Mayweather Vs McGregor: You Are Fighting the Wrong Fight Connor!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Mayweather Vs McGregor: You Are Fighting the Wrong Fight Connor!

By now, you probably know Floyd Mayweather is coming out of retirement to fight Connor McGregor.

Someone asked me a few years ago who would win if a Muhammad Ali in his prime fought Bruce Lee. My reply was it depends on which kind of fight is fought. If you made it a boxing match, and took away most of Bruce Lee's moves (like his kicks), Ali would win hands down. If you put them in a MMA style match, it favors Bruce Lee, because now he can use all of his moves against Ali who doesn't have any moves besides traditional boxing.

I see the same thing here. McGregor won't be able to use nearly all the moves he's used to using, and that gives the advantage in a huge way to Mayweather. This isn't a knock on McGregor, it's just that his hands are going to be tied behind his back, and Mayweather is going to make a fool out of him for money.

Of course, McGregor could get a lucky shot in and knock out Mayweather, but the odds of that happening is closer to me winning the lottery than Foreman knocking out Moorer.

Sorry, but I just don't buy the hype.
    sigpic
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think it will go the distance, but no one will like it. The skill level disparity is huge, and McGregor will lose a lot of his pop with boxing gloves. Mayweather will be backpedaling all fight, while McGregor will be looking for an opening that will never come, because Mayweather will not initiate it and can just dodge any punch his way. Only way that McGregor could win is to rush and brawl, maybe fouling Mayweather with a low blow to try to get him to blow his composure.

As far as Ali vs. Bruce Lee, the size and strength discrepancy is key.. Ali has at least 50 lbs. It's tough predict how Lee would be as a boxer, as there is so little completion film on him. I think Lee would be faster than Ali, based on a youtube video I saw of Lee in a match with a former student, seeing him hit the student with ease, despite the student knowing what was coming.

Comment

Working...
    X