• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Talk therapy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Nice start for the sixers. Carter-Williams looking real good so far.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I've actually been following the Bucks fairly closely so far. Ridnauer hurt his back, and Brandon Jennings got hurt like 2 minutes into the first game, so South Dakota State 2nd round draft pick Nate Wolters has actually got to play quite a bit!

He's held his own, considering he didn't even really expect to be playing.

The Bucks could have a nice team down the road if they keep them together...Larry Sanders, John Henson, and I love the "Greek Freak" their first round pick, and no I'm not going to attempt to type his last name here. Not sure how good they'll be this year, as they have alot of new players and a new coaching staff.

Lakers at the Mavs could be fun tonight. Neither team plays much defense.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Did Booing Dwight Howard Prove Clippers Fans Are Really Just Cheap Lakers Fans?

Going back to a time before they had the second best coach in the league next to Gregg Popovich, the best point guard, and the most athletic collection of young supporting talent, the Los Angeles Clippers were the team you watched when the Lakers weren't playing that night ... or you couldn't afford Lakers tickets ... or you just felt like rooting for an underdog.

Back in my day, a USC student could walk to the decrepit Sports Arena with his friends, pay 8 bucks for general admission, and then claim one of the many empty seats near courtside to watch Michael Cage, Benoit Benjamin, Quintin Dailey and other forgotten names of that woebegone Clippers era take on Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins and other visiting NBA luminaries (yeah, I'm gettin' old). It was the pro sports equivalent of "slumming it." You watched the team you really cared about, the Lakers, on TV, occasionally shelling out for a "big league" game at the Forum.

More than 20 years later, and now playing in the same downtown arena as the Lakers, the Clippers now match their NBA big brother in amenities, and they have finally surpassed them in terms of coaching and talent. But watching a Clippers crowd on Tuesday, Nov. 4 passionately boo the Houston Rockets' Dwight Howard, the free-agent center who jilted the Lakers in July, I had to wonder: Do many of the Los Angeles-area sports fans who fill the seats during Clippers games still care more about the Lakers?

Doesn't it seem like truly passionate Clippers fans would cheer a player who shunned a crosstown rival?

I mean, would New York Jets fans boo an NFL star who abruptly abandoned the Giants? Would Mets fans take to task a guy who left the Yankees?

In the search for answers to the perplexing "why'd they boo Dwight?" phenomenon, you have to consider that, as a sports town, Los Angeles is a tricky place. It has a large, native fanbase, much of which grew up in the sprawling suburbs. These tend to be folks who root avidly for specific teams. They still have their No. 34 Shaq jersey from 2001.

But there's also a large, transient group, people who arrived from some place else not as sunny -- the group that seems to form the identity of the city, for better or worse, and which gets behind whatever local team seems headed for the deep rounds of the playoffs. They're casual Los Angeles sports fans. To them, Dwight dissed the city, not just a team.

Digging deeper, with Howard also alienating Orlando and the entire state of Florida before he arrived for his short stay in L.A. during the summer of 2012, there does seem to be a broader D12 dissonance brewing. Howard was, after all, booed over the summer during an exhibition in the Philippines.

Meanwhile, Q Scores, a research company that evaluates the public's reaction to celebrities, now ranks Howard as the least-liked player in the NBA.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Talk therapy needs to focus on insecurity and unhealthy obsessions.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

It's not rocket science, as pointed out above...the Heat lost at the Sixers the 2nd night of back to backs on the road.
              I don't buy your back to back theory.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

And...Lakeshow.

Nice win. Ugly game
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Yeah, about time this thread related to its subject line. Good job.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Played the 2nd game of back to back away at the Clippers, and were beaten soundly.
                    I have to agree with the NBA crew Blake Griffin and Dwight Howard aren't Championship material.

Sucks for Chris Paul
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Mods, please change the thread title to Clipshow. Clippers can charge IOP rent for the space they occupy in his head.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

HOUSTON -- Dwight Howard downplayed any talk about his former team as the Houston Rockets prepared to play the Los Angeles Lakers for the first time since Howard left L.A. for Houston in July.

"Our team is on a mission so we can't concern ourselves with one game," Howard said after Thursday's shootaround. "We're trying to accomplish something big and can't be too high or too low in any game. We got to stay even keeled and try to go out there and win."

When a reporter followed up by asking Howard what it would be like to face his former teammates, he repeated the same refrain.

"It's another game," Howard said. "Just go out there and play, have fun and get a win."

Obviously you couldn't concern yourself with one game.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Kobe Bryant wasn't surprised that Clippers fans booed ex-Laker Dwight Howard on Monday.

"They are undercover [Laker fans]," Bryant said. "The city of L.A. it's like whether you're a Clippers fan or a Laker … they take it personally no matter what," Bryant said. "Now it's more maddening. I don't expect any Lakers fans to be at Clippers games if we're not playing them."
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡