• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

A lot of rookies play in the nickle and dime. For one, since most teams phase in their nickle package it gives them a couple of weeks to get up to speed. Everything is pretty basic in week 1, 2, 3, and then progressively builds form there. Second, how many teams carry 6 to 7 vet DB? That should answer your question right there.

As far as playing a nickle DB, I am not suggesting that I would stop starting Gilchrist at SS. If I wanted Taylor of Stuckey to be the guy coming in off the bench, why not have them come in and play the SS spot, and have Gilchrist slide up and play NB. There is no reason you have to have the guy coming in play the nickle back spot. They can play a traditional position and Gilchrist can be the guy who moves around. Then you have the advantage of having a S or CB since Gilchrist can do both, and it gets the better guy starting (Gilchrist).

In fact, in a pinch you could even have stuckey and Taylor split time in the SS spot, where Stuckey plays in the passing situations, since he has more experience as a deep S, and use Taylor as the run down, in the box type of S if you wanted to.
    Last edited by Steve; 06-24-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Time to watch this nickle and dime NFL
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        Ingram should of been starting over Philips for one.
        I would say that Ingram should have been used more as a designated pass rusher than dropping him into coverage his first year myself. Phillips, by the way, got 9.5 sacks last year just for the record. Oh, and we kept Pagano who is the guy who had the biggest influence on who played and who did not on defense last year.

But, just one player, and in Norv's last year. Can't you do a bit better than that?

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Clipboard Jesus No, Vincent Brown, Ladarius Green, the CBs who will start this year in Gilcrest and Wright...
          If you were answering me (which is why you quote to be honest) I would say that VB was injured during TC and PS which hurt his development in a year when we didn't have minicamps and L. Green is a developmental guy who never had to be thrust into playing because Gates was healthy all year. VB did play later on during the year and did pretty well which led us to think he would be someone to count on last year until he broke his ankle in PS. Oh, Gilchrist got his shot his rookie year when Cason broke his hand which was a move loved on here until he had his first bad game (which I think was his first as a starter). Since then he has become Cason.v.2 on this board. Wright missed all of TC with an injury and was kept on the roster for his potential, playing down the stretch (well, for the record) on ST.

Try to do better next time.

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

So, Den60 is not only belittling the content of posts and name calling, he's telling people HOW to post. Next he'll be checking everyones grammer. He reminds me of someone...ever go by the handle "Swami" Den? The condescension is over the top and has no place in an honest debate. You make yourself out to be some Master-Debater (:rimshot but violate the basic rules of debate. Make your arguement without making it personal. Let your, so-called, facts speak for themself and drive home your points. Otherwise you're just an egotist who thinks the louder he speaks the more right he is.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Master Debater logo:
              sigpic

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                So, Den60 is not only belittling the content of posts and name calling, he's telling people HOW to post. Next he'll be checking everyones grammer. He reminds me of someone...ever go by the handle "Swami" Den? The condescension is over the top and has no place in an honest debate. You make yourself out to be some Master-Debater (:rimshot but violate the basic rules of debate. Make your arguement without making it personal. Let your, so-called, facts speak for themself and drive home your points. Otherwise you're just an egotist who thinks the louder he speaks the more right he is.
                His self-aggrandizement got really tiring over on the other board and it looks like he's brought his schtick over here.

Comment

It will be easier for you guys to get along when you understand that Den knows more than the rest of us.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Time to light this firewerkz
                    sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Master Debater logo:
                      :Jackie Gleason in The Toy logo
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Aaand away we go:
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X