• Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

More Urban Meyer talk this morning at around the 4:30 mark

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Spanos said 10-12 candidates
      Number is at 8 - and maybe that is enough

I would hope they at least talk to Urban Meyer if in fact Urban Meyer is interested in the Chargers
      From hearing Urban speak on various podcasts and TV I would imagine the guy is a one punch knock out in an interview. He makes you believe in his culture and how to win. I think he’ll have his choice of any teams that interview him

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

From hearing Urban speak on various podcasts and TV I would imagine the guy is a one punch knock out in an interview. He makes you believe in his culture and how to win. I think he’ll have his choice of any teams that interview him
        Peter King brings up a good point about how long Meyer would last. Well, McCoy and Lynn lasted four years. Urban comes in, wins a ring - I will pay for the damn limo

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

Peter King brings up a good point about how long Meyer would last. Well, McCoy and Lynn lasted four years. Urban comes in, wins a ring - I will pay for the damn limo
          I'll take it, Lead these men with Bosa and JH on his rookie contract. Peter King is a douche anyway.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I'll take it, Lead these men with Bosa and JH on his rookie contract. Peter King is a douche anyway.
            Six openings - a case can be made the Chargers have the best job. Jeremiah points out the Jags young talent, with cap space draft picks and Lawrence. But the Chargers have a good core of players, the QB in Herbert and also some decent cap space and a good amount of picks

If the Spanii are willing to hire Meyer and give him some control, Telesco has already shown he can work with JohnBoy - he would work with Meyer.

I think Meyer for the chargers would be a game changer for the team.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I’m focused on 2021

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

You can say that about any older coach. He is 56, which is 6 years younger than Andy Reid and 12 years younger than Belichick. But his benign brain cyst is always lurking as a potential issue.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Yes but what Peter King (and by the way does he still name drop Parcells like he always used to?) misses is that when Meyer leaves he will leave behind a TRANSFORMED organization with some really outstanding talent to replace him as HC. BTW, King's very best friend ever Parcells used to jump from team to team. Is Peter saying he should not have been hired? What would his mom say? She might kick him right out of her basement!

Watch/listen to Meyer. Have you EVER seen a Charger HC would that kind of command? He is direct, confident, competent and he can back it all up. He is the coach I want. But I realize deck is stacked against us. Telesco will not be a fan. But Bosa will. And James. And Ekeler. And Herbert and Keenan and Williams and Murray all down the line. And FA will want to come here. And fans will come to games and actually root for the Chargers. But Telesco and the Charger way are in the way. I like Telesco, always have. But this is chance of a lifetime for a 40+ year fan.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Yes but what Peter King (and by the way does he still name drop Parcells like he always used to?) misses is that when Meyer leaves he will leave behind a TRANSFORMED organization with some really outstanding talent to replace him as HC. BTW, King's very best friend ever Parcells used to jump from team to team. Is Peter saying he should not have been hired? What would his mom say? She might kick him right out of her basement!

Watch/listen to Meyer. Have you EVER seen a Charger HC would that kind of command? He is direct, confident, competent and he can back it all up. He is the coach I want. But I realize deck is stacked against us. Telesco will not be a fan. But Bosa will. And James. And Ekeler. And Herbert and Keenan and Williams and Murray all down the line. And FA will want to come here. And fans will come to games and actually root for the Chargers. But Telesco and the Charger way are in the way. I like Telesco, always have. But this is chance of a lifetime for a 40+ year fan.

TG
                    I got my hopes up more for Harbaugh when there was less news than about Meyer. As Meyer to me was the ultimate - Like Voldemort - dare not mention his name

But if Urban Meyer wants to talk to the Chargers - the Chargers better pick up the damn phone. The points you make are outstanding - he would be transfornational. And after a few years away from college - he has had a chance to review the NFL, study tape, think of a staff, etc. It would just be an epic type hire.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I got my hopes up more for Harbaugh when there was less news than about Meyer. As Meyer to me was the ultimate - Like Voldemort - dare not mention his name

But if Urban Meyer wants to talk to the Chargers - the Chargers better pick up the damn phone. The points you make are outstanding - he would be transfornational. And after a few years away from college - he has had a chance to review the NFL, study tape, think of a staff, etc. It would just be an epic type hire.
                      100%
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

I haven’t seen anything indicating real interest from Urban Meyer for the Chargers vacancy. That would certainly be a dream come true if the Chargers could make that happen!! Just think of the top notch coordinators / coaches he would bring into the fold. I would not even care if there was limited NFL experience from them either.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

I though that is what we "fans" wanted. Someone who will tell Spanos to stand back and let him do his job without interference. He has the clout to pull it off. As far as him leaving abruptly, every program he has left has not only been better than when he got there, but they were winning programs as he left in good position to continue being successful.
                          I am way late getting around to this.. Great point about Meyer leaving places in a better position than when he arrived. It speaks to his far-reaching ability to find talented coaches to teach up and work alongside. I think he brings instant credibility and likability to the Chargers organization!!

Comment

Working...
                          X