Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    I haven’t seen anything indicating real interest from Urban Meyer for the Chargers vacancy. That would certainly be a dream come true if the Chargers could make that happen!! Just think of the top notch coordinators / coaches he would bring into the fold. I would not even care if there was limited NFL experience from them either.
    I think Meyer would inspire a lot of quality coaches and FAs to be part of his NFL run.
    guys crave a culture like his
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
      Hearing him talk about importance of the Lines, If he is chosen he can knock some sense into T.T, maybe even take his job.

I agree!! Hearing him talk about the importance of Lines.. Music to my ears!!

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

It's been reported that Meyer was spotted on Khan's boat & is already putting together a staff. Expect this to happen soon.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I didn't think Meyer was a chance for the Chargers, unless it all came to money and willingness to cede control to the HC. There really is not a whole bunch of pressure for Khan to succeed, other than for him personally, so Meyer coming into the clean slate with lots of cap room and high picks, he can reinvent the organization. The Charger Ownership is looking for a quicker fix, and sees maybe better tactical decision making will work out, but still wants to keep the current front office dynamic. On the other hand, I do think the ownership will take its time on the hiring, finding the right fit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            I didn't think Meyer was a chance for the Chargers, unless it all came to money and willingness to cede control to the HC. There really is not a whole bunch of pressure for Khan to succeed, other than for him personally, so Meyer coming into the clean slate with lots of cap room and high picks, he can reinvent the organization. The Charger Ownership is looking for a quicker fix, and sees maybe better tactical decision making will work out, but still wants to keep the current front office dynamic. On the other hand, I do think the ownership will take its time on the hiring, finding the right fit.
            Me either. Im reading this morning that he acknowledged there is interest from the Chargers but its unlikely a good fit because of the control Meyer would want and Dean unwiling to give it.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Me either. Im reading this morning that he acknowledged there is interest from the Chargers but its unlikely a good fit because of the control Meyer would want and Dean unwiling to give it.
              As Kevin Acee once said about Dean, “he was born on third base and never has been able to get home”. Give it up Dean

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

As Kevin Acee once said about Dean, “he was born on third base and never has been able to get home”. Give it up Dean
                LOL, agree. I do think that is the only thing holding Meyer back from us though. We have Herbert and Bosa and a lot better team than Jax but if he wants some control he just isnt going to get it here and he has zero experience with players who get paid and having expiring contracts and such.

If he is willing to work with a GM than perhaps but depends on the control he wants.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-09-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LOL, agree. I do think that is the only thing holding Meyer back from us though. We have Herbert and Bosa and a lot better tram than Jax but if he wants some control he just isnt going to get it here and he has zero experience with players who get paid and having expiring contracts and such.

If he is willing to work with a GM than perhaps but depends on the control he wants.
                  LaCanfora mentioned something along the lines that Meyer is interested in teh Chargers but not sure its a fit.

I don't get it - guy would be a grand slam home run hire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

LaCanfora mentioned something along the lines that Meyer is interested in teh Chargers but not sure its a fit.

I don't get it - guy would be a grand slam home run hire.
                    Depends on if he wants control of personel. That isnt a grad slam hire. To coach the team it is but we have a GM and if Telesco is willing to work with Meyer and vice versa...and the HC usually does and TT has said so in his conference call,...thats one thing but if Meyer wants to wear the GM hat and say who he wants to sign as FA's and dole out the contracts, etc...he has NO experience in that at all as Saban didnt.

It just depends on what Meyer has in mind and if all that is what he has in mind, i dont blame Dean for passing on him. It could be a disaster. Til things are said, we dont know what he wants to be.

Harbaugh signed an extention and took LESS money to stay at Michigan. He is getting HALF his salary with incentives to make more so clearly he had no interest in leaving Michigan.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

In my opinion Meyer is by far the best choice and worth whatever he wants. More than likely he will win a Super Bowl wherever he goes, I think he is that good. Another one of these coaches might be great too but they are all a crapshoot.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                        In my opinion Meyer is by far the best choice and worth whatever he wants. More than likely he will win a Super Bowl wherever he goes, I think he is that good. Another one of these coaches might be great too but they are all a crapshoot.
                        Not with the Jags. If he took over the chargers he could compete next season. With the Jags it's going to take at least two seasons before they sniff the playoffs. Like everything in life Money talks bullshit walks.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Tol
                          From Accounting
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Carlsbad
                          • Send PM

Good on the Chargers for showing interest in Meyer. Hopefully they are serious. If Gruden is paid 10 mil a year, and Carroll is worth 11, then Urban Meyer at 12 is an understandable asking price for the quality of coach he is and what he can do to transform your organization. If the Chargers FO is serious about establishing a "championship-caliber program," then leave everything on the table in pursuing Urban Meyer. If that means 12 mil a year and more control, then so be it. Telesco is on the hot seat anyway, relinquishing some control over personnel is not as bad as being fired. Giving your coach (who knows college athletes, assistant coaches and scouts) more control over personnel seems like a good thing. TT can still handle managing the cap and player contracts.

Comment

Working...
                          X