• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
    The political stuff is just noise, I personally don't see why athletes feel they need to do it since it just alienates half of the fan base anyway. I suppose I have too much respect for teammates to suck all of the air out of the room with my opinions and advocacy.

They wowed on the field but the celebrations have been grating. Virtually everyone not a USWNT supporter seems to be of the opinion they are arrogant and over the top in celebration. A few times I honestly felt they were insulting to their opponents. Rapinoe is blatantly self promoting, I have no issue with her making money as it's a short career but her shtick is getting boring. Golden Ball and Golden Boot for scoring penalties? I'd buy the Golden Ball for best player but Golden Boot should go to player who scores most in run of play not a designated penalty taker

I saw a tweet last night of the locker room celebration and the comments were brutal. I didnt follow the rabbit down the hole on that but i wouldnt be shocked if most were Pro Trumpers. But i dont know. Its possible that Anti Trumpers also were not thrilled with the antics.

Ill try and find that tweet.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

I didn't see that. Read about 6-7 U.K. papers and they are getting blistered. Apparently pretty similar throughout Europe. The Ugly American stereotype

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I had to dig into my internet history to find this. lol Its from a MAGA guy. So its going to have a bunch of people in their dissing the team because of their stance on the WH i guess. But its hard to find the unedited version.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Oof. That video shouldn't have made it into the public. I'm not a Trump guy but that isn't a good look. Add it to the list of reasons they are being criticized I guess.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            Oof. That video shouldn't have made it into the public. I'm not a Trump guy but that isn't a good look. Add it to the list of reasons they are being criticized I guess.
            I see CHAMPIONS celebrating.

How is this any different than any other team celebrating "together" their amazing 2nd consecutive World Cup Title?
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I see CHAMPIONS celebrating.

How is this any different than any other team celebrating "together" their amazing 2nd consecutive World Cup Title?
              I agree. Don't like it? Beat them.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I dont think i have a problem with the celebration. I think posting it publicly was probably pretty stupid. Because youth soccer players see it. The girls need to keep this stuff a little more private. Just my opinion.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  I dont think i have a problem with the celebration. I think posting it publicly was probably pretty stupid. Because youth soccer players see it. The girls need to keep this stuff a little more private. Just my opinion.
                  Youth football, baseball, basketball doesn't see Champaign popping, foul language, religious excrement spouted, dancing, exhilaration of winning, etc?

I guess I just didn't see anything that was really objectionable in that clip. Did I miss something?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Youth football, baseball, basketball doesn't see Champaign popping, foul language, religious excrement spouted, dancing, exhilaration of winning, etc?

I guess I just didn't see anything that was really objectionable in that clip. Did I miss something?
                    Maybe i just cant recall seeing that? Not from a National Team. It probably exists. We dont have to agree. As a USA thing i dont like seeing it.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

It's our national team. Representing all of us, not a youth team or pro team. I don't think singing about your pussy is the image most Americans want portrayed by people wrapped in the a Flag. They filmed it and let it get on social media. Now they own it

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍