• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Yes, I agree that the strategy of filing before a potential criminal case is filed is atypical. As I have stated previously, if there is a conviction, any fact necessary for the conviction may be set up in the civil case as already established as a matter of law. Having such a criminal conviction can be very helpful in a civil case involving the same actions/facts.
    All the Deshaun Watson civil cases were filed prior to any criminal charges and the criminal charges never came. The SDSU women's attorney may be thinking the same. If it's taken the DA's office this long it may not be happening

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I think the issues with her getting criminal charges against him were that she had consensual sex with him before the rape and that she was in and out of consciousness admitting she doesn’t know how many guys had sex with her. I think it’s pretty clear she was raped but due to her intoxicated state she is probably not considered a reliable witness of who actually did it.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        I think the issues with her getting criminal charges against him were that she had consensual sex with him before the rape and that she was in and out of consciousness admitting she doesn’t know how many guys had sex with her. I think it’s pretty clear she was raped but due to her intoxicated state she is probably not considered a reliable witness of who actually did it.
        Two words. Rape kit.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

There are many reasons why prosecutors won't proceed.

Do we even know wether the rape kit was processed?

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Moving this to the NFL section. Its just a reminder of bad things. Not charger related. Its an ugly topic. Lets keep the main forum mojo going for our BOLTS!!!!

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

So just make sure you commit all your rapes in private. Then there’s never evidence. (And you doesn’t mean you specifically).

Good job Araiza, you pulled it off. You took her into a private room away from the public eye. Genius.
              If you don’t want to put innocent people in jail
              you need evidence. It suck’s, it means guilty people will be let off the hook but that’s the price we pay to even TRY to not put innocent people behind bars.

Also… obviously?!? Generally if you don’t want to get caught for a crime you don’t do it in public. Hence the caricature of a sneaky villain wearing the robber mask. Don’t be dense, obviously bad people try to hide their crimes that’s the point of “hiding” a crime. seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I wanted the Chargers to draft Ariza too and I was really disappointed when we didn’t … now I’m thinking that the Chargers with their SDSU connections knew about this issue and didn’t draft him because of it.

it is a shame that someone with generational talent could throw it all away, by being such an asshole. And given his STD status, additional incidents of questionable behavior may come up.

if he gets out of this somehow, some team might take a chance on him, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍