First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Sean McVay would disagree with you;
    Raheem Morris would disagree with you.

He sure the hell was the difference in the Chargers making the playoffs and winning a playoff game in 2013: another Tom Telesco inferior defensive product with Weddle as the lynchpin.

But hey, the Chargers aren't about winning playoff games; they are about providing a good wholesome product and rooting out traitors to the organization, and enemies of Spanos.
    I have no issue with Weddle. He was a good player for us, but he also got trucked by Shonn Greene, giving up a key TD against the Jets in the playoffs, so he had his lesser moments as well.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

I suspect he has BPD or something. Maybe CTE? It's a really weird grudge.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Sean McVay would disagree with you;
        Raheem Morris would disagree with you.

He sure the hell was the difference in the Chargers making the playoffs and winning a playoff game in 2013: another Tom Telesco inferior defensive product with Weddle as the lynchpin.

But hey, the Chargers aren't about winning playoff games; they are about providing a good wholesome product and rooting out traitors to the organization, and enemies of Spanos.
        He sure wasn't much of a difference maker in 2015 when he was let walk after his contract was up. And since Baltimore let him walk last year I guess their team sucks too for letting a "warrior" like that walk too. Maybe they win the SB this year instead if they didn't make sure a grave mistake.

He's a bitter little bitch and can laugh now that he hired gun his way into a ring due to injuries. Remember, no team wanted him at the start of the year. Injuries are the only reason he was even on the Rams.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

I also suspect that maybe Weddle isn't the best teammate.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Congratulations to Charger great Eric Weddle for another stout performance in a playoff game: this one the Super Bowl.
            We are all very excited for his success. The 'machine' tore his pectoral muscle in the 1rst quarter, but still battled on,
            like the leader and winner that he is. We salute his indomitable spirit, his passion for the game, and his refusal to quit under the most improbable odds.

Many Charger greats have wasted their greatness on a feckless organization run by a clod of a family, and their timid underlings.
            Fortunately Edub was able to escape from this wasteland and realized a dream to which he has sacrificed so much.

We salute this intrepid warrior!

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

No more cutting players well before they’re done.
              Yeah, I'm really hoping the new coaching staff can help TT both select AND keep the right players.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

We really only need one Weddle thread... and it will be moved to the NFL forum as he is no longer a Charger. So, get you bashes in on the Chargers Ownership, or Weddle... Time to move on.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

No more cutting players well before they’re done.
                  Better a year early than a year too late. I like that statement which was Butlers statement..... and it was time for Mel to go. Sadly LT too, though i hated it. Was time for Rivers as well,.... Again sadly but we got Herbert in the process.

It was not time for Rodney or Junior. That was on AJ .

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Better a year early than a year too late. I like that statement which was Butlers statement..... and it was time for Mel to go. Sadly LT too, though i hated it. Was time for Rivers as well,.... Again sadly but we got Herbert in the process.

It was not time for Rodney or Junior. That was on AJ .
                    I don’t know if I agree with that statement anymore. I see our old guys go elsewhere and contribute. While our replacement players do nothing. Tyrod Taylor over Rivers? Give me a break.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Speaking of Rivers... I wish he could come out of retirement and do the same thing Weddle did, going out with a championship.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I don’t know if I agree with that statement anymore. I see our old guys go elsewhere and contribute. While our replacement players do nothing. Tyrod Taylor over Rivers? Give me a break.
                        Who is doing well? Hayward was ok but Mel had 2 sacks last season. Had a decent playoff run. Not worth what he made here.
                        Nwosu outplayed Mel this season. Tyrod played 1 game, so I don't get that statement. We were always going QB in that draft.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-14-2022, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Whining Weddle finishes up his SB celebration with a backhanded compliment of the Bolts and TT. So classy to the end

œI want to thank the Chargers for drafting me...and I also want to thank ol Tom Telesco for the way things ended there and showing me the light and giving me that motivation and that fire, said Weddle triumphantly at the postgame podium. I appreciate that. I always said that Eric Weddle will get the last laugh and I am a world champion now.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...wl-tom-telesco

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡