• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Allright you all know me Im a huge charger fan just like all of you are but when it comes to baseball I'm a huge reds fan and you guys getting Taylor Trammel from us kind of irked me we gave up a lot just to get Bauer for the rest of this season and all of next season and you guys gave up lot also but I wanted to see how he would do in a Reds uniform. I think both teams have improved tremendously this season and next year I think the reds will be one of the favorites to win the NL central. I think our starting pitching matches up with just about any team but our bullpen sucks. I do think the Padres are a few years away from being able to compete against the Dodgers but the future does look bright for them.

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      Allright you all know me Im a huge charger fan just like all of you are but when it comes to baseball I'm a huge reds fan and you guys getting Taylor Trammel from us kind of irked me we gave up a lot just to get Bauer for the rest of this season and all of next season and you guys gave up lot also but I wanted to see how he would do in a Reds uniform. I think both teams have improved tremendously this season and next year I think the reds will be one of the favorites to win the NL central. I think our starting pitching matches up with just about any team but our bullpen sucks. I do think the Padres are a few years away from being able to compete against the Dodgers but the future does look bright for them.
      We are not all Los Angeles fans. Aren't we in the San Diego sports forum?

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
        We are not all Los Angeles fans. Aren't we in the San Diego sports forum?
        LOL hence why I was talking about the Padres.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

LOL hence why I was talking about the Padres.
          You buried the lede.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Tatis is out - possibly for the year, and I am sure Paddack will be done soon. Our season was over by June again. It is never easy being a San Diego sports fan.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Does Green keep his job? Ive question a lot of his pitching moves this year.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I don't know. When our ace can't throw more than 70 pitches and gets shipped up and down from the Minors, it makes it tough to win much.

The offense should have produced more. All the shifting of players in and out and up and down the lineup and in and out of the Majors didn't give our young hitters much of a chance to develop. I can't tell how much of this multi-year commitment to indecision is Green's and how much of it is Preller's.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  They need to fire Green. This team isn't ready to compete but an actual good manager I feel could get more out of them. But it seems someone in the office loves him for some reason.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Because our decision maker failed at deciding which players we want to develop into our starters for next year, we are only a touch closer to having a decent offense than we were in April. I don't know if that decision maker is Green, Preller, or somebody else, but whoever he is should have his powers curtailed.

The biggest example of our failure to decide is the outfield. We had Myers, Naylor, Reyes, Renfroe, and Margot. Instead of picking three players and getting them consistent at bats, we only picked two and then traded one of those two for yet another outfield prospect. Why? Pick three, and leave them out there. Which three? Hell if I know; I am not a professional MLB talent evaluator. But the effing Padres should have made a decision Day 1.

Fortunately, we have been better at deciding who our starting pitchers will be. Unfortunately, none of those starters seem to be able to throw more than 5 innings very often. Maybe next year our top free-agent move should be to get a guy who can throw a lot of innings. Or maybe we go heavy on relievers and just have guys who can throw two or three innings every other game as opposed to having a regular starting rotation. Is that idea even possible? Could guys like Paddack and Strahm be more valuable as long relievers who throw six innings over a five-day period rather than as starters who throw five innings every 5th game? Could their apparently fragile arms handle that better, or would it be worse? I know they will never be Nolan Ryan, but could they be Craig Lefferts?

Anyway, losing the Spanoses and now Kawhi to L.A. has made me appreciate the Pads a lot more. Rooting for a team that will likely never win jack is a lot more entertaining and wardrobe-enhancing than having no team at all.

Go Aztecs! Go Padres! Go San Diego.
                    Last edited by thelightningwill; 08-24-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Because our decision maker failed at deciding which players we want to develop into our starters for next year, we are only a touch closer to having a decent offense than we were in April. I don't know if that decision maker is Green, Preller, or somebody else, but whoever he is should have his powers curtailed.

The biggest example of our failure to decide is the outfield. We had Myers, Naylor, Reyes, Renfroe, and Margot. Instead of picking three players and getting them consistent at bats, we only picked two and then traded one of those two for yet another outfield prospect. Why? Pick three, and leave them out there. Which three? Hell if I know; I am not a professional MLB talent evaluator. But the effing Padres should have made a decision Day 1.

Fortunately, we have been better at deciding who our starting pitchers will be. Unfortunately, none of those starters seem to be able to throw more than 5 innings very often. Maybe next year our top free-agent move should be to get a guy who can throw a lot of innings. Or maybe we go heavy on relievers and just have guys who can throw two or three innings every other game as opposed to having a regular starting rotation. Is that idea even possible? Could guys like Paddack and Strahm be more valuable as long relievers who throw six innings over a five-day period rather than as starters who throw five innings every 5th game? Could their apparently fragile arms handle that better, or would it be worse? I know they will never be Nolan Ryan, but could they be Craig Lefferts?

Anyway, losing the Spanoses and now Kawhi to L.A. has made me appreciate the Pads a lot more. Rooting for a team that will likely never win jack is a lot more entertaining and wardrobe-enhancing than having no team at all.

Go Aztecs! Go Padres! Go San Diego.
                      I dont know if its Green or Preller either but the guys they call up is a joke. Keep calling up these Double A pitchers and they get bombed and some of the other guys just arent panning out and teh pitching has been terrible. Strahm hasnt been very good this year so he hasnt progressed.
                      Paddock is coming off of tommy john surgery so they are limiting him and they will Lamat to innings pitched.

They got some prospects for the outfield but Myers hasnt progressed either, Naylor just needs to play more, Margot needs to make a leap. Janokowski i know Green loves him but he isnt a good enough hitter to be a leadoff man and he has been injury prone but not as bad as Frenchy Cordero. That guy has been a total china doll.

Reyes was expendable because he isnt a very good outfielder and is a perfect DH for an American league team but damn he was hitting pretty good for us.

Padres need some pitching and have to either fix Hedges or trade him because he cant hit. Just too inconsistant and has regressed every year.

Id like them to gire Andy Green. I just think a good manager would get more out of these guys and he just isnt a good manager yet. His lineup changes every day are ridiculous.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont know if its Green or Preller either but the guys they call up is a joke. Keep calling up these Double A pitchers and they get bombed and some of the other guys just arent panning out and teh pitching has been terrible. Strahm hasnt been very good this year so he hasnt progressed.
                        Paddock is coming off of tommy john surgery so they are limiting him and they will Lamat to innings pitched.

They got some prospects for the outfield but Myers hasnt progressed either, Naylor just needs to play more, Margot needs to make a leap. Janokowski i know Green loves him but he isnt a good enough hitter to be a leadoff man and he has been injury prone but not as bad as Frenchy Cordero. That guy has been a total china doll.

Reyes was expendable because he isnt a very good outfielder and is a perfect DH for an American league team but damn he was hitting pretty good for us.

Padres need some pitching and have to either fix Hedges or trade him because he cant hit. Just too inconsistant and has regressed every year.

Id like them to gire Andy Green. I just think a good manager would get more out of these guys and he just isnt a good manager yet. His lineup changes every day are ridiculous.
                        Paddack's Tommy John surgery was in 2016. Does it take this long to recover? Did it even take Tommy John that long?

The team has limited pretty much all the starters. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is because I don't know anything. It seems like all teams do this now, which makes the game lamer.

The more young pitchers pitch, they tend to do worse because the hitters now have seen them and can pick apart their flaws. Pitchers like Strahm need to pitch threw the bad times and improve. We can't do to him what we have done to Mejia and Urias, who we sit as soon as they have a bad couple days. Players don't get better at playing unless they are playing. If Mejia, Urias, and Strahm are parts of our future, they need to play as much as possible in the Big Leagues. And, if they aren't part of our future, we need to stop wasting our time with them. I think we have made a decision with Strahm. As far as Mejia, Urias, and a number of other players go, it seems we are clueless.

Renfroe, I think, is the poster child for how Preller/Green run things. For his first three years with the Pads, Renfroe was given at bats so inconsistently that he still hasn't developed to a consistent hitter.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Paddack's Tommy John surgery was in 2016. Does it take this long to recover? Did it even take Tommy John that long?

The team has limited pretty much all the starters. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is because I don't know anything. It seems like all teams do this now, which makes the game lamer.

The more young pitchers pitch, they tend to do worse because the hitters now have seen them and can pick apart their flaws. Pitchers like Strahm need to pitch threw the bad times and improve. We can't do to him what we have done to Mejia and Urias, who we sit as soon as they have a bad couple days. Players don't get better at playing unless they are playing. If Mejia, Urias, and Strahm are parts of our future, they need to play as much as possible in the Big Leagues. And, if they aren't part of our future, we need to stop wasting our time with them. I think we have made a decision with Strahm. As far as Mejia, Urias, and a number of other players go, it seems we are clueless.

Renfroe, I think, is the poster child for how Preller/Green run things. For his first three years with the Pads, Renfroe was given at bats so inconsistently that he still hasn't developed to a consistent hitter.
                          True on Paddock but thats what i keep hearing during broadcast. They want to linmit his innings. Lamat will get the same because of his TJ surgery. Strahm has stunk all year imo. Yes he can get better but this team shows the are still another 2-3 years away which is longer than they said it would be because of players not panning out as thought.
                          Renfore is in a terrible slump but he has become a good outfielder and has power. Just needs to be more displined at the plate. Goes for Hedges and Myers as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍