Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltnut
    replied
    IMO, Chiefs looked at all of those short-armed OT's and determined there were no legitimate, long-termed LT prospects @#31 and pulled the trigger on OBJ.

Everybody won. KC gets to rent a legitimate LT for a year to make another SB push. Brown gets to showcase his talent @LT. And the Ravens get basically a high-2nd round pick for someone they were going to lose next year anyways.

This trade shows us exactly what I've been saying for a while now.... There probably won't be legitimate LT prospects around by the late 1st round (why KC pulled the trade). And there will be a lot of quality RT prospects there instead (why Ravens moved into #31 slot... to replace RT).

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    It all works out for the Chargers, who won't be competing for a Super Bowl bid just yet. Brown does well and he gets a massive contract next year, or Brown does poorly and he was a waste of a 1rst.

Chiefs will lock up pretty much all their cap space in 7 players if they resign Brown: Mahomes, Clark, Jones, Brown, Kelce, Hill, Tuney. None of those guys better get hurt. They had been incredibly lucky avoiding key injuries for years until Fisher tore his ACL in the AFC championship game. One starter goes down and they looked like crap.

They've pissed away most of their recent 1rst round draft picks, have generally drafted at the bottom of rounds, & spent last year's first on a small guy who will be too beat up to resign.

They'll have a lot of journeyman types filling out the rest of the roster pretty damn soon. Imagine them with entire units the equivalent of the Charger's 2020 Oline. Chargers will have ample cap space next year to target players that can exploit those weaknesses. Block Jones & Clark next year and put up 40 points on them routinely
    Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-24-2021, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
    I think the Chiefs got a steal too. They took a weakness at LT and turned it into a strength.
    I would have been willing to trade back the Chargers #13 pick for the Ravens #27 for Brown, plus our 3rd rd pick, if they would have taken that. Well, too late now.
    I guess it all depends how its looked at. They paid those picks for a one-year rental not a long term foundational player. the Chargers could afford to sign a long term deal if they had pulled the trigger, I’m not as sure the Chiefs without losing some (more!) other top talent on their roster. Their ‘22 Cap crunch hell is noted above ...

Leave a comment:

• PhilaBoltster
    replied
    I think the Chiefs got a steal too. They took a weakness at LT and turned it into a strength.
    I would have been willing to trade back the Chargers #13 pick for the Ravens #27 for Brown, plus our 3rd rd pick, if they would have taken that. Well, too late now.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Mahomes rookie contract was replaced with a 10 yr $450M deal, then restructured again this year to reduce 2021 cap. Structure is favorable right now (I think they shaved $17M off this year’s cap) but not a rookie contract and i expect its going to collide with future high dollar LT contracts. Maybe, I’m not a capologist

... but we do have them on retainer here if they could weigh in?
    The Chiefs have been running up the credit card bill that is about come due. Next year they have 24 players under contract with $26.8 million in cap space. Conversely, we have 34 players under contract and have $69.4 million in cap space. They are going to have to make some tough roster decisions soon so they better make a deep playoff run this year (which I expect).

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
    The Queefs did what I thought they should do and expect more win the SB moves to come. All in on the last year of Mahomes rookie contract.
    Ravens could also win here if they strike gold in the draft or next year in free agency.
    Mahomes rookie contract was replaced with a 10 yr $450M deal, then restructured again this year to reduce 2021 cap. Structure is favorable right now (I think they shaved $17M off this year’s cap) but not a rookie contract and i expect its going to collide with future high dollar LT contracts. Maybe, I’m not a capologist

... but we do have them on retainer here if they could weigh in?

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Grossman
    replied
    The Queefs did what I thought they should do and expect more win the SB moves to come. All in on the last year of Mahomes rookie contract.
    Ravens could also win here if they strike gold in the draft or next year in free agency.

Leave a comment:

• Classic
    replied
    This isn't a good news for us. Unless they overpay him, I can't see this being good for us.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Wonder if Baltimore is interested in 13 overall

id take 27 and 31
    Yup...do it in a heartbeat! Telesco are you Listening?

:beer:

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Wonder if Baltimore is interested in 13 overall

id take 27 and 31

Leave a comment:

• SBbound
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

They filled another hole in their offensive line and still have two second rounders. We all saw what happened in the Superbowl... Basically Mahomes running for his life!

:Cheers1:
    There's a lot to be learned from Tampa Bay's scheme. The season can't get here soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Brown will probably get exposed some in KC's offense. He is a good pass blocker, but it helps that he almost always has a TE outside of him, and that the guys playing opposite him can't just fly upfield. Jackson is not a QB you want to rush hard and get out of your lane against. Add in the Balt O is not getting them set up in a lot of obvious passing situations, and when they do throw, it is mostly off play action. All those things help an OT look better than he is. I'm not saying he is a bad pass blocker, just maybe not the 12th best, because his stats are biased by the Baltimore O.

KC however, he is going to have to protect a LOT. THey throw way more than Baltimore did, and Kelcie gets split into the flex TE spot, or in the slot, giving edge players as more direct rush lane to the QB. And KC really is not afraid to get into 3rd and long, because they have the speed to overcome, but that leaves the pass blockers in position where the rushers can tee off and just get upfield. They also know that the game is going to be high scoring, so while you don't want Mahomes to have free shots to run on every play, edge guys will take their shots and charge upfield more than they would in a closer game vs Baltimore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍