• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They’ll probably end up cutting or restructuring guys like Frank Clark and Matthieu to make room again next year. They can probably get away with it in the short term but not if they keep trading away their picks.
    Matthieu isn't under contract after 2021. So that number they had for cap space in 2022 doesn't even include Mathieu.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

OBJ isn't either. Cc bill will come due soon.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Matthieu isn't under contract after 2021. So that number they had for cap space in 2022 doesn't even include Mathieu.
        They have 24 players under contract next year. Since the top 51 salaries count towards the cap (if I understand that rule correctly) they will need to sign 27 players for $26.8 million or about a million per player. Some of them will be this year's draft class and they are not paying a number one pick so they get a bit of a break, but they certainly won't have room for a lot of elite players. They can continue to play the restructuring game to gain a bit more space - but can only keep doing that so many times before they are going to be in a big crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They have 24 players under contract next year. Since the top 51 salaries count towards the cap (if I understand that rule correctly) they will need to sign 27 players for $26.8 million or about a million per player. Some of them will be this year's draft class and they are not paying a number one pick so they get a bit of a break, but they certainly won't have room for a lot of elite players. They can continue to play the restructuring game to gain a bit more space - but can only keep doing that so many times before they are going to be in a big crunch.
          Maybe, maybe not. Veach is one of the best GMs in the league and knows how to work the cap. On top of that Mahomes signed a very team friendly contract.

Besides, would you trade a couple of years of potential salary cap hell for a few Super Bowls? I would.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Why did this get bumped? I thought he got injured or something.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by tges58 View Post

Maybe, maybe not. Veach is one of the best GMs in the league and knows how to work the cap. On top of that Mahomes signed a very team friendly contract.

Besides, would you trade a couple of years of potential salary cap hell for a few Super Bowls? I would.
              You would. I would. Let’s see if the Spanii will. We have 4 years to load up on talent and make a run at the SB.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Why did this get bumped? I thought he got injured or something.
                Brown got injured? That's news to me.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡