• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I tried it doesn't work. It's all good though. I'm glad someone is fighting for him. Hopefully he fights for that contract.
    If Ingram suddenly returns to form with an adrenaline-fueled, 10-sack season, I hope he's not expecting another $64 mil, 4-year deal...not at his age...

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I tried it doesn't work. It's all good though. I'm glad someone is fighting for him. Hopefully he fights for that contract.
      That because you didn't try hard enough. It probably helps if you and Cat actually read what I said. No one said he was elite. We were arguing that his contract was fine for his production and that you both need to stop getting hung up on things like sacks.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Ingram suddenly returns to form with an adrenaline-fueled, 10-sack season, I hope he's not expecting another $64 mil, 4-year deal...not at his age...
        No one here expects him to get that big of an extension again if he does resign with the Chargers.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No one here expects him to get that big of an extension again if he does resign with the Chargers.
          Agree that Ingram won't get that big of an extension...on the other hand, he may think he's worth that kind of $$$ or more...remember what recently happened with the other Mel?

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Agree that Ingram won't get that big of an extension...on the other hand, he may think he's worth that kind of $$$ or more...remember what recently happened with the other Mel?
            The other Mel was trying to get his second contract while he was still in his prime. Ingram may try the same thing but I think he realizes things are different now that he's in his 30s and third contract will not be as large. There's a lot of hypotheticals in this thread as if Ingram was trying to get his second contract again even though that has already passed without any issues. So I'm not sure why Gaither, Butler, and now Gordon have been brought up.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

The other Mel was trying to get his second contract while he was still in his prime. Ingram may try the same thing but I think he realizes things are different now that he's in his 30s and third contract will not be as large. There's a lot of hypotheticals in this thread as if Ingram was trying to get his second contract again even though that has already passed without any issues. So I'm not sure why Gaither, Butler, and now Gordon have been brought up.
              Lazy Gaither was an extreme example of the danger of rewarding a player with red flag issues with a big contract. Butler was an example of a player who showed promise, then inexplicably slacked after getting his payday 2nd deal. Butler was the real head-scratcher. The danger of rewarding Ingram with a big 3rd contract is that he might pull a Butler. Might. So, the Bolts should play it safe and offer him a team-friendly 2-year deal, with an "out" after the first year...and this is IF Ingram has a solid season with the Bolts...I'd like to see 9+ sacks and a lot of pressures...

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Lazy Gaither was an extreme example of the danger of rewarding a player with red flag issues with a big contract. Butler was an example of a player who showed promise, then inexplicably slacked after getting his payday 2nd deal. Butler was the real head-scratcher. The danger of rewarding Ingram with a big 3rd contract is that he might pull a Butler. Might. So, the Bolts should play it safe and offer him a team-friendly 2-year deal, with an "out" after the first year...and this is IF Ingram has a solid season with the Bolts...I'd like to see 9+ sacks and a lot of pressures...
                Gaither, Butler, and Gordon were all trying to get paid via the 2nd contract since they were on their rookie deals. The second contract is when players get paid the most because that's when they're supposed to be in their prime. Unless you're a QB, it's doubtful you make as much on your third contract. We don't have to worry about that with Ingram since 2017 already passed. Hence why your hypotheticals don't make any sense. This isn't even apples to oranges. This is like apples to orangutan.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

all this haggling about MI and watch him get a 4 yr deal in the 60m again...with another duped team.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                    all this haggling about MI and watch him get a 4 yr deal in the 60m again...with another duped team.
                    What would a Charger forum be without a whipping boy. From Jammer to Clary to Ingram now. We may have moved forums but somethings never changed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

If he has a 10-sack season I'd still let him walk. Contract incentive but he is on the wrong side of 30 now.
                      He has been playing to form. Anything above 8 sacks is exceeding it.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

What would a Charger forum be without a whipping boy. From Jammer to Clary to Ingram now. We may have moved forums but somethings never changed.
                        It isn't just now for me as far as Ingram goes. I wasn't too thrilled that we drafted him and he hasn't done much to make me change my mind.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Sure hope they don't have the same agent.

Comment

Working...
                          X