• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

The chargers scored that many points... with that many WR injuries... with the 31st offensive line in the league.

and the Offensive coaches stink? No wonder they would have like to keep them.

Now... need to get some new o linemen.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Did Tuerk even get any plsy time? I cant recall if I saw him in the line up. I hope he will be ready to contribute. We may need to pick up yet another journeyman or 2 and draft another prospect.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
        Did Tuerk even get any plsy time? I cant recall if I saw him in the line up. I hope he will be ready to contribute. We may need to pick up yet another journeyman or 2 and draft another prospect.
        It seemed like Tuerk was inactive every week. I don't know that for sure but the latter portion of the year I was sort of paying attention and he was always inactive.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          Pro-football-reference doesn't show any record of him playing.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            It seemed like Tuerk was inactive every week. I don't know that for sure but the latter portion of the year I was sort of paying attention and he was always inactive.
            He did not play in any games this year.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

I hope Tuerk does, or even Pulley. But to plan on either one being a starter seems a bit optimistic. I like both of them, Tuerk based on his college performances, and Pulley based on this year. If they can earn those jobs great. But our recent history suggests both will get to play a fair bit next season, and have they done enough to earn a starting job. We should let them compete for starting jobs (not necessarily against each other), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look for other options in the draft or as FA.

Also, I can see letting Fluker, who was probably our best OL this season, go. I hate to get worse at a position that he did reasonably well at, but he is making a ton of money and he is still not playing up to that level. He has a lot of good plays, but he still gives up some weak ones, and he had a couple of games where he didn't grade out so well. He is basically among the elite OG in terms of pay (for his option year), but his performance is still not there yet. If he was younger player, it would be easy to say, the inconsistentcy will work itself out. But he is a 5th year player, and he is still sloppy wiht his technique at times, and just all over the place. I would like to see us work on an extension for him, rather than his option year salary. Then we can lower his cap hit, and he can get more money long term and short term.

Of couse, if we decided to live with Fluker's option year, it is a lot easier to live with if Franklin is kicked lose, because he is also among the top paid OL, and has a lot more bad plays, and not nearly as many OK or good plays.

I would also like to see Barksdale get some compeition. His best season as a pro was his 1st year with us, and even though he was our best OL that year, everyone else was terrible. He has never really played well enough to solidify a job. He is OK, and I think keeping him as a swing tackle is fine, but we need to get better at every position. Ideally, you would like to replace Dunlap as well, but with no top OT in FA and none in the draft, it seems unlikely. Even if we could, Dunlap would be a realistic option at RT if we can find a LT.

So, I think we need to add at least 2 OL this offseason. 3 would be better. Not all need to be top FA or high draft picks, but they need to be in a position to compete for a starting job.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Tuerk is like mystery meat to me. You have some hope it will be good and it turns out awful.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Time to cook this Tuerks
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• boldarblood
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I like what I have read about Teurk, from this article. Sounds like he has been working hard during practice. Going up against Mebane daily has to be a helpful thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X