• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I don’t know of another city that let a team walk and didn’t even whimper. Zero leadership in this City forever
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      I don’t know of another city that let a team walk and didn’t even whimper. Zero leadership in this City forever
      The vote in a sense was rigged. I am originally from San Diego since BalBoa/Jack Murphy. When they had the vote, it was not all of San Diego...not San Diego country where IMO most of the fans lived...it was based on the people around downtown....SD downtown has changed a lot over the years since the penny arcade and all the strip clubs for the sailers...I stay down there sometimes...the people that live there...well...business and artist types...probably not ever SD natives....I doubt football means much to them.

So they had the vote...and it failed..

It also looked like the hoteliers who had the money...did not want to subsidize the thing with a tourist fee....which probably I cannot blame them...so...it was doomed to fail. So I look at the vote as the killer of the thing..not really ALL the people of SD whom I think the majority would have liked the Bolts to stay.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Closing the thread. If there is new news about the lawsuit, post it in the Charger news thread.

Comment

Working...
        X