• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Yes, caught the Director rolling out the bad news. Can’t really blame him, asking for the big bucks but he needs to prove it first. Now just hope Chargers can grab a couple OT’s in the draft, one to start another to develop into starter. Bulaga will be coming due next year.
    I think the plan is to move Feiler to RT after Bulaga moves on. Feiler played well for the Steelers @ RT.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      My guess on #4 trade rumors...

I'm thinking that teams are comfortable with 4 QB's as NFL starters: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Jones. That's why there is a scramble for #4. Maybe Trey Lance is the odd man out...?

Atlanta is looking for a CB or an Edge rusher.

They're probably playing Broncos, Chargers, Vikings, and Patriots against each other. And for bigger hauls: WFT, Bears, and Steelers.

Broncos, Chargers, Vikings pick could net them a top-3 CB. Patriots, WFT, Bears, and Steelers would net them a quality pass rusher.
      If we don’t pony up for the #4 spot, we better hope a QB needy team does (and not the Vikings).

We’d also not want the Broncos to get it, even though they’d probably use it on a QB. Keeping the Broncos at #9 is a good thing because they won’t go OT with that pick. It gives us a better shot at Slater.

The less OT needy teams before us the better.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I think the plan is to move Feiler to RT after Bulaga moves on. Feiler played well for the Steelers @ RT.
        I think the plan is to keep developing Pipkins. If Bulaga goes down I wouldn’t be surprised if Feiler stays at LG and Pipkins gets a shot. If he sucks then Feiler, but the team wants to gauge Pipkins’ progress.

Im in favor of using a late draft pick on a guy like Tommy Doyle or Larnel Coleman just to light a fire under Pipkins’ ass. That way we’ll get competition and we can also release Pipkins in 2022 if he doesn’t improve.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          If we don’t pony up for the #4 spot, we better hope a QB needy team does (and not the Vikings).

We’d also not want the Broncos to get it, even though they’d probably use it on a QB. Keeping the Broncos at #9 is a good thing because they won’t go OT with that pick. It gives us a better shot at Slater.

The less OT needy teams before us the better.
          You guys are freaking out over OT... specifically, Sewell. OT's 2-5 will be 10-year starters from this draft.
          Stay @#13, draft your tackle. Keep your picks. Build your team. It really is that easy.

The tackle you take @#13, is the tackle that the Vikings, Bears, Colts, Steelers, and (most importantly) Chiefs don't get.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Yeah, Steeler fans didn’t like him at LG.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

You guys are freaking out over OT... specifically, Sewell. OT's 2-5 will be 10-year starters from this draft.
              Stay @#13, draft your tackle. Keep your picks. Build your team. It really is that easy.

The tackle you take @#13, is the tackle that the Vikings, Bears, Colts, Steelers, and (most importantly) Chiefs don't get.
              Wait a second... Weren’t you the one that posted yesterday that the Panthers trade might bar us from even getting Darrisaw?

Maybe not, but regardless, my theory is that the Bengals will draft Chase. Burrow’s public statement that he wants Chase is enough to tip the scales. Bengals wanna keep him happy for a number of different reasons.

If we want Sewell, the team we should be prepping a trade with is the Lions. Maybe Dolphins. But that trade won’t go into action until after the Bengals draft Chase.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Wait a second... Weren’t you the one that posted yesterday that the Panthers trade might bar us from even getting Darrisaw?

Maybe not, but regardless, my theory is that the Bengals will draft Chase. Burrow’s public statement that he wants Chase is enough to tip the scales. Bengals wanna keep him happy for a number of different reasons.

If we want Sewell, the team we should be prepping a trade with is the Lions. Maybe Dolphins. But that trade won’t go into action until after the Bengals draft Chase.
                I doubt Miami wants to trade back after trading back up to 6 from 12. They have a target in mind and I don't think it is a OT..
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I doubt Miami wants to trade back after trading back up to 6 from 12. They have a target in mind and I don't think it is a OT..
                  I would laugh really hard if they got Justin Fields there after Draft raping everyone else or even Trey Lance.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Very good point my friend.

Here’s some more welcome fodder from a cincyjungle.com article from today:

“There is a growing consensus that Cincinnati could wait to add more protection for Burrow until Day 2 of the draft. It may just be a matter of which offensive weapon the Bengals are looking to pair with Burrow.”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Very good point my friend.

Here’s some more welcome fodder from a cincyjungle.com article from today:

“There is a growing consensus that Cincinnati could wait to add more protection for Burrow until Day 2 of the draft. It may just be a matter of which offensive weapon the Bengals are looking to pair with Burrow.”
                      And they could. There will be some good OGs and a OC in rounds two and three.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Sound advice from one of the most consistent build the OL proponents

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

So you are confident the top 5 OT's will not end up being a Fluker???..... I believe there are several OT's in this draft who might end up developing into good to great players but there are only 2 or 3 that rank as fairly sure immediate starters..... so all are not worth taking at 13..... Best organizations draft BPA...... and Chargers should do that ..... Chargers could defeintiey use an elite player at OT, CB, DE, OLB, TE, WR, DT...... its going to be about how the draft goes..... and who is available...... and only trade up if TT thinks Sewell is a generational talent.....

Comment

Working...
                          X