• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
    total con job. the patriots would be offering him $2 million if he really was psycho. this is very bad for the league.

similar move by Paul George (PG13) in the NBA with OKC. except in his case it happened overnight - he just told OKC, I going to the clippers right fucking now! similar shit with anthony davis.
    Clippers gave up a boatload to get Paul George: Shai Gilgeous Alexander (a possible future star) & three number ones.

New England gave up nothing but their good, honest reputation - they gave up nothing.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Clippers gave up a boatload to get Paul George: Shai Gilgeous Alexander (a possible future star) & three number ones.

New England gave up nothing but their good, honest reputation - they gave up nothing.
      I was not aware of what the clippers gave up, so i agree that the new england move is much worse. however, if those #1 picks in the NBA end up below pick 15, they have a lot less value.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

I feel like everyone (press included) is avoiding the elephant in the room. And, I really hate to go there, but...

If a white player did and said the things that AB is accused of about a black GM, the outrage would be at a fever pitch. He should get a suspension solely based on that. No one has come forward and condemned AB's actions for what they are. He played this out as a racist plain and simple, and has been rewarded for it.
        sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          I feel like everyone (press included) is avoiding the elephant in the room. And, I really hate to go there, but...

If a white player did and said the things that AB is accused of about a black GM, the outrage would be at a fever pitch. He should get a suspension solely based on that. No one has come forward and condemned AB's actions for what they are. He played this out as a racist plain and simple, and has been rewarded for it.
          Is it racist to tell somebody they will punch them in their face?

If so thats some all new territory. I think we in the USA are too sensitive when it comes to this stuff and certainly your post is one of those. That thought didnt even cross my mind when i saw it. Why must everything have a race thing attached to it? He threatened to punch the GM.....that is considered racist?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If so thats some all new territory. I think we in the USA are too sensitive when it comes to this stuff and certainly your post is one of those. That thought didnt even cross my mind when i saw it. Why must everything have a race thing attached to it? He threatened to punch the GM.....that is considered racist?
            There was a rumor, now heavily discounted, that AB said something that is considered a racist term during that shouting thing. No one denies that he did threaten Mayock and punted a football in disgust. I'm still amused that the Raiders got into this situation, but they cut losses as best they could. Who knows for sure what will happen with AB and the Pats, he has $9m if he just plays along nicely... but BB could be the frog that gave the scorpion a ride across the river.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

50/50 AB makes it through the season in NE.

They likely have terms in the 1 year deal that he will be fined for missing a meeting or being late and suspensions if he fails to comply with the Belichek standard, thus voiding his guarantees. Any conduct too detrimental and he is gone.

Actually, I don't think he is capable of "just doing his job." He will add drama. 100 percent he gets suspended and released by NE.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

There was a rumor, now heavily discounted, that AB said something that is considered a racist term during that shouting thing. No one denies that he did threaten Mayock and punted a football in disgust. I'm still amused that the Raiders got into this situation, but they cut losses as best they could. Who knows for sure what will happen with AB and the Pats, he has $9m if he just plays along nicely... but BB could be the frog that gave the scorpion a ride across the river.
                That im not aware of.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

But...maybe that ride is not quite over yet...as I recall, while the frog gives that scorpion a ride across the river, about midstream, the scorpion goes ahead and STINGS the frog...the frog says, "why did you do that? I'm helping you!" The scorpion shrugs as they are both drowning, "can't help it," Scorpion replies, "it's my nature."

Comment

• Stormbringer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Here
                    • Send PM

fwiw

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.

That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It was reported on NFL network that he called Mayock a C******...I think that is what he was getting at?
                      The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

Nah...I don't see why you can't go there...if he called Mayock a C******, he was being a racist, it should be a 2 way street....

Honestly, it was commented that is what he said by some commentators on NFL network, but I have seen little about it since. Personally, I think it was all an act to get out of LA. He sees they are gonna suck, and he wants to play with a winner. I think it is shameful that the Patriots obliged him...they are fucking whores.
                        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

If anyone now doubts that ABs antics were premeditated, know this.

NE tried to trade for AB last year,
                          and PIT refused to do business with NE.

:shock:
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                          Ben Herbert

Comment

Working...
                          X