Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    No new team for me. I'm more or less boycotting the NFL. It's more apathy than boycott, but in the end it's the same, I'm not giving them my money or attention. I will happily check in on the train wreck that is the LA Chargers, but that's it. By check in, I mean monitor, but probably won't even watch the games.
    pretty much same for me. Watching only when it's on free TV and nothing better to do with my time. Call it Morbid Curiosity. In fact, we should have a Sticky GDT called the Morbid Curiosity GDT, but that might not be what Fleet has in mind for Aloha spirit on this forum
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      Aztecs for me. Fuck the NFL.
      Hate to say it...but this.

Rooting for the Pats is an awful decision. You know what, if I were going to pick a team I probably would pick the Chiefs. They aren't great but they have a good ownership that always tries to win and their fans are the coolest and most supportive I've ever met outside of SD.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        pretty much same for me. Watching only when it's on free TV and nothing better to do with my time. Call it Morbid Curiosity. In fact, we should have a Sticky GDT called the Morbid Curiosity GDT, but that might not be what Fleet has in mind for Aloha spirit on this forum
        I don't hate what Fleet has done but there should be a San Diego Chargers forum that sort of serves as the Land of Misfit Toys for those of us disenfranchised by the Spanos Holocaust. Sure, there might be some bitter threads but there could also be a lot of remembrances of the real Chargers' history and your Morbid Curiosity thread. Hell, some people might participate in that thread and eventually cross to the dark side (no longer the Raiders...now the Stealing Spanii) and rejoin the Aloha Kool Aid community.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Aloha Kool Aid is better than any Mai Tai.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

Rooting for the Pats is an awful decision. You know what, if I were going to pick a team I probably would pick the Chiefs. They aren't great but they have a good ownership that always tries to win and their fans are the coolest and most supportive I've ever met outside of SD.
            Yea. It was always kind of difficult justifying my hatred for the Chiefs. I liked their fans. I liked Marty. I liked the Nigerian Nightmare, who, when I lived in L.A., somehow got the gig as the Raiders radio postgame-show host, and all he did was bag on the Raiders. Maybe Al Davis couldn't understand his accent?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

I have to say their fans are pretty awesome.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I was a die hard Steelers fan as a kid. Turned to the Chargers the first time I saw Air Coryell which was about the same time we moved to SD. I'm rooting for Rivers and Gates to get a ring. When they retire, I may go back to the Steelers, if for no other reason than they run a franchise the way it's supposed to be run. They are polar opposites from the D-Bag Spanoses. Could've saved decades of pain if I had just stuck with them in the first place.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X