• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Good news: he will probably drop.
    Bad news: do you want to take risk at 13th? Or even the 47th?
    A microdisectomy sounds scary, but it’s a super minor routine surgery with minimal needed recovery time. Farley will be fine way before the start of training camp.

My only question is: why did he wait until now to get it done?
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

A microdisectomy sounds scary, but it’s a super minor routine surgery with minimal needed recovery time. Farley will be fine way before the start of training camp.

That’s my question as well. It seems weird since he opted out this year. So where did the injury come from? Unless it’s been an ongoing issue that he finally decided to address. Poor timing on his part really.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Man that Pitts gallop is pretty. Really reminds me of my son running down the sideline in Rugby. Big kid with crazy long legs. Just coasts. Wont get past the Eagles.

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Covid, maybe? I know a couple of people who put off surgery because they were afraid they'd get covid

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

That’s my question as well. It seems weird since he opted out this year. So where did the injury come from? Unless it’s been an ongoing issue that he finally decided to address. Poor timing on his part really.
            He missed time in 2019 due to a nerve issue in his back. I dont care if hes ready for camp or how minimally invasive this surgery is. Im freaked out over players with injury red flags. Im just over high draft picks being hurt.

Tough call because when hes healthy hes really good. Derwin had some medical red flags. Probably why teams passed over him.

With that said? Telesco will absolutely draft him if hes there at 13.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Straight trash.We aint goin WR at 13 lol.I see they have Little goin at 20 or so.Probably wont make to the 2nd rd.
              While I'd agree that we have a good group of receivers, I'd be tempted if either Pitts or Chase fell to us. It would have to be a unique set of circumstances though. IOW's, most of the good offensive linemen would have to be gone to tempt me there.

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

I was hoping for a Farley selection, but the need for surgery, the delays in having it...have scared me off this pick. Agree w/Fleet. Hoping we can get Slater or trade down.

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  I also dont think Davis Mills workout makes him a first. I think that is ridiculous. He ran a fast 40 but he isnt a running QB at all and has been injured quite a bit from his senior year in high school to early years at Stanford,.... and isnt bulky so running wont help him there. He isnt a Lamar or Murray there. He was a pocket passer.

I think Trask is still the better prospect over him considering that. I have him late second and dispite what Sims said about him, i have Mond late 3rd round. But hey, this draft could be nuts. They been built them up before predicting lots of first round trades and they didnt happen so we'll see.
                  I don't know enough to intelligently critique Mills or Trask.

But I do see this: Positional value is a bigger thing in the NFL than ever before. And QB's are the diamond in that matrix. A QB who a few years ago might have been a third rounder might now be a late 1st round selection, IMO.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

He missed time in 2019 due to a nerve issue in his back. I dont care if hes ready for camp or how minimally invasive this surgery is. Im freaked out over players with injury red flags. Im just over high draft picks being hurt.

Tough call because when hes healthy hes really good. Derwin had some medical red flags. Probably why teams passed over him.

With that said? Telesco will absolutely draft him if hes there at 13.
                    TT has passed over other players because of mitigating injuries before. It depends on how serious the injury is. This doesn’t seem like something he would risk in the first round.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

TT has passed over other players because of mitigating injuries before. It depends on how serious the injury is. This doesn’t seem like something he would risk in the first round.
                      Didnt Mike Williams hurt his back in college? And then didnt he deal with back issues when he became a Bolt? Im sort of vague on the details. Lazy. But its somethin i thought of when we used that high pick on him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Didnt Mike Williams hurt his back in college? And then didnt he deal with back issues when he became a Bolt? Im sort of vague on the details. Lazy. But its somethin i thought of when we used that high pick on him.
                        Believe it was a fractured vertabra in his neck in college. Caught a TD and got shoved into the goalpost.

Edit...

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Believe it was a fractured vertabra in his neck in college. Caught a TD and got shoved into the goalpost.

Edit...

Then he had a disc with us right? Hes battled back issues i know that. I love Farley. I just am so on edge with this team and injuries.

Comment

Working...
                          X