Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers/Chiefs Fiesta @ Azteca GDT (Wk11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yeah, it was 4rth down on the Charger 42 yard line. McCree intercepted the ball some 25 yards down field.
    thx for reaffirming...I know I forget plenty but I for sure thought this was one of the dumbest plays of a charger. just BAD situational football.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

My point is there is nothing wrong with throwing an INT on 3rd and long if you are going to be punting on the following down for the same distance anyways. I get that you think if it's 3rd and 10 to go for 10 yards when the D is playing to stop 10 yards. My thinking is occasionally you can go for a homerun bomb, if not in that situation then when? Teams go for homeruns once or twice a game and you are upset that the Chargers just like every other team went for a homerun? If the WR couldn't catch it, it would of been the same result as a punt. Get my position now?
      I still dont get this. call me dense...but throw an INT with another down to go? why not try to complete something more likely to be completed and let your guy try to get some YAC? So even if you get a completion that's short of the sticks you get some net yardage for your ensuing punt. IME it's always good to get some yards and punting versus an INT with still another down left. It's not like rivers has a huge arm where he can let it rip equal to a 60 yard punt. even in the thin MC air he underthew his man.

Comment

Working...
      X