• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

A week ago I didn’t think it possible that the bengals would take anyone but Sewell at #5. Now I’m not so sure they don’t take Pitts or especially Chase. I mean, they have bookends in Jonah Williams and Reiff.
    When you’re franchise QB is actively campaigning for his #1 target from college, it’s hard not to listen.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

When you’re franchise QB is actively campaigning for his #1 target from college, it’s hard not to listen.
      But thats how you might get Mike Williams instead of say, DeShaun Watson.

A franchise LT helps more than a WR. Reiff has a couple years - Sewell has 10

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I didnt expect that 40 from Marshall. Damn.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But thats how you might get Mike Williams instead of say, DeShaun Watson.

A franchise LT helps more than a WR. Reiff has a couple years - Sewell has 10
            Agree. But from an ownership and GM’s perspective they might care more about short term elevation. Reiff has about a 5M cap hit this year, so having that $ on the bench isn’t optimal.

But they could get an immediate impact by drafting Pitts or Chase while still getting a RT of the future in the 2nd or 3rd, giving him a year to develop behind Reiff.

If the Bengals want to invigorate their fan base and sell tickets, a flashy impact receiver that helps Burrow is the way to go.

My crystal ball was blurry for a while, but now an image of Chase is materializing.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

He is not getting to the Broncos - he will be gone by 8

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is not getting to the Broncos - he will be gone by 8
                The Broncos have a ton of needs and Fant. I don’t expect they’d take him. That said, Pitts is a freak, so I won’t fault any team for taking him. I would lean away from wanting the Chargers to take a WR at 13, but Pitts is something different. He’s actually a passable blocker, and he’s a freak athletically. He doesn’t fill a pressing need like LT or CB, but if we get him at 13 I’ll be very happy. And stunned. Because he shouldn’t fall our of the top 10.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The link I provided listed his pro day measurements. I think in one of his Insta posts he mentions he's 5-7.5.
                  Same projections. No date filled in or anything else. That is NOT trust worthy and as i said, his school didnt have a pro day so that why it isnt filled in.

So im gonna go by the actual measurements taken at University of Colorado Buffalos Proday which he was at.

You want to show otherwise, you need to find where he said he is 5'7" and post it. And i dont know why he would say he is 5'7", if he measured over 5'8", unless he had elevator shoes or inserts on like Kyler Murray probably had on lol.
                  He is closer to 5'9" than he is 5'7". Regardless, he is much stouter than Darden who is a measley 175 lb . I just doubt we are looking for a tiny WR.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Same projections. No date filled in or anything else. That is NOT trust worthy and as i said, his school didnt have a pro day so that why it isnt filled in.

So im gonna go by the actual measurements taken at University of Colorado Buffalos Proday which he was at.

You want to show otherwise, you need to find where he said he is 5'7" and post it. And i dont know why he would say he is 5'7", if he measured over 5'8", unless he had elevator shoes or inserts on like Kyler Murray probably had on lol.
                    He is closer to 5'9" than he is 5'7". Regardless, he is much stouter than Darden who is a measley 175 lb . I just doubt we are looking for a tiny WR.
                    We already have speedy undersized receivers on the roster. If we go WR in this draft we’ll take one with size and speed.

*cough* fehoko* cough*
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Priority #1 Protect your Franchise QB

Priority #2 Implement Staley’s Defense

2a. Secondary man coverage DB

2b. Pass rusher who compliments Bosa

2c. Safety versatility both against the run & pass

Priority #3 add depth @ positions of need that align w/BPA. OT/OG, DT/DE, OLB.

As a draft fanatic, someone who cherish the process, falling in and out of love with prospects for your team, you have to let go sometime and maximize draft capital to its fullest in order to build a complete roster. After the blue chip prospects fall off and all that remains are only slightly better than player just a few picks later @ position of need. You trade down. Teams will always want to trade up, especially early.

Key is trading that #13 pick for better value, later in first, 2nd and 3rd. Nobody knows who those trading partners will be but if you can lock down a player of need, OT/CB, let’s just say #17-#21 and pick up extra 2nd. Then just do it. If either of those 2nd’s looks like player coveted might go before that pick, you can trade back up with later rd 3rd. Or maybe 4th depending how for you want to jump ahead.

say all that to outline these for prospects that fit Chargers in first 3 rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft.

Trade 13th and 118 (4th) to Chicago for 20th and 52nd selections.
                      20th - Teven Jenkins, OT 6-6 320. Very definition of enforcer. Smart, tough, exceptional footwork, finishes every play of every down. Reminds me of a young Duane Brown.

47th - Carlos Boogy Basham, DE 6-5 280. 3-4 DE opposite Joey Bosa. Gives Staley pass rushing threat @ both ends.

52nd - Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB 6-3 213. Has size and speed to play boundary corner, drop down in slot or slide over as 3rd safety.

77th - Eric Stokes, CB 6-1 185. Press corner who adds slot depth, bolstering Staley’s secondary with much needed depth and playmaker.

97th - Tommy Tremble, TE 6-4 250. Need pick, to develop as future starting TE, who can block, chip on the edges, good route runner with reliable hands. Hopefully can turn into a Hunter Henry clone.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

The Broncos have a ton of needs and Fant. I don’t expect they’d take him. That said, Pitts is a freak, so I won’t fault any team for taking him. I would lean away from wanting the Chargers to take a WR at 13, but Pitts is something different. He’s actually a passable blocker, and he’s a freak athletically. He doesn’t fill a pressing need like LT or CB, but if we get him at 13 I’ll be very happy. And stunned. Because he shouldn’t fall our of the top 10.
                        Thats what I am saying - I don't think he makes it past the Panthers to even get to the Broncos.

I just don't see him getting to the Chargers and I kind of hope he is picked - I want Tommy T to focus on LT and CB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

We already have speedy undersized receivers on the roster. If we go WR in this draft we’ll take one with size and speed.

*cough* fehoko* cough*
                          We dont have any undersized WR's. Tyron is undersized. He is 6'1", 193, Reed is 6", 224 lbs, Hill is 6', 195, Guyton 6'1", 212. And of course we know Keenan an MW size.

If we go WR , which we could or not.....there are several good sized recievers in this draft. Hec Scrachan as a late pick would be a nice one to develope. Fehoko is another, Watkins, Marlon Wiiliams, Imajujube...however you say his name lol.

Hec if we got Nico, thats'd be great if he fell for a steal. Not sure we go WR i just mock one anyways because it is a deep WR class and insurance if MW ends up wanting to test FA'cy.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍