Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Gordon Wants To Stay...Should They Let Him Come Back?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve View Post

IT may be legal, but NFL players are banned from using it whether it is legal or not. That is similar to a lot of law enforcement and federal jobs, they aren't allowed to use weed products even it is legal in the states they live.

Hunt admitted to have used weed when he was pulled over (of admitted to some part of it, can't remember the details). That is automatic suspension territory. Add that to his past troubles, and his next troubles (if there are any), are going to be a pretty serious duration.
    Understood, I just don't consider it a character flaw. I also think the NFL should allow it. I actually think alcohol is worse and I personally don't care for weed.

Comment

• You young people will not believe this but I never took even one puff of weed. In fact, in the 1950's I never met anyone else that did any kind of drugs. Unfortunately, at that time we thought booze was fine and some of my buddies became drunks.

I often wonder why so many people feel the need to get high. I'm a happy guy almost all the time and I can't understand so many need drugs to feel good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Understood, I just don't consider it a character flaw. I also think the NFL should allow it. I actually think alcohol is worse and I personally don't care for weed.
        Its a character flaw if you’ll risk $30+M and put your career and teammates in the trashcan just for some weed. Its an uncontrollable weakness when you know you’re gonna throw it all away and you still don’t stop. This is an existential flaw that will show up in other ways in other places. i grew up around em all, watched the weak and reckless spin into the drain, heard every excuse and story ever told. i got out and quit their game for a BS degree and a $25k/yr starting job in aerospace. I never looked back. Gotta be strong in this world. I sure didn’t need a half dozen busts and retries, confessions and redemptions.

Trust the record - junkies do junk.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Its a character flaw if you’ll risk $30+M and put your career and teammates in the trashcan just for some weed. Its an uncontrollable weakness when you know you’re gonna throw it all away and you still don’t stop. This is an existential flaw that will show up in other ways in other places. i grew up around em all, watched the weak and reckless spin into the drain, heard every excuse and story ever told. i got out and quit their game for a BS degree and a $25k/yr starting job in aerospace. I never looked back. Gotta be strong in this world. I sure didn’t need a half dozen busts and retries, confessions and redemptions.

Trust the record - junkies do junk.
          That wasn't my point.
          People do a lot worse while drunk.
          If the NFL allows you to drink, they should allow you to smoke some weed.

Comment

That wasn't my point.
            Agreed. But - until they do, Hunt was a dumbass, for reasons above, also the kicking. No.

Comment

• In other news, Randy Gregory applied for reinstatement...
              Under the Oculus
              Bolts D Destroys

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post

Agreed. But - until they do, Hunt was a dumbass, for reasons above, also the kicking. No.
                Agree, and I don't want Hunt, I'm just saying in general.

Comment

That wasn't my point.
                  I agree on that. I don’t care about the weed. i care that he knows his NFL career is on the line before he smokes his weed and yet he still chooses the weed. If he will value a lousy weed buzz more than an NFL career, he’ll value other stupid worthless shit more than an NFL career. Some guys just don’t get that they need to stay between the lines. Someone will take a chance on him and be left holding the bag, i hope its not the Chargers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree on that. I don’t care about the weed. i care that he knows his NFL career is on the line before he smokes his weed and yet he still chooses the weed. If he will value a lousy weed buzz more than an NFL career, he’ll value other stupid worthless shit more than an NFL career. Some guys just don’t get that they need to stay between the lines. Someone will take a chance on him and be left holding the bag, i hope its not the Chargers.
                    Who says these guys are remotely sane after getting paid millions already! I think they get bored and just to want *Bleep* with everybody for attention.

Comment

• The weed thing is just a another example of pointing out that money is not necessarily a good motivator for many people. Hunt is an example of it. He is one of the most talented RB in football with the perfect skill set for the modern NFL. He will get some more chances in the NFL, but they are starting to run out.

I don't know whether drugs/alcohol/food are the real problems some of these guys face, or just the face of some other problem. It just seems so many of these guys piss away a chance most people would die for. I can't help but wonder what Hunt is doing on his own to "fix" his issue, whatever it is. Not to necessarily tell teams, but just because he must know he will get at least 1 more chance and he better make the most of it, because he is running out of them.

Comment

• Reports are that Gordon will test the FA market. Chargers won’t resign him prior to that

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Reports are that Gordon will test the FA market. Chargers won’t resign him prior to that
                          Lots of interesting cheap RBs in the 2020 draft.

Market forces, Melvin...remember ?
                          Under the Oculus
                          Bolts D Destroys

Comment

Working...
                          X