• Send PM

You are late Cat lol.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Better a year early than a year too late. I like that statement which was Butlers statement..... and it was time for Mel to go. Sadly LT too, though i hated it. Was time for Rivers as well,.... Again sadly but we got Herbert in the process.

It was not time for Rodney or Junior. That was on AJ .
      Quite possibly it was a Marty decision:
      Jr and Rodney had a bit too much input on the defensive game planning under Mike Reiley tossing out what they didn't like.
      It might have carried over during Marty Schottenheimer's first year.

Weddle also seemed to have an independent streak; I suspect McCoy was as responsible as anyone for wanting him gone.
      That decision to go for it on 4rth down in OT was a Weddle decision. It couldn't have settled well with McCoy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I think the 'better a year early than a year late' creed applies to teams who develop talent and generally hit on day 2 - 3 picks.

If not, keeping them a year late is identical to sending them off a year early.....you have someone who should not be starting out there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          I think the 'better a year early than a year late' creed applies to teams who develop talent and generally hit on day 2 - 3 picks.

If not, keeping them a year late is identical to sending them off a year early.....you have someone who should not be starting out there.
          I think we could have got a decent draft pick by trading Mel prior to the season and instead we got 7 games and zero sacks out of him.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• JPPT1974
              April Showers and Easter
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Glad he came back from retirement and got his ring. Good for him!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Looks like Weddle will be HC of RBHS soon(Rancho Bernardo High School)
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/3107...8886415470121/

It’s official! The 2022 football season will be coach McCoy’s last as the RBHS head coach.

Coach McCoy has led the Broncos’ football program the past 11 seasons, and built a reputation of hard work and character. At the end of the 2022 season he will be handing the reins to Super Bowl Champ Eric Weddle, who will take over as head of the program. Eric will be joining the Bronco family this season to learn the BLUE in, BLUE out culture.

Coach McCoy plans to remain on staff and support Coach Weddle in the upcoming years. LET’S BE GREAT!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍