• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    Pete Carroll? Did he jump into the pros before winning a SB?
    He coached the Jets before he went to USC and rolled up titles that they had to give back

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Pete Carroll (new to coaching the NFL if memory serves) won a SB not long after his success in college football. It didn't take him that long either. Then again, different ownership.
      Nope, Pete Carroll was the HC of the Jets for a season and then the Patriots before he was the HC at USC.
      He was an assistant coach and DC in the NFL for many years prior to his HC opportunities.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nope, Pete Carroll was the HC of the Jets for a season and then the Patriots before he was the HC at USC.
        Pete was the HC of the Jets in 1994, the Pats from 1997-1999, USC from 2001-2009 and at Seattle from 2010 to the present.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

If we have such a fucking great talent level on our team, let's focus on driving up and down the field, consistently out performing the other team, and stop worrying about a couple of bad play calls in 2 minute. Sure, we lost the game, but if we have great talent why aren't we dominating? It's because the players we have just flash ability instead of perform up to a consistent standard. That is why we are looking for a new coach. I don't care which guy it is, so everyone should just stop the nonsense about this scheme or that, because it just doesn't matter.
          nail meet head. I just want the guy who can get consistent play to the best of everyone’s ability and build a great staff

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Well that was fleeting but Adam Schefter bringing out a mini version of a WojBomb - I think we all knew it was a long shot - but from the Twitter account of Schefter - here are two recent tweets. Bring on Daboll.

Jacksonville and former Ohio St. HC Urban Meyer are in advanced talks to see if they can finalize a deal, per league sources. They met again Wednesday.

At this time, it’s Jacksonville as the one and only for Urban Meyer. Jaguars’ owner Shad Khan’s process has led him to Meyer, and Meyer is highly interested, and the two sides are interested in trying to finalize a deal this week.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
              Well that was fleeting but Adam Schefter bringing out a mini version of a WojBomb - I think we all knew it was a long shot - but from the Twitter account of Schefter - here are two recent tweets. Bring on Daboll.

Jacksonville and former Ohio St. HC Urban Meyer are in advanced talks to see if they can finalize a deal, per league sources. They met again Wednesday.

At this time, it’s Jacksonville as the one and only for Urban Meyer. Jaguars’ owner Shad Khan’s process has led him to Meyer, and Meyer is highly interested, and the two sides are interested in trying to finalize a deal this week.
              Yep it looks like he is in fact going to the Jags to run the franchise. Wonder if Nick Saban would consider coaching the Chargers? Wonder if he would take an interview?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

nail meet head. I just want the guy who can get consistent play to the best of everyone’s ability and build a great staff
                So Steve drops an f-bomb, and you become convinced ?
                ​​​​​
                Urban's gone man.
                ​​​​​
                Marty's living in the memory wing.

We need fuckin' Staley.

How's that ?
                You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

​​​​​
                  Urban's gone man.
                  ​​​​​

We need fuckin' Staley.

How's that ?
                  Schefter, Pellisero and Rapoport - all reporting Urban to the Jags

DAboll to the Chargers - bring it!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

These items makes me want Urban. I'm also tired of coaching being reduced to the wrong play call or managing the clock arguments. The emboldened item is what Lynn said he would bring to the Chargers in his interview.

"All that being said, I am not sure what he brings to an NFL team? I am not against having college coaches in the NFL. It is a big step up in terms of scheming and preparation from college to pro. But college coaches are usually good at recruiting, so getting street FA or vested vets to come in and play for you is usually something they do well. And the best college coaches are also pretty good about trying to develop their own guys, since they are used to that, and that is something everyone has to do in the NFL."

"Our offense already has the obligatory RPO's and zone read plays in it. We need them to practice against, and we do run them from time to time. There is nothing I saw in Florida or Ohio state's offense that we don't already have in our playbook. Maybe Meyer can dress them up and disguise them maybe he can't. But Meyer didn't win those national championships because he was a great play caller. BB, Saban and Meyer won championships on the practice field and in the film room. We haven't had even a decent guy in those areas in a while. Our fundamentals are just pretty bad since Marty left and we have only flashed glimpses of improvement since."

"If we have such a fucking great talent level on our team, let's focus on driving up and down the field, consistently out performing the other team, and stop worrying about a couple of bad play calls in 2 minute. Sure, we lost the game, but if we have great talent why aren't we dominating? It's because the players we have just flash ability instead of perform up to a consistent standard. That is why we are looking for a new coach. I don't care which guy it is, so everyone should just stop the nonsense about this scheme or that, because it just doesn't matter."

Urban also would have an advocate in Bosa in the locker room. Marty needed Junior to buy into what he was doing. Does anyone remember how Marty wanted players to take notes at meetings and the collective team balked?

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

​​​​​
                      Urban's gone man.
                      ​​​​​

We need fuckin' Staley.

How's that ?
                      If fuckin Staley is the one who can do what I said then bring him in. Why am I feeling like the Chargers are gonna blow it

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep it looks like he is in fact going to the Jags to run the franchise. Wonder if Nick Saban would consider coaching the Chargers? Wonder if he would take an interview?
                        He was a disaster in Miami....you don't want him, trust me.

Anyone who chooses Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees should not be a coach in the pros.
                        sigpic

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If fuckin Staley is the one who can do what I said then bring him in. Why am I feeling like the Chargers are gonna blow it
                          I'm still worried they may hire Jason Garrett.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍