s and still beat us

Comment

• Originally posted by jubei View Post

I believe the one that hit Honey Badger in the chest was also elbow hit by the D. A punt would have went just as far a down later I don't mind on third down going for a homerun because if caught great, if picked it's the same result as what would have been the following down.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

problem is, Rivers wouldnt throw it to Josh Gordon, he would look for jump balls to the shortest guy on the team
                          Pretty sure he wasn't throwing a jump ball. He just didn't throw it far enough. Which equates to a bad throw

Comment

Working...
                          X