• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Spurs - I mean, they're trophy cabinet consists of putting the pressure on rivals.
    Hmmm, makes me think of a certain team. Thanks for the thoughts... that's why for me its hard to pick one.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

If you watch long enough a team will pick you. When I first started watching seriously Liverpool had player manager Kenny Dalglish, John Barnes, John Aldredge, Peter Beardsley. Loved those guys but it did end. So I justI watched everyone and didn't truly support anyone.

The old Leeds teams, Wimbledon Crazy fucks, Millwall and their Knuckle dragging hooligan fan base. Never liked ManU or Chelsea, Didn't mind Arsenal under George Graham, the Wenger "French" version not so much. Norwich found me. Proper local football team.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I was watching the Spurs, mostly because they were on NBC a lot, and also they had Harry Kane, and Dele Alli, guys I recognized from the English national team, from watching the last World Cup, as well as Son from Korea, but they seem to be just short, and under their potential. Also, seems to me the fan base is not as involved, but I don't know. I've never liked ManU, maybe because they seem like the Yankees, and have the Chevy bowtie, which for some reason turns me off on a futbol kit.

Maybe just being a neutral in watching the Premiere League is ok. The Chargers are the only sports team (other than the USA national teams) that I have any emotion for, or have extremely high expectations for (like the Lakers and Barca... as long as they have Messi). Wake me up when the Padres and baseball aren't boring, lol.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
          Millwall and their Knuckle dragging hooligan fan base.
          Crazy to think that the hooliganism is still so prevelant amongst that fanbase. Was it during the last FA Cup that a millwall supporter stabbed a bubble blowing hammer? Other than miscasting Elija Wood as some sort of convert to hooliganism, Green Street Hooligans is quite entertaining though.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Also, seems to me the fan base is not as involved, but I don't know.
            They were completely outnumbered in Madrid, at least 10 to 1, but all the Spurs fans I encountered were very cool, happy to be there. There is a pub in OB for Spurs supporters I happened upon when bored duing my kid's academy training one morning at Robb Field, The Harp on Newport. It was funny, nothing like the supporters of of the other so called top-6, Chatted with the owner, Irish Chelsea supporter that really prefers Rugby to footy anyway. Good guy. Not sure what any of that has to do with anything, but oh well, lol. Princess (the good guys, LFC), Bluefoot (Arsenal and I believe Aston Villa), of course Shakespeares (Chelsea, Man U and general EPL and all footy) and O'Briens (USMNT, and I suppose USWNT) whose owner is a big LFC fan but the pub is pretty agnostic are all great places to catch a match and figure out how much more fun it is to support Liverpool than those other clubs, lol.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Canaries less than 24 hours from putting a dampener on Liverpuds title run.

3-2 Canaries. Hey I can dream right. Farke said this team built to attack. Parking the bus will just get them relegated. They need to score goals and get wins not grind out 0-0 draws
              Last edited by chargerkdb; 08-09-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

And Canaries score first goal of EPL season. An own goal.....ughh

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Oh well. Guess we will have to reverse it at Carrow Road

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

UEFA Super Cup at Noon PT on Wednesday the 14th in Istanbul, the continental version of the Community Shield (not a big deal).

Champions of Europe Liverpool v. Europa winners Chelsea

I could see Pulisic getting his first start for his new club against his old manager, but then again, who the F knows what Frank Lampard is thinking? Liverpool without the best keeper in the world after Alisson got hurt taking a goal kick v. the Canaries and Chelsea most likely missing Kante, quite easily their best player at this point.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We've conquered all of Europe...we're never gonna stop, from Paris, err, from Madrid down to Turkey, we've won the fucking lot! ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!

Choppy game, but the good guys win another European Trophy, another shootout in Istanbul (although 2005 was infinitely better). For the USMNT fans, Pulisic was fantastic in his first start for the losers, but Kante is still easily the best Chelsea field player, so good and so underrated. Lampard obviously exaggerated Kante's injury issue.

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Southampton v. the Champions of Europe and Super Cup Champions - Liverpool was Chelsea's opponent in that Wednesday game that ended at 1am on Thursday, and a prize for winning the supercup, gets to travel on Thursday from Istanbul to England and go to Southampton for a game on Saturday. And for the second game in a row, a keeper gets hurt, this time when a celebrating supporter slid into the keeper trying to evade security injuring Adrian's ankle. At least the game wasn't Friday.
                          Arsenal v. Burnley - Arsenal at the Eithad against a team many expected to be in a relegation battle looks lopsided on paper. But Burnley and Sam Dyche can be a pain in the ass and have no issue playing dirty and trying to grind out results. Still see Arsenal easy despite Burnley's brilliant start in week 1.
                          Man Citeh v. Tottenham Hotspur - Normally you would expect Citeh in Manchester to be difficult to beat, but everyone knows that if Spurs spent 70MM on one player they would be 'bulletproof', they not only spent that 70MM on one player and apparently he is now the greatest player on the planet, they also spent another 80MM on a couple more players. Anything less than a Spurs romp would be a failure for Tottenham. Good luck. Sincerely, good luck. Really do hope they take points of Citeh.
                          Chelsea v. Leicester City - Huge game for both Frank Lampard and Brendan Rodgers. Really interesting matchup made more interesting by Chelsea having played Sunday-Wednesday(into Thursday)-Sunday. Pulisic played fantastic in Istanbul, deserves another start.
                          Wolves. vs. Scum - Another really interesting match up. Wolves are doing really well in the Europa qualifiers and see themselves competing with the big 6 and have, easily, the better manager. United coming of a big confidence boosting win over Chelsea. Anything goes here, Wolves have a very good chance to get something of this game. In 2018/2019 they took points of everyone in the big 6, except, of course, the 2019 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE SEXY REDS!

LETS GO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡