First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Ha! He's a FB friend of mine! I went to highschool with him...
    I went to TPHS as well, but before you two did. Not sure how qualified he is to run a team though.

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied
    Could be the next Ozzie Newsome or John Elway. Or could be the next Matt Millen (who although was a terrible GM, is a smart guy, too). Total surprise, but I guess because it's the 49ers, we should not be surprised. They did hire Jim Tomsula as head coach. Then fired him after one year to hire a failed and flawed Chip Kelly. Then fired Kelly after one year. Now THIS is truly poor ownership.

TG

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    John Lynch Jr. is a smart guy, as compared to Matt Millen. Supposedly he's already identified his right hand man to work the personnel side, so he might more in the role that John Spanos fills for the Chargers (sans personnel experience). I have a feeling that he'll be just as effective as Spanos... and that's not a compliment.

Leave a comment:

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    replied
    Ha! He's a FB friend of mine! I went to highschool with him...

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    At least make a reality tv show out of it if you're going to pick people with no experience. "Who Wants To Be an NFL GM?"

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Another Matt Millen?

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    Lynch volunteered for the job...

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    started a topic Niners: John Lynch is the new GM

Niners: John Lynch is the new GM

This is an interesting pick. Lynch hasn't been in any personnel position at all... just a player and an analyst.

from pft:
    The 49ers are hiring former NFL safety John Lynch as their new General Manager, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported Sunday night.

Lynch, 45, has been working as a game analyst for FOX and has no front-office experience. He retired before the 2008 season following a 15-year career and could eventually be voted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The 49ers are expected to hire Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan as their new head coach after next week’s Super Bowl. The team had a second interview with Shanahan this weekend and also interviewed G.M. candidates, but Lynch’s name never surfaced as a candidate until it was reported that he will be hired.

Glazer tweeted that the 49ers wanted to emulate what the Broncos have done with former player John Elway as the face and leader of the franchise and “wanted to change the whole attitude of the organization.”

After a long run in Tampa Bay, Lynch played his final four seasons with the Broncos. He retired after being released by the Patriots just before the 2008 season and began his broadcasting career during that season.
Working...
X